West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
RichB
IronDane
Arran H
SemiOldIron
alfiehammer
Jiggs
Tony P
Hungry Hammer 66
Campo
Admin
14 posters

West Ham v Southampton

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

West Ham v Southampton - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham v Southampton

Post  daib0 Sat 22 Feb 2014, 7:07 pm

Gotta give full credit where it's due - just a word of congratulations on your very fine form of late, not just winning but doing it in style with two goal margins as well. I'd have thought the Hammers are safe now (hope that's not the last famous words ...)

clap 
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 22 Feb 2014, 8:08 pm

daib0 wrote:Gotta give full credit where it's due - just a word of congratulations on your very fine form of late, not just winning but doing it in style with two goal margins as well. I'd have thought the Hammers are safe now (hope that's not the last famous words ...)

clap 

I would love to say your right their but something tells me that Until we reach that 40+ point mark we are no where near being safe ,

I think we were lucky today to come away with not only 3pts but to come away with a 3-1 win as on another day we could of quite easily have lost today ,

And the best thing is we won the last 3 game`s without Andy Carroll , so with him back next week for the Everton we may just continue this unbeaten run

COYI !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 22 Feb 2014, 8:09 pm

HH66 to be fair to Sam
    last 5
    draw 1
    won 4
    lost 0

but the goal difference is something that we cant complain about

goals against 2
    goals for 9

2 of those games Chelsea and the Saints
    that run is impressive

over the last 8 games
    W5 D2 L1

however still need 9 points from 12 games

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 22 Feb 2014, 8:34 pm

like me sleep ins on a saturday, so DVR'd the game (nearly said 'taped' but hate to admit I'm that old)

just finished watching it...

ooh, crikey... felt me heart sin when Saints scored and our glorious run of clean sheets went out the window with a right poor bit of defending from a free kick...

At that point I actually hit the fast forward button - as I'd been doing all over the Xmas season... no point in sitting there for 90 minutes to watch us lose...

But then I see the score change and hit 'play'

Yup... we scored... then scored again... good grief... how can this be?

The opening ten minutes of so had seen us right under the cosh and looking like we'd just come back form a holiday in the middle east...

we hadn't come back from a goal down all season... we hadn't won from a losing position in 14 months...

It couldn't be weirder... Carlton Cole had scored... yup... my beet noir, C. Cole... had hit the post then smashed the rebound into the back of the net after Jarvo had scored whilst sneaking in from a just about off-side position.

Then it was pretty much back to normal... business as usual...

Saints had been on 70% possession but we were suddenly 2-1 up and looking as solid and composed as we'd done for most of the last 4 games.

Over all stats... Saints 69% possession 25 attempts, only 5 on target

We had 10 attempts on goal... same number on target and managed to score 3 of them.

Cole did well.
    Noble did very well.
    Nolan did exactly what a captain is supposed to do.
    Diame nearly scored with an awesome shot from 20 yards out that would have been the icing on the cake.

Saints weren't a bad team... they played well but just didn't have the rub of the green.

Like the comms said... we were more determined, first to (almost) every second ball. Defending from the front when we had to.

It wasn't exactly vintage european football... the purists and assholes will say a lot of it might be dull, hoof and hope... but you know what?

We've played 5 games... won 4 and conceded 2 while scoring 9. Piled up 13 points out of a possible 15.

At Xmas we were fucked at the bottom of the table seeming unable to score against an open goal. We had Carroll back for a game or two and then lost him.... things couldn't have looked worse...

But somehow... the manager and the players came together (returns from injury played a huge part... once we got our primary defensive unit back on the pitch) and we started doing what we need to do.

Demel was good today as well.

Celebrating Saint Bobby's day today we did exactly what we had to... we let the opposition keep the ball as much as they liked, defended well (we weren't perfect in either... don't think i'm not aware of that... but it's the result which matters... three points and another +2 in the goal difference column) and we scored when we got the chance... even against the run of play for Nolan's acrobatic overhead kick to round out the day.

Could be happier... no... that's bullshit... couldn't actually.

A come-from-behind win, three points at home. Fourth win on the trot, Carlton Cole proving me wrong - I'm not gonna complain about anything thank-you very much.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 22 Feb 2014, 9:20 pm

Actually kept away from the game and played pass the parcel etc.,  Checked in with 15 minutes to go, saw we were 3-1 up after being one down.  Shouted Yeeeeeeeeeees and did a  West Ham v Southampton - Page 2 1343512671 around the room, much to the kids amusement.  See, I said we'd win, wrong result but correct margin .....  woot 

Great little tea party, great result. Looking forward to seeing on MOTD  ............... Happy, happy, happy!!
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 22 Feb 2014, 11:09 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:
    Admin wrote:So tell me HH66 should we still get rid of fat Sam and the D&D owners  cheesey grin

You tell me, I remember you posting Sam Out !!!

Trying not to be too smug at the moment. As a big Nolan fan and firmly behind Sam, it's good days....
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Sun 23 Feb 2014, 12:04 am

Four on the trot, I am giddy.

It's tough only being able to follow on Twitter via the offish. 9 points from 12? Feeling good about that. I don't particularly enjoy the fact we are still within arms reach of the drop, but the amount of teams helps that.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 23 Feb 2014, 12:17 pm

Campo wrote:HH66 to be fair to Sam
    last 5
    draw 1
    won 4
    lost 0

but the goal difference is something that we cant complain about

goals against 2
    goals for 9

2 of those games Chelsea and the Saints
    that run is impressive

over the last 8 games
    W5 D2 L1

however still need 9 points from 12 games

alfiehammer wrote:
    Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:
    Admin wrote:So tell me HH66 should we still get rid of fat Sam and the D&D owners  cheesey grin

You tell me, I remember you posting Sam Out !!!

Trying not to be too smug at the moment. As a big Nolan fan and firmly behind Sam, it's good days....

Allardyce is a chancer and flatters to deceive
    We don't control, dominate or look comfortable in games, Chelsea, Norwich and Southampton were the better teams and we could just as easily lost those games, saying that the Chelsea result was huuuuuuuuge and appears to be the catalyst for the ensuing resilience and results and fair play to the decision makers for holding their nerve after managing us in to second from bottom and then doing their jobs and managing us out of it and I am now confident there will be 3 worse teams than us come May.

Do I Love West Ham United? - Unconditionaly Yes, with every fibre of my being.
    Do I like West Ham United under Allardyce? - No I dont
    Irons In The Soul
    WHTID

P.S. Fair play to Nolan, he gave a proper captains interview and came across really well on MOTD
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 23 Feb 2014, 4:21 pm

Could only follow with the phone and then watch the highlights - great result, but it looks to me like we are getting good fortune by the bucketful at present! I'm not complaining, just worried about the payback - maybe the whole squad will go down with bubonic plague next week, or the FA will dredge up some more dodgy dealings from the Iceland days and demote us to League 2. Sorry folks, I just can't help it after all these years.
    Must give due credit to BFS for hauling us up into the top half of the table when, let's face it , we have a pretty average set of players this season. I just wish we didn't have to go quite so close to the cliff edge before he turned it round.
    And really must applaud Nolan, like many I thought he was pretty well finished at Christmas, and he has certainly proved me wrong. Say what you like about his fitness or his skills, the bloke has real character, and you can see why BFS puts so much faith in him to lead the team. While none of the squad may be superstars, seems like the harder they try, the luckier they get. Long may it continue.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sun 23 Feb 2014, 6:59 pm

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 24 Feb 2014, 9:02 pm

Very glad we won however our midfield really worries me.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 24 Feb 2014, 9:17 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Very glad we won however our midfield really worries me.

Me too. I am still unsure how we have won the last two games considering our midfield has been out passed, outrun and out tackled !!

Noble, Nolan and Taylor - you couldn't get three slower players together in a central midfield in the PL - but it seems to work
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:12 pm

Even in iron Danes video it referred to goals being against the run of play or the first west ham attack etc. papering over the cracks maybe, but as long as we get to 40 points then we can rebuild over the summer.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Tue 25 Feb 2014, 4:49 pm

Yep, agree with all 4 of the above posts

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:54 pm