West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Campo
IronDane
alfiehammer
Tony P
Charlie Ham
westhamonkey
Admin
12 posters

Liverpool v West Ham United FC

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Liverpool v West Ham United FC - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool v West Ham United FC

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sat 31 Jan 2015, 6:33 pm

Kray JR wrote:Id like to see his stats for the game....how many touches etc.

I'd like to see him shot.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Liverpool v West Ham United FC - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool v West Ham United FC

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 31 Jan 2015, 8:23 pm

The BBC Radio London comms team reckoned we might as well have played with ten men. At some point BFS has to realise that digging his heels in about playing Nolan is just making him look stupid and out of touch. The man is simply too slow now for the PL. Every dog has his day, and Nolan's had his - he HAS served us well, he might even manage another season in the Chumps for somebody, but he's at the end of the line as far as the Prem is concerned IMHO. FFS Sam, open your eyes.....
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 31 Jan 2015, 8:28 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:

The BBC Radio London comms team reckoned we might as well have played with ten men. At some point BFS has to realise that digging his heels in about playing Nolan is just making him look stupid and out of touch. The man is simply too slow now for the PL. Every dog has his day, and Nolan's had his - he HAS served us well, he might even manage another season in the Chumps for somebody, but he's at the end of the line as far as the Prem is concerned IMHO. FFS Sam, open your eyes.....

I think Sam is too stubborn to admit he is wrong.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:16 pm

Kray JR wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:

I think Sam is too stubborn to admit he is wrong.

It's not that...

For BFSA to admit he's wrong, he'd have to actually agree with you that he's wrong. I honestly don't think he believes that.
    I feel he believes playing Nolan with his "experience" shores up the midfield and without him we'd be leaking goals and getting over run by the op...

Troubles is... he DOESN'T shore up the midfield and he's a goal poacher at best...

I just don't think that BFSA sees or believes that...

But then who am I to judge? People play Carlton Cole and say he worries defenses and holds up plays well... but I've never seen him to any of that...

I just don't think Sam is on the same page regarding Nolan and so for him there's nothing to admit he's wrong about.

Fortunately... nature intercedes and injuries will force him to make changes to the team.

I think it's funny the comms are reported to have said we might as well have been playing with ten men... we actually DID finish the game with ten men after Reid went off...

So as much as Nolan ain't cutting the mustard and we need goals up front... we now have all three of our Centre Backs injured...
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 01 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm

I can seen Nolan being used as a CB against Man U....
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 01 Feb 2015, 9:44 pm

Liverpool v West Ham United FC - Page 3 Screenshot_2015-02-01-21-37-34_zpsuh8wlqgl
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 02 Feb 2015, 6:15 am

Kray JR wrote:Liverpool v West Ham United FC - Page 3 Screenshot_2015-02-01-21-37-34_zpsuh8wlqgl

Well that about sums it up , get shot of him NOW
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:31 pm

You know it, but seeing it in black and white  jawdrop
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 02 Feb 2015, 3:35 pm

I didnt see the game, but I am surprised his figures are as high as that! And thats in comparison with a Henderson!
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 02 Feb 2015, 4:53 pm

Remember he's not the only one. Nobel is so slow and takes to long to think about what he is doing.

Now that we have so many injuries I expect us to lose to Man Utd.

Season seems to be over now?
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 02 Feb 2015, 5:11 pm

I've never rated Noble as anything but average, at best. Nolan, I disagreed with on his signing, his high wage (when financially we were in Shit Street) his 5 year contract etc. I was pleased to have to eat my words as he turned the club around with his goals and authority. Sadly the last season and half his game (and Sam insistance of using him) has been pivotal.

I don't fully subscribe to the start of the season oddity (and it was an oddity) but the fact remains that the system change worked, because Nolan was injured, Sam had his arse kicked by the owners, and we were luckier than normal and things went our way. Nolan returns, Sam starts playing him, things drop off. Sam should have been more canny and stay with the formation and tactics that were working - because it would have gone wrong eventually, thats the West Ham way but at least it would've gone wrong with a system that had worked, appeased the fans and got results.

I feel Sam has written his own epitaph through, call it what you want; stubbornness, belief, ignorance by reverting a winning formation - he could have changed it when the honeymoon period was over and had to go to Plan B (or A really!)
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 02 Feb 2015, 8:08 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Remember he's not the only one. Nobel is so slow and takes to long to think about what he is doing.

Dunno if the season is 'over' just yet...

Depends what you mean by over..

If you mean..

A: our rise up the table, great performances and decent results - then YES, the season is pretty much over.

B: a plunge down the table and a potential relegation struggle to ensue - the NO, the season is just beginning

C: expulsion form the FA Cup for fielding an ineligible player and allowing us to 'concentrate' on the league - then NO our season is not over, it's only just begin

D: oh for fupp's sake... why should I come up with 4 plans when the team and club only seems to have one plan
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 02 Feb 2015, 8:22 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:Remember he's not the only one. Nobel is so slow and takes to long to think about what he is doing.

Dunno if the season is 'over' just yet...

Depends what you mean by over..

If you mean..

A: our rise up the table, great performances and decent results - then YES, the season is pretty much over.

B: a plunge down the table and a potential relegation struggle to ensue - the NO, the season is just beginning

C: expulsion form the FA Cup for fielding an ineligible player  and allowing us to 'concentrate' on the league  - then NO our season is not over, it's only just begin

D: oh for fupp's sake... why should I come up with 4 plans when the team and club only seems to have one plan

Disappointing really.

I'II go for A & C. Can't see us in a relegation struggle but also can't see us doing better then mid table.
    With our luck can see us being pushed out of the FA cup, fined and sue by Bristol City.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 1:27 pm