West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Jiggs
Geezer
7 posters

The stadium is ours

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

The stadium is ours Empty The stadium is ours

Post  Geezer Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:17 pm

West Ham's bid to move into the Olympic Stadium following the 2012 London Olympics has now been officially ratified by the government.

The Mayor of London and the Department for Communities and Local Government have given their backing to the decision to hand the Hammers the Stratford site following next year's games.
    In a statement, local government minister Bob Neill said: "The Olympic Park Legacy Company are now able to enter into negotiations with West Ham and Newham Council to agree a lease.
    "We are delighted with the progress that has been made and very pleased we have reached this very significant milestone."
    The decision comes after the Olympic Park Legacy Company last month chose the Hammers' bid to use the stadium as opposed to that of their London rivals Tottenham.
    Reflecting on the news, West Ham's vice-chairman Karren Brady said on the club's website: "I am pleased and proud the Mayor of London and Government have today endorsed the Olympic Park Legacy Company's recommendation that West Ham United and Newham Council be preferred bidder for the Olympic Stadium.
    "I am grateful for their support and the clear recognition of the strengths of a financially strong, community-based bid that will do much for the regeneration of east London. At this time, I must also personally thank Baroness Ford and Andy Altman of the OPLC for the thorough and professional way they have handled this entire process. I look forward to working with them in the future and making their vision a reality.
    "At West Ham, we have been entrusted with a great responsibility and the OPLC's unanimous backing will only inspire us further to make good on our legacy promises. In many ways, the hard work starts now. The starting gun has been fired and we are off and running. This will be an Olympic Stadium to make everyone proud, a multi-sports, multi-event arena that will be both a spectacular local and global attraction. We will not let anyone down.

Well thats that I suppose , it Will be à sad day when they pull down UP
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

The stadium is ours Empty Re: The stadium is ours

Post  Jiggs Thu 03 Mar 2011, 1:34 pm

It certainly will be a sad, bad day Geeze, I'm gutted. Sad

Oh and Ms Brady....You can shut the fcuk up with ya grovelling now :sleep:
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 03 Mar 2011, 1:53 pm

Geezer wrote:

Well thats that I suppose , it Will be à sad day when they pull down UP

I am sure the Dave's will make most of it available! eBay etc......... Expect emails to season ticket holders soon, buy your seat!

Actually, just make the last game there against the Pikeys and save on demolishing costs!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 03 Mar 2011, 2:10 pm

Hehe...good point Jules.....

On the subject of Season ticket holders.......We are being told that there is a 17,000 waiting list....so how come they are advertising to sell half season tickets now? You'd have thought at least some, if not all of the 17,000 would have jumped in there ?
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 03 Mar 2011, 2:19 pm

I have told them a million times not to exaggerate.

Think that line is to get season tickets sold and for OPCS or whhatever they are called!
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 5:25 pm

The danger is when we decide that it's not working out and the lease comes to an end and before we know it we are kicked out because the government won't renew it and we are left grovelling to Leyton Orient to share their ground whilst watching that smug look on Barry Hearns face!!

Wow I have been away a while my punctuation is even worse!!
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Thu 03 Mar 2011, 5:43 pm

It will probably be a long lease dude , 99yrs or so , either way its nothing for any of us to worry about , by then football will probably have changed to some futuristic. murderball on roller skates , enter James Cann cheesey grin
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 03 Mar 2011, 5:44 pm

Barry will be dead-we all will be!
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 5:47 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Barry will be dead-we all will be!

Good that way they might stop finguck around with the snooker!!!!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 03 Mar 2011, 5:50 pm

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:The danger is when we decide that it's not working out and the lease comes to an end and before we know it we are kicked out because the government won't renew it and we are left grovelling to Leyton Orient to share their ground whilst watching that smug look on Barry Hearns face!!

Wow I have been away a while my punctuation is even worse!!

and your imagination is even madder !!
    steveh
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  steveh Thu 03 Mar 2011, 7:20 pm

Geezer wrote:It will probably be a long lease dude , 99yrs or so , either way its nothing for any of us to worry about , by then football will probably have changed to some futuristic. murderball on roller skates , enter James Cann cheesey grin

Laughing
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 03 Mar 2011, 7:43 pm

Geezer wrote:It will probably be a long lease dude , 99yrs or so , either way its nothing for any of us to worry about , by then football will probably have changed to some futuristic. murderball on roller skates , enter James Cann cheesey grin

Will he offer £25k for a 15% stake? Or half the money with Deborah Meaden?
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:41 pm

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:The danger is when we decide that it's not working out and the lease comes to an end and before we know it we are kicked out because the government won't renew it and we are left grovelling to Leyton Orient to share their ground whilst watching that smug look on Barry Hearns face!!

I think you'll find its a 250 year lease. Please, before you go making rash statements to drum up fear, do your research and get the facts.

The Offish on 12/2/2011 wrote: We will give UK Athletics the same length of lease that we have on the stadium, so while we will be there for 250 years they will be there for 250 years.
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:46 pm

But we need a bit of fear.....World would be pretty boring without it.....Plus I haven't scaremongered in AGES!!! Allow me a little indulgence! cheesey grin

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 5:17 am