West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Non-League 2015-16

Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Non-League 2015-16  - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-League 2015-16

Post  Kray JR Sat 05 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm

The curse of the manager of the month trophy......lost 3-0, all goals fairly late into the game.

At 0-0 we were denied what looked a blatant penalty, our camera also caught this interesting shot of the Sutton Captain trying to eat one of our players........the ref gave them both a talking to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 05 Dec 2015, 10:20 pm

Looks like a bite of a suarez going on there

hatsoff
    Im here all week

on the serious side biting is fupping cowardly turd
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:02 am

Looking a lot better for Basingstoke now - might even overtake Concord! Non-League 2015-16  - Page 4 3717672098
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Mon 18 Jan 2016, 8:28 pm

muttley muttley muttley

Its that time of year.....cant remember when I went to a game last due to postponed games and other commitments.

Hopefully an Essex Senior Cup match to go to tomorrow night weather permitting. Telling
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 20 Jan 2016, 8:51 pm

Basingrads form has improved over the last 10 (13 points) also puts us 13th in the form table, keep that going we should be alright
    Chelmsford (manager walked today) and Bath City are the ones on the slide at the moment both only gained 9 points from a potential 45 over the last 15 games
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 21 Jan 2016, 7:37 am

We beat Chelmsford 2-0 in the cup Tuesday night. All they had was a long throw as their attacking option.  Very Happy
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Mon 29 Feb 2016, 2:15 pm

Very Contentious Goal In National League

Basically a player was down and the ball put out so he could have treatment. The team putting the ball out (Braintree) then expected to get the ball back from Guiseley but what happened next was the ball was thrown in to a team mate who under no pressure and expected by all (even his own players) to kick the ball back to the opposing goalie, scored a beauty as he drifted it over the keepers head. So Guiseley scored the goal and it all kicked off with Braintree full expecting the ref to do something, or at least let the others step aside and let them score a goal back due to the supposed error. Unfortunately Guiseley didn't do that, in fact, they maintain it is a grey area so tough and are even debating if it isn't the Braintree keeper's fault for not making a save.

Well now you can decide because here is a link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have a look and see if you think Guiseley are at fault and should have let Braintree walk one in, as they say. Oh, the game finished 1-1 and Guiseley were one down at this point. So that controversial goal was the equaliser to collect a point.

------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion:

terrible, Guiseley deserve loads of bad publicity over this *^?¨__:!! giving the ball back to the oppo after a play stops because a player needs treatment is pretty much universal even if not written ... it's no grey area
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Mon 29 Feb 2016, 9:13 pm

The Guiseley manager would have done far better keeping his mouth shut - now looks like a right drip ...

Essex County Gazatte Standard

Guiseley boss Bower explains why his team didn't allow Braintree Town a walk-in goal as game ends in controversy

Guiseley manager Mark Bower said the reason why his team hadn’t allowed Braintree Town a ‘walk-in’ goal after their controversial equaliser in their Vanarama National League clash was because of goalkeeper Tom King’s reaction to Oliver Norburn’s kick towards goal. Speaking to the BBC after the game, the Guiseley boss said people around him at the time had told him that King had been “trying to be clever” in letting the ball into the net. And that was why they decided not to let Braintree walk a goal in at the other end to even up the situation.

The flashpoint came in the 73rd minute of Braintree’s game at Guiseley with the visitors leading 1-0 after Michael Cheek’s 42nd minute strike. With Cheek needing treatment for an injury, the visitors had put the ball out so he could receive it and expected the usual unwritten convention of the opposition returning the ball afterwards to be duly observed. It was, but in returning the ball to Braintree after the restart, Guiseley’s Oliver Norburn lofted it over King and into the net.

With the goal being technically legitimate, it stood, however, Braintree were riled by the manner in which it had come and even more so by Guiseley’s unwillingness to gift them one back to redress the position. However, Bower said it had been the way that King reacted to Norburn’s kick that led their course of action afterwards.

The Guiseley boss told the BBC: “It’s a difficult one and a really grey area. We’re returning the ball to them after it had been kicked out of play after an injury to one of their players. You’re looking at other things on the pitch and suddenly the ball is floating over the goalkeeper, who is just sort of stood there with his arms in the air. He allows the ball to go into the net. I’ve only half seen it but everyone standing around me said he has let it go in trying to be clever and it’s put us in a really difficult position. Should we allow them to go and score a goal or not? But everyone around us is saying that the keeper is trying to be clever. He’s let it go in and we should take the course of action that we did. For a few minutes the referee, I’m not sure what he was talking to the linesman about, but it has then all kicked off. Surrounding that it all got a bit unpleasant on there and we’ve made a decision that was a very difficult one and one that I’m sure will attract a lot of attention, whether it was right or wrong. It will be what the game is remembered for, but it was a difficult position to be in.”

Bower added: “Everyone on the side said it was the keeper trying to be clever. It was a clip (by Norburn). It wasn’t one of those that was driven into the top corner that no-one could do anything about, it just, from what people have said and I haven’t seen the start of the incident, the keeper could have stopped it and he has just sort of let it happen. It was a decision that myself and the club will have to live with, but it wasn’t the sort of cut and dried one that you’ve seen in the past where it is obvious and you allow that to happen. It’s an awful position to be in and not a nice one to be in. It doesn’t feel nice now and it’s not the way you want to score a goal in a game. But it’s happened and we’ve explained what everyone around - supporters, players on the pitch and the bench and club officials - were saying. Everyone said he had just let it in and that’s why we came to the conclusion that we came to. It’s probably my worst moment watching that last 20 minutes of the game wondering whether it was the right thing to have done, but we have to live with that decision and have to move on.”

Do you believe that?!!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 05 Mar 2016, 8:20 am

It was the biggest load of crap I've ever heard rofl smiley

How tall did he think the Braintree keeper was ? It was so far above his head.

When I first watched it and heard their commentary saying it was an accident he'd only side footed it was laughable as well.

If it was the other way round I know that Braintree would have allowed them to walk the ball into the net as I know the people involved in the club.

Also any referee with half a brain would have pulled it back and made something up like "I hadn't blown my whistle", why did he need to go and speak to his assistant all the way down the pitch ????
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 09 Mar 2016, 2:57 pm

The southern league beckons shithappens
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 11 Mar 2016, 3:53 pm

Michael Gilkes

daib0 wrote:wow! I'm gonna keep a close eye on his progress ...

total barmpot , clueless, not even sure he is watching the same game as the rest of us
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 12 Mar 2016, 6:44 pm

On a great run so far this year Non-League 2015-16  - Page 4 1343512671

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:17 pm

Kray JR wrote:On a great run so far this year Non-League 2015-16  - Page 4 1343512671

Non-League 2015-16  - Page 4 1518089606 clap
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:26 am

Going Going Gone

now need 2 points a game for the last 9

Non-League 2015-16  - Page 4 36535801
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 13 Mar 2016, 4:59 pm

Where has it gone wrong dude ?

Is there that much playing staff changed from last season ?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 14 Mar 2016, 10:48 am

Same squad apart from the two Reading U21 lads
    A fair amount of the squad were given huge pay rises after last years good season
    the attitude on and off the pitch is horrible.
    prime example is players have been driving away from the ground after the game with a beer in hand, its just gone very very wrong
    The owner has lost interest
    3 directors have resigned this season
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 15 Mar 2016, 5:03 pm

Future not looking bright either

Open letter to the people of Basingstoke and Deane from Rafi Razzak, chairman of Basingstoke Town FC

I am proud, and honoured, to be the Chairman of Basingstoke Town Football Club – a position I have held for more than 15 years.

I believe that the town’s football club is at the heart of the local community, and that it is very much ‘the people’s club’ – one that has always striven, and has great potential, to make a positive contribution to the economic growth and profile of the town.

During my time as chairman, I have personally subsidised the club with substantial annual funding to help ensure the continuation of senior non-league football in the town and to maximise our contribution to the community e.g. through our academy and activities for young people. I have been happy to do this as part of my support for our great town and borough.

As a custodian of this historic club, which was founded in 1896, I feel I must now speak up as I think it is important that I should make people fully aware of the potential implications of Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council’s recent decision to reject our proposal to use land west of the Hilton Hotel at Black Dam to build a new community stadium.

For the last 15 years, I have been asking the council to work with the club to find a site on which we can build a new stadium for football and community use. The club needs a new stadium because it is not possible to invest in the existing Camrose Stadium to bring it up to modern standards, due to the limited length of the existing lease which we are unable to extend.

Without a new stadium, the club cannot progress and provide a standard of football and community facilities to match the ambition and growth of the town. Neither will it be possible for football to make the valuable contributions to the economic prosperity and profile of the town which have been evidenced in so many places around the country.

Over the 15 years, the club has co-operated fully with the council as various locations where a new stadium could be built have been considered, and then rejected. The vision was to create a sports complex that can accommodate the Football Club, the Rugby Club, the Hockey Club, and the Athletics Club in Down Grange. That vision, I am afraid, went astray and new sites were recommended by the council. These included the Leisure Park, Gresley Road, and the land west of the Hilton at Black Dam. We are now told that no options are left, following cross-party private meetings held by councillors, which is very frustrating. This also leaves the club in a very difficult position.

Our existing business model, in our current location, cannot be sustained and, unless we can find a location on which we can build a new stadium, the future of the club in the town is very uncertain. Discussions need to start soon to enable sufficient time for a solution to be found, and myself and my colleagues are already exploring any option that may be feasible. We may face having to leave the Camrose and may have to look to ground-share with another club outside of the borough.

I very much hope that our borough council will want to be a part of any solution, and can help prevent the club being lost to the town and its people.

I think it is important to make the current position clear to everyone so that no-one is in any doubt as to the challenges and difficult decisions that lie ahead.

I am very grateful to everyone who has supported, and worked so hard for, the club during my long tenure as Chairman. I hope a solution can be found that ensures Basingstoke Town FC can continue to survive, thrive and make a telling and valued contribution to the town where it belongs.

Many thanks

Rafi Razzak

Rafi Razzak, Chairman, Basingstoke Town Football Club
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Wed 16 Mar 2016, 3:16 pm

Fingers crossed something gets sorted dude.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 19 Mar 2016, 11:10 am

30 years left on the lease
    I hope that Rafi's threat of moving out of the town is a thinly veiled threat to the Council
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 20 Mar 2016, 10:01 am

Players kicking off with each other in the tunnel at half time Non-League 2015-16  - Page 4 2723394577
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 21 Mar 2016, 2:36 pm

Gilkes sacked

Da Da Dana Dana Da Da Da Da Zippo's Circus
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 22 Mar 2016, 9:24 am

Campo wrote:Gilkes sacked

Da  Da  Dana Dana Da  Da  Da   Da  Zippo's Circus

hi there. Have you got any link on this so I can put a piece up on RR? hatsoff
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 22 Mar 2016, 9:26 am

Ah, by the way, our local non-league scene big thread is now rehoused in the 'Local Issues' part of the site - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 22 Mar 2016, 3:26 pm

daib0 wrote:

Ah, by the way, our local non-league scene big thread is now rehoused in the 'Local Issues' part of the site - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Out with the old

and in with the new, Terry Brown now the manager, good appointment and one we needed so much

I'm in Prague for the next couple of days before heading off to Budapest Non-League 2015-16  - Page 4 3777063607
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 22 Mar 2016, 5:07 pm

cheers!
    Careful with the beautiful Czech chics ... Non-League 2015-16  - Page 4 36535801

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 3:28 pm