West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Charlie Ham
alfiehammer
SemiOldIron
Admin
8 posters

West Ham United FC V Norwich

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC V Norwich  Empty West Ham United FC V Norwich

Post  Admin Fri 25 Sep 2015, 5:55 pm

West Ham United FC V Norwich  WH%20V%20Nor_zps8q6wlgqf

West Ham United FC V Norwich  League-cup-west-ham-andy-carroll_3354672

West Ham United entertain Norwich City at Upton Park on Saturday afternoon, looking to continue their excellent start to the campaign.
    Slaven Bilic's side go into this match in third place in the Premier League and with wins at Arsenal, Liverpool and - last time out - leaders Manchester City already under their belts.
    However, West Ham's home form has been less impressive, with the club suffering surprise defeats against Leicester City and Bournemouth to begin the campaign at the Boleyn Ground.
    Opta stats
    The Hammers have an unbeaten Premier League record against the Canaries at Upton Park (W2 D2).
    West Ham have used 24 different players in the Premier League this season, two more than any other side.
    Norwich City have not won any of their last 13 Premier League away games in London (D5 L8).
    Dimitri Payet has had a hand in 12 goals (four goals, eight assists) in his last 14 league appearances (Premier League and Ligue 1 combined).
    Wes Hoolahan has had a hand in five goals in his last five Premier League appearances for Norwich (one goal, four assists).
    The Canaries have scored just four goals in their last seven away Premier League games, failing to find the net in five of these
    Merson's prediction
    West Ham have been really good over the last month, and I think they'll win this comfortably. Norwich have a go wherever they are, and they look solid too, but I don't see them living with Slaven Bilic's side.
    Dimitri Payet has been absolutely superb for West Ham. Outstanding. He does everything, and everyone in that West Ham team are bouncing off him. Managers across the Premier League are thinking 'why didn't we sign him?'
    PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

West Ham United FC V Norwich  Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Norwich

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:38 pm

It will be interesting to see if SB gives Carroll a start in front of the faithful - I think he might, but he'd better perform. nope
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:46 pm

Got offered tickets for this one but am working. Bugger. 

im a Carroll fan, but I think I'd still be starting with sakho. Impact sub.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 26 Sep 2015, 10:14 am

Running hot and cold about today's game.
    Just don't know how our lot will play in midfield.
    Will be pissed off if we don't win.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 26 Sep 2015, 11:51 am

This is a should win, must win game to keep us in the very top bit of the table..........

C ~ O ~ Y ~ I   West Ham United FC V Norwich  1343512671
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 26 Sep 2015, 2:21 pm

Looks like Spurts are going to beat Man City, so if we win  and Man U don't, we could end up top! West Ham United FC V Norwich  1626210847

(I know, I know, and IF my auntie was a bloke she'd be my uncle.....)

Anyway, first things first, let's see a good thrashing of the yokels this afternoon.

COYI!!

scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 26 Sep 2015, 2:46 pm

Adrian
    Jenkinson
    Tomkins
    Reid
    Cresswell
    Noble
    Kouyate
    Lanzini
    Payet
    Moses
    Sakho

Subs:Randolph, Carroll, Zarate, Obiang, Collins, Jelavic, Antonio

Best line-up we've got IMO, and lots of options from the bench. Now make it work Mr Bilic!!
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 26 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm

1-0 down already West Ham United FC V Norwich  2723394577
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 26 Sep 2015, 3:54 pm

1-1 at half time and that dickhead Dean is letting them get away with too much , onwards and upwards COYFI
    West Ham United FC V Norwich  1289607003 West Ham United FC V Norwich  1289607003 West Ham United FC V Norwich  1289607003 West Ham United FC V Norwich  1289607003 West Ham United FC V Norwich  1289607003 West Ham United FC V Norwich  1289607003 West Ham United FC V Norwich  1289607003 West Ham United FC V Norwich  1289607003 West Ham United FC V Norwich  1289607003
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:19 pm

Not very happy with this result , some poor marking and another sloppy pass from our captain to gift them their two goals ......Carrol done -nothing and I really dont see the point of having him in the team any more ........ I expect more from West Ham especially at home , I know we have done well so far away and need to step up against the likes of Norwich . We done well to get the 1-1 before half time and for 20 mins in the 2nd but let them back in the game again . Must do better at home WH
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm

2-2 - fuppin' disappointing. We have to figure out something better at home, can't just rely on mugging people away. At least it will stop (most of) us getting too excited about our prospects this season, Norwich are NOT major players and if we can't beat them at home then neither are we.
    AND them slimy Spurts have nearly caught us up too, grrr.... angry2
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:33 pm

It's getting ridiculous now ......... There are no easy teams in the prem West Ham. So have a bit of respect for them all, home and away  doh
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 26 Sep 2015, 8:10 pm

Got to say it I think Bilic has made a major mistake in picking Noble as captain.
    Cannot pass a ball if his life depended on it.
    Cannot see how he warrants a place in the team.
    Very disappointed with some of our play today.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 26 Sep 2015, 8:32 pm

Nothing to add to what's already been said, accept that in the end I was extremely grateful to rescue a era Something in tha at least. A desire to play for the manager to the final whistle.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Sep 2015, 10:42 am

Very disappointed with our home form. Yet again yesterday we did not play at the same tempo and intensity that we do away from home. Why?

I am not a Noble fan as some of you know. He is an average player. Nothing more. If he was not "one of our own" etc etc and we had paid £5m-£8m for him then I suspect that others with C&B tinted glasses would have a different opinion of him

Away from home we play 4-3-3 and his shortcomings are masked by having a 3rd midfielder alongside him. At home Bilic insists on playing 4-2-3-1 (which is supposedly more attack minded) which exposes Noble's lack of discipline and pace. I watch him closely every game. Against Man City his job was to mark Kevin De Bruyne. Watch Man City's goal. Noble switched off and left De Bruyne. Yesterday his job seemed to be to mark Wes Hoolahan. He rarely got near him all game

Noble runs around a lot, pointing at others, yet actually marks no-one. He fools a lot of people by running around a lot. It is wasted energy and achieves little if the running around is not focused on closing down an opponent. When we lose the ball I watch Kouyate look for his man and get tight to him. Noble just points. This means that at home our midfield is bypassed far too easily and exposes our defence far too often. He has little pace but doesn't make up for it by positioning himself properly. Average midfield players just drift past him with ease. Nathan Redmond showed this for the second goal yesterday. He dawdles in possession and takes far too long to play the obvious pass; giving the opposition time to get behind the ball. The pass across our back for Norwich's first goal was not only suicidal but was inept. Yes, everyone makes mistakes but there was no need to attempt the pass in the first place

Now that he has been made captain I am not sure that Bilic has the balls to drop him. When Obiang/Kouyate/Song are all fit I don't see a starting place for Noble I am afraid
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:46 pm

Tony P wrote:Very disappointed with our home form. Yet again yesterday we did not play at the same tempo and intensity that we do away from home. Why?

I am not a Noble fan as some of you know. He is an average player. Nothing more. If he was not "one of our own" etc etc and we had paid £5m-£8m for him then I suspect that others with C&B tinted glasses would have a different opinion of him

Away from home we play 4-3-3 and his shortcomings are masked by having a 3rd midfielder alongside him. At home Bilic insists on playing 4-2-3-1 (which is supposedly more attack minded) which exposes Noble's lack of discipline and pace. I watch him closely every game. Against Man City his job was to mark Kevin De Bruyne. Watch Man City's goal. Noble switched off and left De Bruyne. Yesterday his job seemed to be to mark Wes Hoolahan. He rarely got near him all game

Noble runs around a lot, pointing at others, yet actually marks no-one. He fools a lot of people by running around a lot. It is wasted energy and achieves little if the running around is not focused on closing down an opponent. When we lose the ball I watch Kouyate look for his man and get tight to him. Noble just points. This means that at home our midfield is bypassed far too easily and exposes our defence far too often. He has little pace but doesn't make up for it by positioning himself properly. Average midfield players just drift past him with ease. Nathan Redmond showed this for the second goal yesterday. He dawdles in possession and takes far too long to play the obvious pass; giving the opposition time to get behind the ball. The pass across our back for Norwich's first goal was not only suicidal but was inept. Yes, everyone makes mistakes but there was no need to attempt the pass in the first place

Now that he has been made captain I am not sure that Bilic has the balls to drop him. When Obiang/Kouyate/Song are all fit I don't see a starting place for Noble I am afraid

Agree with every single word. As part of a 3 man central midfield he just about gets away with it. His tackling is only second to Paul Scholes (though Scholes' other attributes far surpasses Nobles)

It'll be interesting and frustrating to see how this develops. We've got play our best 11 and I have never seen Noble as in it (other than his early seasons) We have a better midfield work horse in Kouyate and Song, better skills and technical players too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 9:57 pm