West Ham Cockney Boys


    Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Share
    avatar
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

    Posts : 1927
    Join date : 2012-08-15
    Age : 35
    Location : East Sussex

    Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  alfiehammer on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm

    The big one today. Slightly prefer this to the home game as slightly less expectation of a win...today it will feel like a very welcome bonus not a burden of expectancy. 

    COYIs
    avatar
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

    Posts : 1915
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Location : North West Kent

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Charlie Ham on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 4:50 pm

    Men against boys.
    Half time now.

    Arran H
    Reserves

    Posts : 1428
    Join date : 2011-07-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Isle of Wight

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Arran H on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 4:53 pm

    I have to disagree with you , I think we have been good they have just had two lucky chances , if Kouyate had scored Spurs would not off gone in with the lead at half time ,
    Need to take Carroll off and bring Zarate as Sakho and Carroll not play well together
    avatar
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

    Posts : 1915
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Location : North West Kent

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Charlie Ham on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 5:00 pm

    Arran H wrote:I have to disagree with you , I think we have been good they have just had two lucky chances , if Kouyate had scored Spurs would not off gone in with the lead at half time ,
    Need to take Carroll off and bring Zarate as Sakho and Carroll not play well together

    Kouyate was off side but was not given.
    If it carries on like this than Spurs will will 4-0. I hope not and I would bring on two replacement this half.
    Song for Noble and Zarate for Carroll.
    avatar
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

    Posts : 426
    Join date : 2011-08-17
    Location : Berkshire

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  RichB on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 5:16 pm

    We have not been good. We've not created a one decent chance in front of goal (other than one a mile offisde) and we're at sixes and seven at the back. Probably the worst I've seen of them this season.

    Arran H
    Reserves

    Posts : 1428
    Join date : 2011-07-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Isle of Wight

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Arran H on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 5:48 pm

    We must not start Carroll , I can see just why Rodgers sold him as he does not fit into a team that plays a footballing style ,should start Zarate or Antonio instead
    avatar
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

    Posts : 1915
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Location : North West Kent

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Charlie Ham on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 5:55 pm

    4-1 defeat.

    Back to them drawing board I think.

    Got to say Spurs look a top 4 side.
    avatar
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

    Posts : 1927
    Join date : 2012-08-15
    Age : 35
    Location : East Sussex

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  alfiehammer on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 6:48 pm

    That was awful. Too depressed to say much more. I owe two spuds 150 press ups now.
    avatar
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

    Posts : 975
    Join date : 2011-07-13
    Location : Oxfordshire

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  SemiOldIron on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 9:55 am

    I know its wrong to judge from watching ten minutes of MOTD highlights, but that looked like an awful display in pretty much all departments, including team tactics. And against the fuppin 'Spurts with that asshole Levy sat there smirking it was really painful. I have to pin my hopes on that being our the lowpoint of our season and the highpoint of theirs.
    Thank god I couldn't watch it all....

    Arran H
    Reserves

    Posts : 1428
    Join date : 2011-07-17
    Age : 27
    Location : Isle of Wight

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Arran H on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 5:05 pm

    24 hours on from that dreadful Nightmare of a result against those fupping and it still just as painful to take in even now , I really hope that Bilic drops Carroll from next week onwards and starts Zarate or Even Antonio as Carroll really is useless - he is a player that is suited to Super-sub role and not a starter in my honest opinion

    At least Bilic was honest and said sorry and understood what us the fans will have had to go through today working with Spurs fans etc , and I`m pretty sure with him n Dicks the team will NOT put a performance like that again

    West brom next week which I do believe we will bounce back and win
    avatar
    Kray JR
    Reserves

    Posts : 1819
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 41
    Location : Rayleigh, Essex

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Kray JR on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 8:45 pm

    Zarate has been awful the last two games I've seen him in, Antonio needs a chance IMO.
    avatar
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

    Posts : 1927
    Join date : 2012-08-15
    Age : 35
    Location : East Sussex

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  alfiehammer on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 10:12 pm

    Zarate does seem to blow hot and cold. The tide really does seem to be turning against Carroll. Hate to say it but really does seem best if he is sold (for the right price). Otherwise, as has been said, super sub. 


    Billic should (I'm sure he did) know the importance of the spuds game(s). I think the players probably just let him down. An off day? Two in a row. Time to turn the tide before it becomes a mini rut
    avatar
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 3564
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 57
    Location : Sidcup, Kent

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Tony P on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 10:30 pm

    Kray JR wrote:Zarate has been awful the last two games I've seen him in, Antonio needs a chance IMO.
    stupid
    avatar
    Kray JR
    Reserves

    Posts : 1819
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 41
    Location : Rayleigh, Essex

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Kray JR on Tue 24 Nov 2015, 1:09 pm

    alfiehammer wrote:Zarate does seem to blow hot and cold. The tide really does seem to be turning against Carroll. Hate to say it but really does seem best if he is sold (for the right price). Otherwise, as has been said, super sub. 


    Billic should (I'm sure he did) know the importance of the spuds game(s). I think the players probably just let him down. An off day? Two in a row. Time to turn the tide before it becomes a mini rut

    Seems quite a few are against Carroll. I don't think he can be blamed if we are sticking him in the starting line up but not playing to his strengths. Agree with you dude needs to be used as a super sub.
    avatar
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

    Posts : 975
    Join date : 2011-07-13
    Location : Oxfordshire

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  SemiOldIron on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 9:09 am

    Kray JR wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:Zarate does seem to blow hot and cold. The tide really does seem to be turning against Carroll. Hate to say it but really does seem best if he is sold (for the right price). Otherwise, as has been said, super sub. 


    Billic should (I'm sure he did) know the importance of the spuds game(s). I think the players probably just let him down. An off day? Two in a row. Time to turn the tide before it becomes a mini rut

    Seems quite a few are against Carroll. I don't think he can be blamed if we are sticking him in the starting line up but not playing to his strengths. Agree with you dude needs to be used as a super sub.

    Absolutely. The bloke had hauled himself back from injury to find a very different set up and style of play and you can't blame him for that. IMO he could be part of a very useful Plan B when Plan A clearly isn't working, but starting him isn't much use if no-one around him under stands how to make proper use of him. Maybe Bilic, like Rodgers at the Poo, just doesn't want this type of player and is trying to showcase him as match-fit for an offload in January. If so, it's not doing club or player any good at present.
    There are plenty of managers out there who know what to do with Carroll and would jump at the chance of signing him, whether or not he's a regular first team starter.
    avatar
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 3564
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Age : 57
    Location : Sidcup, Kent

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Tony P on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 8:00 pm

    SemiOldIron wrote:
    Kray JR wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:Zarate does seem to blow hot and cold. The tide really does seem to be turning against Carroll. Hate to say it but really does seem best if he is sold (for the right price). Otherwise, as has been said, super sub. 


    Billic should (I'm sure he did) know the importance of the spuds game(s). I think the players probably just let him down. An off day? Two in a row. Time to turn the tide before it becomes a mini rut

    Seems quite a few are against Carroll. I don't think he can be blamed if we are sticking him in the starting line up but not playing to his strengths. Agree with you dude needs to be used as a super sub.

    Absolutely. The bloke had hauled himself back from injury to find a very different set up and style of play and you can't blame him for that. IMO he could be part of a very useful Plan B when Plan A clearly isn't working, but starting him isn't much use if no-one around him under stands how to make proper use of him. Maybe Bilic, like Rodgers at the Poo, just doesn't want this type of player and is trying to showcase him as match-fit for an offload in January. If so, it's not doing club or player any good at present.
    There are plenty of managers out there who know what to do with Carroll and would jump at the chance of signing him, whether or not he's a regular first team starter.  
    Sunderland it is then!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Spuds vs mighty hammers

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 23 Jun 2018, 10:58 pm