West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
Kray JR
Admin
6 posters

West Ham United FC v CPalace

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v CPalace Empty West Ham United FC v CPalace

Post  Admin Sat 02 Apr 2016, 2:36 pm

West Ham United FC v CPalace WH%20v%20Palace_zpsysixnjad

Crystal Palace will assess the fitness of key trio Yohan Cabaye, Mile Jedinak and Emmanuel Adebayor ahead of their trip to West Ham.
    Without a league win since December 19, Palace have been dragged into a relegation battle, when previously it had seemed another top half finish was a near-certainty.
    The Eagles are seven points clear of the relegation zone, but with eight games to go, that could all change very quickly.

The Hammers represent as tough a challenge as any at the moment, having won three of their last four in the league.
    As result, Slaven Bilic's men have top four aspirations after a superb campaign, and with their star men firing on all cylinders, who would bet against the Olympic Stadium housing Champions League football next season?
    Team news
    West Ham boss Bilic will hope the recent international break has not taken its toll on his squad ahead.
    Enner Valencia, Cheikhou Kouyate and Victor Moses all racked up the air miles and returned to training on Friday - but there is good news for Bilic as James Tomkins is fit following a calf problem.
    The game comes too soon for fellow defenders Sam Byram - out since February with a muscular injury - and James Collins (hamstring), but both are progressing well.
    Palace midfield duo Cabaye and Jedinak and striker Adebayor all returned from international duty carrying knocks.
    Connor Wickham (adductor), James McArthur (ankle) and Marouane Chamakh (hip) are still recovering from injuries.
    Opta stats
    The last three Premier League meetings between West Ham and Crystal Palace have ended as 3-1 away wins.
    The two sides have met nine times in the Premier League with both winning four and drawing one.
    Crystal Palace sat 5th in the Premier League at the end of 2015. Since then they have dropped to 16th. They are the only side in the top four tiers yet to win in 2016.
    Cabaye has scored three goals in his last two Premier League appearances against West Ham.
    Since the start of last season, Dimitri Payet has created 221 chances, more than any other player in the top five European leagues in that time.
    The Eagles have won just one of their six Premier League London derbies this season (W1 L5).

Wilfried Zaha has won more fouls than any other player this season (77).
    The Hammers have conceded the highest proportion of top flight goals in the first half of matches this season (60%).
    West Ham have scored the most goals in the top flight in the last 15 minutes of matches (14).
    Crystal Palace have conceded the joint-most in this period (14 along with Newcastle).
    Merson's prediction
    West Ham are flying at the moment and Palace are on a slippery slope. I think the Hammers will win and move above Man City in the table.
    Palace are seven points above the bottom three but they are not out of trouble. They just can't win at the moment and if they lose this then they will be looking nervously over their shoulders.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v CPalace Empty Re: West Ham United FC v CPalace

Post  Admin Sat 02 Apr 2016, 3:54 pm

I wonder if people are begining to understand   scarf
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:07 pm

We didn't come out for the second half really.

Sloppy in possession, Kouyate got lucky with the back pass then another poor touch led to him being sent off, wrongly though.

To still bring on Valencia when we were down to ten was poor from Slaven. That was the time to leave Carroll up there on his own and bring some defensive legs on.

We still had Players flooding forward and losing possession when we should have been trying to hold on to our lead.

It was the Clattenberg show but we still have to try and be professional to see the game out and hold on to the 3 points.

Pissed off
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 02 Apr 2016, 8:11 pm

Disappointing as that`s now 4 points drop in two games because of shit refereeing , And Tbh we could off done with 3points today as next weekend is going to be tough even if it is at Upton Park against Arsenal

Don't know if it just me but because we are within touching distance of the top 4 all these last two games have pissed me off big time , I mean any other time drawing to Chelsea n Palace I`d be happy with but because I know we are that close to doing it and dropping two points today and the week before last it could have cost us our chance of getting top 4 but it wont because we messed up it will be because the refereeing has been fupping utter shit this year for us
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:06 am

Disappointed, felt like a defeat at the end of game.
    It's easy to blame the ref who was useless however felt our tactic were at fault.
    Wrong team selection.
    Adrian fault for first goal.
    When with 10 men Bilic brings on Valencia who has no work rate and takes off Sakho who works hard.
    I think we can forget about top four now.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:07 pm

Sorry to say but this game is very likely to be the one that cost us a top four place. Yes, Kouyate saw red but we were not great all game anyway

Poor starting 11. Antonio was an emergency right back, that's all. To start him there against the likes of Zaha and Bolasie when James Tomkins was fit was a mistake IMO. Putting Emineke on the right of our front three when he is clearly a striker was also a mistake. Then to compound it all bringing Valencia on ahead of Obiang, Tomkins and even Moses when we had lost our best defensive midfield player was baffling to say the least

Now I am all for not changing a winning team and all that but NOT when it means playing players out of position when you have the players on the bench not to have to do it in the first place

Pretty naive Slaven I am afraid
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Wed 06 Apr 2016, 7:58 pm

what are peeps thoughts on the unbelievable howler by Adrian on Saturday ? I had to watch it a number of times stunned trying to work out what the fupp he thought he was doing.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:50 am

Kray JR wrote:what are peeps thoughts on the unbelievable howler by Adrian on Saturday ? I had to watch it a number of times stunned trying to work out what the fupp he thought he was doing.

It was a massive misjudgement on the direction of the ball. He should have pushed it behind for a corner

The marking from the free kick that led to the goal - and the next 2 free kicks was awful in any case. Delaney was left unmarked for their first goal and every set piece after that. I have said it before, the communication when Ogbonna and Reid are the centre backs is the worst out of our possible pairings in that position. Neither are vocal enough. Having said that, Antonio was the one who must have known that he was marking Joe Ledley and that Delaney was unmarked. He too should have said something

The performance on the whole was sloppy and both Palace goals were examples of it as well as Kouyate's "blind" backpass
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 07 Apr 2016, 4:56 pm

Errors all over the place from Slav to half the 11 on the field, we walked away with a point, another season that was a nailed on loss, we are still up there Bear
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:59 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Kray JR wrote:what are peeps thoughts on the unbelievable howler by Adrian on Saturday ? I had to watch it a number of times stunned trying to work out what the fupp he thought he was doing.

It was a massive misjudgement on the direction of the ball. He should have pushed it behind for a corner

The marking from the free kick that led to the goal - and the next 2 free kicks was awful in any case. Delaney was left unmarked for their first goal and every set piece after that. I have said it before, the communication when Ogbonna and Reid are the centre backs is the worst out of our possible pairings in that position. Neither are vocal enough. Having said that, Antonio was the one who must have known that he was marking Joe Ledley and that Delaney was unmarked. He too should have said something

The performance on the whole was sloppy and both Palace goals were examples of it as well as Kouyate's "blind" 

I thought it was close enough to the line for Adrain to let go, I'm hoping he wasn't trying to be cocky and fucked it up.

I don't like Reid and Ogbonna together either dude, need Ginge back in there.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:13 am

Kray JR wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

The performance on the whole was sloppy and both Palace goals were examples of it as well as Kouyate's "blind" 

I thought it was close enough to the line for Adrain to let go, I'm hoping he wasn't trying to be cocky and fucked it up.

I don't like Reid and Ogbonna together either dude, need Ginge back in there.
    This article and the stats within it seem to back up our theory that the Reid/Ogbonna partnership is our least effective one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 08 Apr 2016, 6:41 pm

Need Ginge back and Antonio midfield , end of
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 08 Apr 2016, 9:59 pm