West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Crystal Palace vs WHUFC -- February 9th, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Crystal Palace vs WHUFC -- February 9th, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace vs WHUFC -- February 9th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 09 Feb 2019, 4:52 pm

less than a minute left to put this nightmare to bed...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Crystal Palace vs WHUFC -- February 9th, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace vs WHUFC -- February 9th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 09 Feb 2019, 4:54 pm

and the whistle goes...

we were totally embarrassed in that second half...

very lucky to escape with a draw... thanks only to Palace's terrible marksmanship

I dunno what they put in the tea at half time... but we were a completely different team

maybe it's a good thing we didn't lose... but it's not like there's really any positives out of a performance like this one...
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Mon 11 Feb 2019, 7:15 pm

Draw was a fair result personally. 1st half we were all over Palace and they were lucky it was only 1-0 to us but 2nd half it was vice versa so think a point each was fair.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 12 Feb 2019, 1:41 am

Arran wrote:Draw was a fair result personally. 1st half we were all over Palace and they were lucky it was only 1-0 to us but 2nd half it was vice versa so think a point each was fair.

I understand your point, but I disagree.

A 'fair' result is one where both teams tried as hard, competed as well and so split the effort, reward...

what we did on saturday as we've done several times previously is have the upper hand in a game and then piss away the advantage and edge.
    Palace didn't 'come back' in the 2nd half or 'up their game' - we just stopped competing, stopped trying... Palace were as determined and a profligate in front of goal in the 2nd half as in the 1st... they hardly changed gear or effort or result.

West Ham player well in one half and totally capitulated in the other.

Palace had 25 shots on goal in the game - we had 6

We only had 4 touches of the ball in the Palace penalty area in the 2nd half.

So I disagree that the result was 'fair' - we pissed away three points, gave up a game we had pretty much in our pocket.
    It's not the first time we've done it and probably won't be the last...

So I'm sure if you just divide the game up and say hey, West Ham scored in one half and Palace scored in the other the game must have been close and each side deserved what they got - but that wasn't what I saw.

I saw West Ham put ourselves in a winning position and then piss away the game... the only good thing about what happened is that Palace are so shit in front of goal that we only limped away with a draw and not a defeat.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 12 Feb 2019, 7:56 am

I felt we were lucky to get away with a draw.

Something is very wrong with some of our players to make them change so much in the second half.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 15 Feb 2019, 2:04 pm

I agree Charlie.....Old legs maybe or a "we've done enough attitude"

We have not played a full 90 minutes since beating Arsenal earlier this season.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:26 pm