West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

London Underground

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

London Underground Empty London Underground

Post  Geezer Sat 05 Mar 2011, 9:09 am

Nicked from KUMB

West Ham fans are up in arms after it was revealed that Upton Park tube station will be open for just ONE of the club's remaining home fixtures this season.

Transport for London (TfL) - who have been slammed on a number of occasions in the past for failing to provide a service to supporters wishing to travel to Upton Park - are planning outages on no less than four of the five remaining home game match days this season.

News of the disruption to service has led to accusations that West Ham are simply not doing enough to ensure supporters are able to get to the Boleyn Ground.

Meanwhile others have suggested the ongoing delays and cancellations are of a rather more sinister nature, being deliberately timed to turn fans in favour of moving to the Olympic Stadium.

TfL's planned disruptions

5th March (today): Stoke City

District Line: No service between Bromley-by-Bow and Upminster. Between 1pm and 7pm, no service between Bromley-by-Bow and Upney eastbound and Bromley-by-Bow and Barking westbound. Replacement buses operate.

Hammersmith & City Line: No service between Liverpool Street and Barking.

2nd April: Man Utd

Both District and Hammersmith & City lines open.

16th April: Aston Villa

District Line: No service between Bromley-by-Bow and East Ham.

Hammersmith & City Line: No service between Liverpool Street and Barking.

7th May: Blackburn

District Line: No service between Embankment and East Ham.

Hammersmith & City Line: No service between Kings Cross St.Pancras and Barking.

22nd May: Sunderland

District Line: No service between Barking and Tower Hill.

Hammersmith & City Line: No service between Kings Cross St.Pancras and Barking.

Now that is taking the piss
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

London Underground Empty Re: London Underground

Post  mottinghammer Sat 05 Mar 2011, 2:08 pm

Nah, you are just finding out what us in the sticks have to put up with all the time! Nearest railway station to me is 17 miles away, one train an hour to London, costs a largish fiortune to get on it and the sausge rolls are still poo.

Think the Kumb article may be right, plot to make us all think the Olympic stadium will be so much better all round. Is there gonna be lots of car parking at the Olympic stadium? Haint used the tube for years to get to UP, even when I did live in London, cos it was always crap.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 05 Mar 2011, 2:52 pm

I think they will have the parking well sorted at the new gaff Motty and with train links to europe it will be so much easier from peeps abroad to do a day trip to see the mighty Hammers Smile
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Sat 05 Mar 2011, 9:55 pm

mottinghammer wrote:Nah, you are just finding out what us in the sticks have to put up with all the time! Nearest railway station to me is 17 miles away, one train an hour to London, costs a largish fiortune to get on it and the sausge rolls are still poo.

Think the Kumb article may be right, plot to make us all think the Olympic stadium will be so much better all round. Is there gonna be lots of car parking at the Olympic stadium? Haint used the tube for years to get to UP, even when I did live in London, cos it was always crap.

Norwich to London is only £8 Motty surely Peterborough to London can't be that much more? I always get the bus from Stratford because I'm too lazy to walk lol!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 05 Mar 2011, 10:54 pm

I usually drive down, cos I am a selfish git and like me own music! Its £29 return from Lynn, I suppose its more cos of all the weirdos they have in Lynn Long Leg

When we move into the new place, I'll get me season ticket back and park at th gorund, I take they are moving all the decent chippies and restaurants from east Ham to Stratford?
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sun 06 Mar 2011, 12:00 pm

Hope they will have a descent Pie & Mash in the area and a new Supps Club , see if we can get the Piano moved there as well Very Happy
    Mattbloke
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  Mattbloke Thu 10 Mar 2011, 8:28 am

Geezer wrote:I think they will have the parking well sorted at the new gaff Motty and with train links to europe it will be so much easier from peeps abroad to do a day trip to see the mighty Hammers Smile

I thought one of the original selling points of the Olympic bid was it's 'green' credentials, which included train and bus provision from just about anywhere, but no parking nearby?
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Thu 10 Mar 2011, 9:40 am

You could be right there Matt , makes sense with good train service why clutter up the place with cars , looks like it's a train after all Motty
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 10 Mar 2011, 1:37 pm

Wey hey....travel to the match by train, mean Abbi no drive so we can get him pissed...........mind you, He'll know a place to park, albeit with a 20 mile walk attached What a Face

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 1:12 am