West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Kray JR
Tony P
Campo
Charlie Ham
mottinghammer
Nicki
IronDane
Jiggs
12 posters

A free transfer for John Carew?

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

A free transfer for John Carew? - Page 2 Empty Re: A free transfer for John Carew?

Post  Campo Sat 06 Aug 2011, 10:45 am

SSN: Carew is having a medical this morning
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

A free transfer for John Carew? - Page 2 Empty Re: A free transfer for John Carew?

Post  mottinghammer Sat 06 Aug 2011, 12:38 pm

so we could have a veritable forest of trees against caaardiff tomorrow! cheesey grin
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 06 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

Aye....Lemon trees cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

A free transfer for John Carew? - Page 2 Empty John Carew signs

Post  Tony P Sat 06 Aug 2011, 9:25 pm

Carew signs
    Norway striker John Carew has become the fifth new face at West Ham United this summer

West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of Norway striker John Carew.

The Hammers' fifth summer recruit with a proven Premier League track record, Carew passed a medical on Saturday morning before putting pen to paper at the Boleyn Ground in the afternoon. He has been handed the No11 shirt.

The imposing 6'5-tall forward will bring vast experience to the forward line, having earned league winners' medals in three different countries. With Norway going well in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, he continues to be a leading international and has scored 23 goals in 88 games for his country.

Speaking exclusively to whufc.com, he said: "I am so pleased to be here. I am very happy to sign for such a big club. I am looking forward to being part of a good team here that will bring this great club back up to the Premier League again."

Carew first met Sam Allardyce on Thursday to agree his switch to east London. He had been coveted by several clubs across Europe since leaving Aston Villa at the end of last season but was eager to sign up for the club's Championship challenge.

"The manager was very good," Carew added. "I know about him from other players, former team-mates I know who have played under him. They all had fantastic words to say about him. He spoke well to me and I think he is a great manager and I am very happy to be playing for him and for the club."

At the start of a hugely successful career, Carew's first major honour was the Norwegian title with Rosenborg BK in 1999 before notable displays in European competition saw him attract the attention of Europe's elite clubs.

Valencia paid £7.5m for his services in 2000 and Carew went on to help them to the 2001 UEFA Champions League final and a Spanish title in 2001/02. From there, he headed to France and he ultimately won a Ligue 1 championship with Olympique Lyonnais in 2005/06

Carew, 31, has been in England since January 2007, racking up 133 appearances for Aston Villa and scoring 54 goals overall. He spent the second half of last season on loan at Stoke City, playing 13 times for the Potters.

The striker will not be eligible to play against Cardiff City on Sunday, having not been registered in time with the Football League. Allardyce could field his other four new recruits, with Joey O'Brien, Abdoulaye Faye, Kevin Nolan and Matthew Taylor all forming part of his matchday squad. For the latest ticket information, click here.

Carew is the first Norwegian to sign for the club since defender Ragnvald Soma, who played seven league games between 2001 and 2002.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 06 Aug 2011, 11:29 pm

hmm not so sure aboutthis one, but as someone else said earlier, in BFS we trust (for the time being!) cheesey grin
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:42 am

Disappointed ....... A panic buy? scratch
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:34 am

Jiggs wrote:Disappointed ....... A panic buy? scratch

A free transfer! Not a panic buy IMO. There is still a good chance that Cole and/or Piquionne could go before the transfer window closes. I see this as more of an insurance policy. Carew has a good pedigree. Not a prolific goalscorer but has a good touch and holds the ball up well. I think this type of player is a feature of BFS's way of playing (a la Kevin Davies). It doesn't necessarily mean that we will play the long ball exclusively, but it does mean that if we need to get it from front to back quickly, it is more likely to stick. Something unlikely to happen when the ball goes up to The Tree
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:16 am

looks like sam will be playing tree up front then cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:26 am

ThreeWheeling wrote:looks like sam will be playing tree up front then cheesey grin

rofl smiley
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

A free transfer for John Carew? - Page 2 Empty carew signs

Post  Geezer Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:53 am

A free transfer for John Carew? - Page 2 808317
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:32 pm

Jiggs wrote:Sorry...had to merge these topics.....

Carew does not deserve two imo Laughing

Theres still another Carew fred , sort it out Jiggs , tsk A free transfer for John Carew? - Page 2 603151
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:45 pm

Ah yes...that was posted by P after he minged on about the other one....hehe

I'm on it Boss finger
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 08 Aug 2011, 8:54 am

Bout time to, if this were a Spuds board we would be rioting about this lack of effort by the capitalist/communist lackies who are destroying our once free board. Oh, and I'd like a 52" HD ready flat screen TV and some nice size 10 trainers please if anyone is out free shopping in Tottenham today cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 08 Aug 2011, 8:57 am

Jiggs wrote:Ah yes...that was posted by P after he minged on about the other one....hehe

I'm on it Boss finger

It needed a new thread as he had signed. It would have got lost in the other speculative one :P

mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 08 Aug 2011, 6:51 pm

spammer cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 08 Aug 2011, 7:41 pm

mottinghammer wrote:spammer cheesey grin

Very Happy
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 08 Aug 2011, 8:26 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Ah yes...that was posted by P after he minged on about the other one....hehe

I'm on it Boss finger

It needed a new thread as he had signed. It would have got lost in the other speculative one :P

Sorry ..... Guv'ners wishes..... more than my job's worth innit gay fight
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 08 Aug 2011, 8:41 pm

It doesn't bother me darlin' !!
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:11 am

Now your just crawling Tone, stand up for a spammers rights! :P
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:13 am

awww sorry Jiggs!
    Andy-M
    Andy-M
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Andy-M Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:49 pm

I sense with Sam signing a BIG 6'5 lump like Carew we gonna be playing 1 up top with us lumping the ball long up to him, which I dont mind if we start scoring and winning but with Cole, Piq and Nouble that makes it 4 BIG lumps ! why dont we just stand them in a line in front of Green as our defence could do with some help after that poor show against Cardif.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 9:35 pm