West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Squirts v West Ham United FC

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Squirts v West Ham United FC Empty Squirts v West Ham United FC

Post  Geezer Fri 18 Mar 2011, 4:56 pm

Tottenham v West Ham
    Live text and stats

Content will update automatically

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Barclays Premier League
    Tottenham v West Ham 12:45

Barclays Premier League
    Venue: White Hart Lane Date: Saturday, 19 March Kick-off: 1245 GMT
    Coverage: Watch live on Sky Sports 2 and highlights on Match of the Day; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham defender William Gallas is a doubt after pulling up in training on Tuesday, although a scan revealed he has not damaged his hamstring.

Winger Gareth Bale is fit despite a midweek injury scare and may start his first game for two months.

West Ham strikers Demba Ba and Frederic Piquionne are both rated doubtful.

Robbie Keane is fit but is ineligible to face his parent club, while Gary O'Neil returns to the squad after being cup-tied for the FA Cup exit at Stoke.

Tottenham

Doubtful: Gallas (hamstring)

Injured: Huddlestone (ankle), Kaboul & Palacios (both knee), Woodgate (groin)

West Ham

Doubtful: Ba (unspecified), Piquionne (foot)

Injured/unavailable: Collison & Kurucz (both knee), Keane (ineligible), Stanislas (hernia)

MATCH PREVIEW

Having recently beaten off competition from Tottenham to take over the Olympic Stadium in Stratford, West Ham look to rub salt in Spurs' wounds by claiming a first win at White Hart Lane since 1999, when Harry Redknapp was Hammers manager.

Now we can just concentrate on the league and just get our nut down to try and get as far up the table as possible

West Ham striker Carlton Cole

The east Londoners did the league double over Tottenham that season, but have lost on seven of their subsequent 10 trips to the Lane in all competitions and have not scored on Spurs' soil since 2005.

However, current Hammers boss Avram Grant has fond memories of facing Tottenham, having masterminded Portsmouth's shock win against them in an FA Cup semi-final last season. Grant's first league victory at West Ham also came against Tottenham, with Frederic Piquionne's header proving decisive when the sides met on 25 September.

This will be Spurs' first Premier League game at White Hart Lane for six weeks. While they produced two superb defensive displays to shut out nine-time European champions AC Milan, Harry Redknapp's side have looked less assured on domestic duty; they conceded six goals in the two league matches sandwiched between the Milan games.

The Spurs defence could be in for another uncomfortable afternoon against a West Ham side that has scored 15 times in their last five league and cup matches.
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• West Ham beat Tottenham 1-0 in September, ending a run of five successive Spurs wins in this fixture.

• The Hammers' last victory at White Hart Lane was a 2-1 win on 24 April 1999. Harry Redknapp was the West Ham manager that day, while the visitors' team sheet included Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard and Ian Wright.

Tottenham

• Spurs have dropped points in five of nine Premier League games which followed Champions League duty. Three of their six league losses this term came off the back of European action, including their only home defeat (against Wigan in August).

• That slip-up against Wigan is their only loss in the last 24 top-flight matches at White Hart Lane. They have won five of their last seven home league games, drawing the other two (against Chelsea and Manchester United).

• Jermain Defoe's brace against Wolves ended his 11-month wait for a top-flight goal. His next strike will be his 100th in the Premier League.

• Harry Redknapp's side have gained an unrivalled 21 Premier League points from losing positions this season.

West Ham

• Demba Ba has scored four goals in three league starts for the Hammers.

• The Hammers have taken 11 points from the last possible 18, as have Tottenham. Only three clubs have better recent records; Arsenal (14), Liverpool and Chelsea (both 13).

• West Ham players have been caught offside 96 times this term, the highest figure in the top flight.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Rafael van der Vaart

Tottenham

Van der Vaart: 12 goals (10 league);
    Bale & Pavlyuchenko: 11 goals (7 league)

Carlton Cole

West Ham

Cole: 11 goals (5 league); Piquionne: 9 goals (6 league);
    Obinna: 8 goals (3 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS

Referee: Mike Dean

Assistant referees: Stephen Child & Darren Bond

Fourth official: Phil Crossley

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS

Tottenham (D3-3 v Wolves, a): Gomes; Hutton, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Pienaar (Bale 69), Jenas, Sandro, Modric (Kranjcar 84), Defoe, Pavlyuchenko (Lennon 74). Subs not used: Cudicini, Palacios, Crouch, Bassong.

West Ham (W3-0 v Stoke, h): Green; Tomkins, Upson, da Costa, Bridge, Noble, Parker (Gabbidon 90), Hitzlsperger, Piquionne, Cole (Obinna 86), Ba (O'Neil 82). Subs not used: Boffin, Spector, Hines, Jacobsen.

Come on WH we really need to teach Road Kill Face a lesson WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Squirts v West Ham United FC Empty Re: Squirts v West Ham United FC

Post  Johnny K Sat 19 Mar 2011, 8:52 am

Bit disappointed Demba Ba is injured. Hopefully it's just a ruse - we could have used him today as Keane isn't allowed to play - I thought that was why he missed the cup match.

Great day of action ahead though. WHU at spurts, England going for the grand slam (if I can find an online stream) regularly interspersed with NATO jets strafing Gadaffi's forces. Seatbelt on!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 11:48 am

Come on West Ham. . . . . We need this today, for the points, for the pleasure, for some sanity and just because it's them.

~~C~~O~~Y~~I~~
    Lee E15
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Lee E15 Sat 19 Mar 2011, 12:09 pm

I think the Ba thing is a ruse. Pic maybe. But wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench. If true about Ba then I just hope Obina has one of his good days. Or we're back to searching for goals. I can't see Carlton getting much of a look in.

I feel a little sick already LOL.

COYI
    Lee E15
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Lee E15 Sat 19 Mar 2011, 12:34 pm

Hey. A ruse it is!!!!!!! Squirts v West Ham United FC 228732
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 19 Mar 2011, 12:42 pm

T*ttenham Hotspur: Gomes, Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Sandro, Bale, Modric, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Defoe

West Ham United: Green, Jacobsen, Da Costa, Upson, Bridge, Noble, Parker, Hitzlsperger, O'Neil, Ba, Cole

Glad we got Ba and Jacobsens back . COYI WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 19 Mar 2011, 1:41 pm

Well 0-0 and after riding the yid storm and defendeding ok we have a better opertunity of getting something out of this , def think we should have been one up , Cole had plenty of time he should of gone round gormez and tapped it in . judas misses an open goal , wanker . Need to push forward more with Super Scott running at their defence . Would love to get a win here just to get the 6 points out of theses yid fuckers and after nicking the new gaff off of them , that will really piss twitchy right off . COYI WH Flag
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 19 Mar 2011, 1:44 pm

It's been a bit backs against the wall & there's been a few hairy moments but we're still holding on. I don't like defending on the edge of our area but they aren't giving us much choice. Wish Ba had been on the end of the 2 chances CC had. I think he would have buried them, they should try to swap roles a bit. Spurs have picked up a few tricks from their CL campaign because they certainly like to piss & whine. Complaining about every physical challenge.

Really don't want to see Defoe lift his shirt & present whatever arrogant message he's got there. Why did Bale go off?

We should be trying to pressure their right back. He really doesn't look like a full back to me & is misplacing passes all the time at the moment.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 2:00 pm

Wot you two have said.......Mini Judas must not be allowed to score....perlease.....

Just keep defending hammers.....break when you can, and play Ba in - not Cole Rolling Eyes
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 2:24 pm

Johnny K wrote: Why did Bale go off?

He had something hanging from his shorts that clashed with the refs colours :shock:
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 2:26 pm

Obinna on for Cole .......... good move
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 2:28 pm

Bale....you finguck shit
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 19 Mar 2011, 2:46 pm

Well happy with that result , 4 pints from the yid wankers , mini judas fucked up time after time with open goals , Green man of the match without a doubt . Well done Cockney Boys , proud of you . Still think we could of had all three but we are up to 15 and with some luck going with us tthis weekend we might just stay there but I doubt it somehow . WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 19 Mar 2011, 2:58 pm

Hopefully that's a point won but I guess it depends on how the other games go. We battled well but I was pretty nervous at times, particularly on the edge of our area. I think we failed to tidy up the loose balls or even those we'd won or blocked. No-one seems to want to take responsiblity. I like Jacobsson but someone has to tell him he can't allow a ball to bounce in the area in the English game - take it on first time!

After mostly being under pressure I thought we might nick it at the close & don't understand why O'Neill didn't put that last attack into the danger areas. It seemed like he was playing out time. Midfield was a bit over run today & that was the least effective I've seen Hitz be so far. I think he plays his football in games when we are in the ascendancy.

I think Modric is possibly the most whingey player there is out there. He quite clearly believes no-one is allowed to tackle him.

And finally - superb effort from Rob Green. Almost up there with his display at the Emirates when we last manage to beat relegation. An omen maybe? For me there isn't a better English goalie out there.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:02 pm

Gonna watch the Villa v Wolves game now and we all want Villa to win dont we . I agree with the letting the ball bounce JK that is a def no no and also why ONiel did,nt cross that ball was a bit silly IMO , as you say we just might have nicked it , still we will never know now . Still well happy , I might just celebrate tonite with a beer or two cheesey grin
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

Overall Geezer I thought we played well - I'm just being picky! We've got wba-Arse. Bloody Arsenal losing already!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:42 pm

Any excuse for a glass of beer...but this is a goodun....and I'm gonna have a curry and vodka night with Max ....... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:52 pm

Curry and Vodka , what a combination , enjoy darlin . Need le arse to get their finger out pronto , lets hope Manpoo play as shit next week as they are playing today .
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 4:17 pm

Cheers dude.....Home cooked curry, so no worries Geeze Very Happy

Elsewhere, it's not going for us at all in any of the games Rolling Eyes

Fooking Villa and Arsenal...get your arses in gear ffs...

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 4:21 pm

Fucksake......L'Arse two down now ..... bunch of wankers :shock:
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 19 Mar 2011, 4:57 pm

finguck incredible down the bottom. Three points difference from bottom place up to 13th!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 5:21 pm

Our goal difference looking much heathier........we're around about the same as every one else now cheesey grin
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 19 Mar 2011, 5:26 pm

This is gonna be down to the last game , dont think my ticker can take much more , next week should be interesting , manpoo seem to be having problems scoring at the mo , long may it continue WH Flag
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:41 am

Good unexpected point. Best thing about today? The little shit wore a tee shirt under his team shirt saying 100 goals and never got one! finger Wonder why he never swapped shirts at the end?? gay fight
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 20 Mar 2011, 3:43 pm

Icing on the cake for me .... obnoxious little runt finger

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:37 am