West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Suzanne Claret
Kray JR
Jiggs
Admin
8 posters

Two yellows coming up

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Two yellows coming up Empty Two yellows coming up

Post  Admin Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:54 pm

Nicked from TGGC

Christmas approaches and Captain Kev and Julian Faux Pas are just one yellow card each away from a suspension. It would be a disaster for either to incur a suspension with so many players ruled out by injury, but on a personal level, it would surely suit them down to the ground. Playing on Boxing Day is, after all, a terrible, terrible chore!

So, expect a slightly late tackle from Faubert to secure him a day off after Christmas, whilst Nolan will probably just talk himself into the book, fulfilling his Captain's duties to the letter. Let's face it, he won't want a football match to get in the way of his festive turkey celebrations!

Poor Lansbury has got a lot to learn. No seasoned pro would return from injury the week before Christmas! So don't expect Matty Taylor back any time soon either!

"Julian Faux Pas " kin tikled me cheesey grin
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Two yellows coming up Empty Re: Two yellows coming up

Post  Jiggs Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:44 pm

hehehe

Poor Poobear WH Flag
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:40 pm

Could be a blessing in disguise losing those two for a match.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Sun 18 Dec 2011, 6:32 pm

It would be interesting to see how we did without Nolan, he does a huge amount of 'marshalling the troops'
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:41 pm

Julien has been great! Overall he has been one of our best players and that is what counts imo. Yes he is French and has a certain arrogant touch to him like Piquionne, but unlike Piq, he gives a damn and is able, can control the ball, has speed and puts in crosses and passes now and then that are really good. If only we had some real strikers who could take advantage of that.. It would be a big loss if we didn't have him or if he was to lose confidence if the crowd got on his back again..

Same goes for Nolan. I don't want to see how we do without him because then the whole team will fall apart. He does more than just the apparent.. At least, that's what I hear Wink Something certainly happened after captain fantastic sodded off..
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:38 pm

When was the last time Faubert put a decent cross into our opponent's box? I must have missed that one. He runs around a lot which may fool some people. It doesn't fool me. He was hopeless at Reading both as a right winger and even more so at right back after O'Brien went off. He was half decent on Saturday, particularly as he was getting no help from that other useless French twonk Pick-yer-own

If he leaves in the summer I will not shed a tear that is for sure. C'est vrai
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 19 Dec 2011, 9:57 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:It would be interesting to see how we did without Nolan, he does a huge amount of 'marshalling the troops'

I do wonder if we might do better in midfield without Nolan?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:39 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:
    Suzanne Claret wrote:It would be interesting to see how we did without Nolan, he does a huge amount of 'marshalling the troops'

He worked really hard on Saturday Charlie. Did a lot of closing down and chasing. What I particularly liked was his continual encouragement and cajoling of young Dan Potts.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:40 am

Tony P wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:

He worked really hard on Saturday Charlie. Did a lot of closing down and chasing. What I particularly liked was his continual encouragement and cajoling of young Dan Potts.
    Nolan might not be at his best as a footballer now but he does do the captain thing well it seems.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Tue 20 Dec 2011, 6:36 am

Unlike a certain previous Captain and England international, at the time,
    who appeared to give young James Tomkins no help at all
    when he was going through a bad patch.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:36 am

Tony P wrote:When was the last time Faubert put a decent cross into our opponent's box? I must have missed that one. He runs around a lot which may fool some people. It doesn't fool me. He was hopeless at Reading both as a right winger and even more so at right back after O'Brien went off. He was half decent on Saturday, particularly as he was getting no help from that other useless French twonk Pick-yer-own

If he leaves in the summer I will not shed a tear that is for sure. C'est vrai

^^this^^ every day of the week and twice on Sunday....
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:44 am

On Saturday it was very apparent just how much talking Nolan does and this seems to have rubbed off on Rob Green. Every time we had to defend Nolan was ordering people about, telling them where to stand or who to mark and praising those who were doing a good job. Green has been doing this more and more this season as well, verbal marshalling of the defence in front of him. As Tony said Nolan was very ‘protective’ of young Potts who had a great game imo, if he turns out to be half the player his dad was I shall be well pleased. According to West Ham TV Potts only got the all clear from having treatment for leukaemia 18 months ago and only signed his professional contract on December 16th.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 20 Dec 2011, 6:10 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:

I do agree with you Tony, one of his better games; however we do seem to be out number in midfield when we play 4 against 4 with Nolan being there. We then need to go 5 against 4 if we are to make any impact, meaning we take one from the forward line. I know he seems to do a good job with the captain’s role but I wonder what and how we would play without him. Without him we might be able to go back to 4 against 4 and then play 2 up front all the time. Just think we are making room for him in the team because he's the captain. I feel he needs to earn his place. At the moment he the first on the team sheet and I feel this is unfair to other in the squad.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 20 Dec 2011, 6:40 pm

Make you right CH , aint he close to a one match ban Laughing
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:00 am

Charlie Ham wrote:
    Tony P wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:

I do agree with you Tony, one of his better games; however we do seem to be out number in midfield when we play 4 against 4 with Nolan being there. We then need to go 5 against 4 if we are to make any impact, meaning we take one from the forward line. I know he seems to do a good job with the captain’s role but I wonder what and how we would play without him. Without him we might be able to go back to 4 against 4 and then play 2 up front all the time. Just think we are making room for him in the team because he's the captain. I feel he needs to earn his place. At the moment he the first on the team sheet and I feel this is unfair to other in the squad.

I don't think we will ever see how we will play without Nolan until it is forced upon us by injury or suspension. The main one to suffer by having Nolan in the side is Baldock. We cannot play a flat four in midfield with Nolan and Noble together centrally as they cannot jump, tackle or run very fast. Therefore Baldock gets asked to play wide which is not getting the best out of him. In a true 4-4-2 without Nolan we could have Lansbury or even Diop in the centre allowing Baldock to play as a striker - which is what he is !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 3:12 pm