West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Admin
Tony P
Suzanne Claret
Jiggs
8 posters

Peterborough V West Ham

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Peterborough  V  West Ham Empty Peterborough V West Ham

Post  Jiggs Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:03 pm

Peterborough  V  West Ham Peterborough_united_2011-2012 Peterborough United V West Ham United Peterborough  V  West Ham West_ham_united_2011-2012

Npower Championship

Venue: London Road
    Date: Saturday 11 February
    Kick-off: 1500 GMT
    Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio text commentary on the BBC Sport website
    Online : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

TEAM NEWS

Fulham loanee Matthew Briggs is expected to make his debut for Peterborough at left-back, with Tommy Rowe set to return to midfield.

Striker Paul Taylor has been ill this week and is a doubt.

West Ham will be without captain Kevin Nolan after he was sent-off in last week's derby win against Millwall.

Left-back George McCartney is expected to recover from a hamstring problem, but Papa Bouba Diop (hamstring) and Guy Demel (thigh) are both out.

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• West Ham hold a 100% record against Peterborough, having won all three of their previous meetings.

• The Hammers did the double in the 1992/93 second tier campaign, and won the reverse fixture in 1-0 in September.

Peterborough United

• In four months Peterborough have dropped from ninth to 18th with just two wins in 13 games, and one point out of the last 12.

• The second highest home scorers in the division, are one of three clubs still looking for their first Championship win of 2012.

• Posh can only draw on the smallest gates in the division.

West Ham United

• The leaders are chasing a fifth win in six league outings, and an unrivalled 18th Championship maximum.

• The Hammers have a four-point advantage at the summit, gaining 12 of their victories against bottom-half clubs, and an unrivalled 27 of the 56 points on the road.

• Sam Allardyce also has the advantage of the biggest gates in the Championship.

Peterborough  V  West Ham I289396064_60602Come~~~~ on~~~~ you~~~~ Irons!!!Peterborough  V  West Ham I289396064_60602

Last edited by Jiggs on Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:21 am; edited 3 times in total
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Peterborough  V  West Ham Empty Re: Peterborough V West Ham

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 09 Feb 2012, 8:45 am

Huge family trip to this game, there's about 20 of us going, they better not call this off.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:35 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:Huge family trip to this game, there's about 20 of us going, they better not call this off.

Well I doubt that they have under soil heating at London Road, Su. Let's face it, it is not even an all-seater stadium yet !
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 09 Feb 2012, 4:27 pm

As I have been doing lately , I popped over to the Posh Chat site to get some feed back on the game Saturday and this is what I got .

bristleposh
    I think we'll stay up, I think we'll come second to you on the day, to a hotly desputed penalty that should never have been given and our Chairman will get another fine. When you decide that you've had enough of Jack Collison, can we have him back where he belongs, another thing that Barry Fry can't be forgiven for,

BAPosh
    We are currently a little out of form but that's nothing new.

Leon Rigby-Robson
    We're good enough to stay up but as you say it's a funny old league.

Hoping for an entertaining game and a good atmosphere.

Lets hope Nolan doesn't do his Chicken impression - the farmers in the crowd might have their shotguns!

westmead_lord
    West Ham will finish runners up to Birmingham

Teessider
    I'd like to see Posh win of course.. Remember 1988-89 when Middlesbrough played West Ham at the Boleyn ground and the hammers fans smashed the coaches up..

bristleposh
    At least when we play you we won't have Kevin "Tom Daley" Nolan trying every time he gets touched anywhere in our half trying to get a penalty.

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Peterborough  V  West Ham Empty Peterborough game in doubt

Post  Tony P Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From KUMB....

A team of volunteers have been helping Peterborough United clear their London Road ground of snow - although it still may not be enough to save tomorrow's fixture.

Hundreds of supporters - including Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony and the club's youth team - have pitched in to help clear several inches of snow that has fallen in the town during the past few days.

However tomorrow's match against West Ham - from which a win could see Sam Allardyce's side go SEVEN points clear at the top - is still in the balance due to fresh overnight snowfalls in Cambridgeshire and the freezing conditions.

With no undersoil heating in place at the stadium, groundsmen have covered the playing surface in an attempt to ensure it remains playable.

However it remains touch and go to see whether the game can go ahead due to the extremely low temperatures that could make the pitch dangerous to play on.

Supporters set to travel to Peterborough tomorrow morning are advised to check the latest weather reports before leaving. Should the fixture be cancelled, KUMB.com will let you know as soon as an announcement is made.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:15 am

Fuckingbrilliant , it's scheduled to be on the box over here as well , I bet Suz won't be too happy either
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:12 pm

I'm about 40 miles from Peterborough and we had about 4-5" yesterday afternoon and evening, froze overnight and even now with a bright sunny day its not got rid of any of it. Could be touch and go for tomorrow :pale:
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 10 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

Peterborough United are to hold a pitch inspection tomorrow morning to see if their game against West Ham can go ahead.

Referee Chris Sarginson is due to inspect the London Road surface at 10am after heavy snowfall last night – and with further sub-zero temperatures expected tonight.

Posh are appealing for at least 300 volunteers to turn up from 7am tomorrow to help clear snow from the pitch and transport it to a designated area outside the stadium to allow the covers to be removed ahead of the inspection.

“At the moment, the pitch beneath the covers is playable,” Posh chief executive Bob Symns told the club website.

“Obviously we are all now waiting for the results of the overnight temperatures. We are doing everything we can to ensure this game will take place, but we really need your assistance to remove the snow first thing on Saturday morning.

Edit .

The game will be on, Peterbrough have said that the ground staff expect it to be playable it tonights weather is favourable. No reason to lie.

No offence to Peterbrough, but this is a big deal financially for a club that size, they will go the extra mile to ensure there is not postponed. No only do they have a sold out away end, but will have a sold out home and corporate section, that would have been sold at a premium.

Most importantly, for a team its far better to play the games and try get the points of the board rather than having a game in hand over rivals, so for that reason I hope it goes ahead and that we go 7 clear by 5pm Saturday.

Forecast for Peterborough is -4 tonight, 1 degree tomorrow
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 10 Feb 2012, 4:25 pm

From our Offishul

Posh plan pitch inspection

A pitch inspection will take place at London Road at 10am on Saturday

Peterborough United have confirmed that a pitch inspection will be held at London Road at 10am on Saturday 11 February ahead of the npower Championship visit of West Ham United.

Heavy snowfall overnight between Thursday and Friday resulted in the pitch and stadium areas being covered in snow. With sub-zero temperatures expected on Friday night the decision has been made to leave the snow on the pitch until early Saturday morning as it will act as an insulation blanket until it is removed.

The Cambridgeshire club has appealed for at least 300 volunteers to assist with clearing the snow from the pitch early on Saturday morning. Ideally, Peterborough would like volunteers to arrive, preferably with snow shovels, from 7am and report to reception. All volunteers need to be over the age of 18.

The procedure will be to clear the snow from the covers on the pitch, transport it outside of the stadium to a designated tipping area and allow the covers to be removed for a 10am pitch inspection by the match referee Chris Sarginson.

A Peterborough spokesman has confirmed that the pitch-clearing operation is open to supporters of both clubs.

Gritting lorries will be deployed at the stadium and surrounding areas on Friday and on Saturday morning to ensure spectator safety outside of the ground.

With a capacity crowd expected at London Road, Posh chief executive Bob Symns said the club was eager for the game to go ahead.

"At the moment, the pitch beneath the covers is playable," he confirmed. "Obviously we are all now waiting for the results of the overnight temperatures. We are doing everything we can to ensure this game will take place, but we really need your assistance to remove the snow first thing on Saturday morning."

The official website and club's twitter feed will have all the latest developments from London Road on Saturday morning.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:29 pm

What channel are you getting the game on, G? My son has a football competition that is going on all day so I won't be home until after the game starts but quite a few seem to be getting live games on the tv apart from me - have Canal + Sweden started showing Champs matches now? Our C+ still shows PL.

btw - where's Upplands in Sweden? My son starts playing 11 a side in the Upplands series league this summer so I'm wondering what the travelling will be like
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:38 pm

Our Offishul
    wrote:

A Peterborough spokesman has confirmed that the pitch-clearing operation is open to supporters of both clubs.

Hmmmmmmmm...............I wonder if Sue and Ian have left earlier than planned?
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:48 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    Our Offishul
    wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm...............I wonder if Sue and Ian have left earlier than planned?

Well Nolan's not doing anything tomorrow - perhaps he can help out.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:13 am

The Game has been postponed due to a frozen pitch - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ffs not what we need , Fingers crossed that Southampton and Birmingham both lose or drop points today otherwise Tuesday clash with Saints could be an Must win game and we all know what west ham are like underpressure Evil or Very Mad

How the table could looked tonight if saints and Birmingham both Win today :
    1st.West Ham Pts 56
    2nd.Southampton Pts 55
    3rd.Birmingham Pts 53

Lets hope thats not what table looks like come 5pm this afternoon WH Flag cheesey grin
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:57 am

Johnny K wrote:What channel are you getting the game on, G? My son has a football competition that is going on all day so I won't be home until after the game starts but quite a few seem to be getting live games on the tv apart from me - have Canal + Sweden started showing Champs matches now? Our C+ still shows PL.

btw - where's Upplands in Sweden? My son starts playing 11 a side in the Upplands series league this summer so I'm wondering what the travelling will be like

Upplands is on the east coast just above Sthlm dude . The game was gonna be on TV4 Sport
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:09 am

was always gonna be a struggle to keep this game on at P'boro
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:46 pm

Links between West Ham and Posh

Noel Cantwell

The managerial messiah played more than 250 games for West Ham and managed Posh to the 1973-74 Fourth Division title.

Jimmy Bullard

The Hammers took him from non-league football, but didn’t play him. One of Barry Fry’s best Posh signings.

Mark Robson

West Ham player who is now a Posh coach.

Matthew Etherington

Young Posh superstar who moved onto Spurs before West Ham. The left-winger is now in the Premier League with Stoke.

Ian Feuer

Posh signed this 6ft 7in goalkeeper on loan from West Ham in the 1994-95 season. He was very impressive at London Road.

Michael Beesley

Two matches for West Ham, 29 for Posh. An inside forward from the 1960s.

Jack Collison

A Posh centre of excellence player as a kid who is now a West Ham first-team regular.

Jimmy Quinn

The Northern Ireland international played in a FA Cup semi-final for West Ham in 1991. Scored goals for Posh aged 38

Peter Eustace

Useless Eustace played for West Ham in the top-flight and for Posh in Division Three.

Dale Gordon

Signed by John Still on loan for Posh from West Ham on transfer deadline day 1995.

Bill Green

Posh paid West Ham a club record for £60,000 for Green as a replacement for Chris Turner. It wasn’t a great decision.

Bobby Barnes

Burst on the scene as a kid at Upton Park. Helped Posh to promotion in the 1992-93 season.

Dave Llewellyn

A striker who started at West Ham and finished at Posh. Now a top fitness coach at Virgin Active in Thorpe Wood.

Dave Swindlehurst

Four terrible Posh matches after many more bad games for West Ham.

Adam Newton

A team-mate of Joe Cole in the West Ham youth team. Played more than 200 times for Posh.

Grant McCann

The current Posh skipper started out at West Ham.

Daniel Kearns

At Upton Park as a youngster, now at Posh.

Mike Small

A striker who top-scored for West Ham in the 1991-92 season. Played on loan for Posh a decade earlier.

Gary Breen

Elegant central defender who won Irish Under 21 caps while with Posh. Played a handful of games for the Hammers many years later.

Ian Crawford

Stalwart Posh full-back had played at West Ham before moving to London Road.

Everald La Ronde

Full-back who spent two months on loan from Bournemouth at London Road in mid-1980s. Played for West Ham before that.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm

Three words....Big 'airy bollicks!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:48 pm

Was -9 at 10am this morning up on the coast which was about 30 miles from Peter'boro, so no surprise it didnt go ahead. Makes Tuesdays game even more important, can go 4 point clear with a game in hand!

As for the cooments about players who were at both clubs, which I assume geeze got from a Posh site, just a few about some I remember:

Gary Breen: Elegant central defender? :affraid: When was he ever one of these words! One of the worst players I've seen at west Ham in 40 odd years (Mostly odd)

Dave Swindlehurst: Always liked him, thought he did fairly well when he played for us

Peter Eustace: was a great player at wednesday, dont know what went wrong whne he came to us but he definately became Peter Useless!

Bill Green: Another good jobbing CB, thought he didnt do to bad while he was with us.

Dale Gordon: Wnakar

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

Big sam on the postponement

Sam Allardyce ensured West Ham United got over the postponement of their npower Championship fixture at Peterborough United by getting his players out on the pitch at Chadwell Heath on Saturday.

The manager was on his way to London Road when he got the call to say that the game had been called-off, despite the superb efforts of fans from both teams in trying to make the frozen pitch playable. Big Sam and his coaching staff were determined to make the most of the situation, though, and put the squad through a training session upon their return to Essex.

"We were on our way down and they told us to turn around as there was no point in coming down as the pitch was solid," said Big Sam. "They were trying desperately to get the game on but it was too dangerous for the players to consider trying to play the game.

"If the game had been back in London we would have been fine as the weather is a lot milder here and it's amazing the difference an hour's drive can make. We went from a minus-ten to a plus-three temperature."

Big Sam's focus will now switch to Tuesday night's visit of Southampton under the lights at the Boleyn Ground and he is confident that Saturday's postponement will not affect the Hammers' preparation.

"When the lads got back we had a quick session and then got home. We were all frustrated. It doesn't affect our preparations for Southampton at all other than we didn't play.

"We have time to get our minds focused on Southampton without any injuries or fatigue because we haven't played. We'll be training again tomorrow and Monday to make sure we're ready for the game."

With less than 3,500 tickets remaining for Tuesday's top-of-the-table fixture, fans should move fast to purchase their seats here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 8:20 am