West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
Campo
Johnny K
Stooby Doo 2002
IronDane
Charlie Ham
Jiggs
Arran H
Tony P
mottinghammer
Admin
14 posters

Blackpool v West Ham United FC

Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Blackpool v West Ham United FC - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackpool v West Ham United FC

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:05 pm

Shame there's no highlights tonight!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Blackpool v West Ham United FC - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackpool v West Ham United FC

Post  Jiggs Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:08 pm

Tony P wrote:Just spoke to a mate of mine as he was leaving the ground. He said we were superb all night. Lots of pace going forward. Picked out Maynard, Collison and Faubert in particular. He said that even when we went down to 10 men we still looked the better side

Happy Days !

It had to be superb Tone......I mean, who would have put their house on that when Green got sent off. Blackpool have hardly been shite for their last 10 games, so The Mighty Hammers must have been bloody awesome. tramp

Last edited by Jiggs on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:08 pm

Right we are top of the league ! But That means we have no Green for the next 3 Games so Iam expecting BFS will Go for Almunia again me thinks with only Boffin at the club Smile Didnt expect us to score two more goals after going down to 10 again but one thing is for sure I would not like to Greeno tonight and tommrow when BFS sees him cheesey grin cheesey grin

Palace Saturday fingers crossed we can keep 11 men on the pitch - If we do go down to 10men will that set a record for the most games in a row playing with 10 !? Very Happy

Tbh I wouldnt mine Almunia back he did Ok for us last time and How ironic would it be if did sign that his first game would against Palace again cheesey grin
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:09 pm

So we have Stech in goal for three games, which will cost us £700K! Expensive dismissal Telling
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:09 pm

Lansbury has been in goal before

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:49 pm

If Green was sent of for denying a goalscoring opportunity, ie a professional foul, then it is only a ONE match ban. Meaning he will only miss the Crystal Palace game

If Stech plays two more games for us then we have to pay Sparta Prague £700k for the privilege. Maybe we could play him for the Palace game then loan him back out again. However, I cannot see this happening. So expect to see Ruud Boffin in goal on Saturday
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:09 pm

Guess which website has not updated its league table after tonight's games?

Yep. You guessed it. OUR shite offishul site
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:45 am

Well I went to bed last night with a big grin on my face and woke up pretty much the same , you could,nt make it up could you . Just hoping Green is only out for one game as he has been superb this season and will def need him down to the fact we are in this ten men mode , Palarse ain't gonn be a push over next week but in front of a home crowd and getting the results like we have been getting I say " bring it on "
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:06 am

A quote from Ollie Ollie Ollie " "They looked like potential champions and we looked like people who should sort our lives out. We were second best all night and it hurts me to say it. It was pretty horrendous.”

Well done West Ham I'm proud of ya
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:26 am

Big Fat Sams Ten Man Claret & Blue Army

Do you think it will catch on peeps
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:40 am

Tony P wrote:Just spoke to a mate of mine as he was leaving the ground. He said we were superb all night. Lots of pace going forward. Picked out Maynard, Collison and Faubert in particular. He said that even when we went down to 10 men we still looked the better side

Happy Days !

Thats what my brother-in-law said Very Happy
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:47 am

I still can’t quite believe it this morning – West Ham United went down to 10 men, for the third game in a row, when we were 2-1 up. An outfield player went in goal and instead of conceding half a dozen goals and getting battered, the stand-in-keeper keeps a clean sheet and we go on to score 2 more goals winning the game 4-1 and looking like the much better team :shock: tramp

This is why you don’t see old West Ham fans and the ones you do see are usually drunk Blackpool v West Ham United FC - Page 5 1746495726
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:10 pm

After the game, Lansbury spoke to whufc.com about one of the most memorable games of his life.
    What went through your mind when Robert Green was sent-off?
    "I was a bit shocked at first but then the gaffer turned around and said 'You're going in' so I thought 'Alright' and I couldn't wait to get on. It was enjoyable."
    You had plenty to do, didn't you, but you looked confident?
    "I enjoy playing in goal. I did it quite a bit when I was with my mates and in five-a-side tournaments I go in goal, but to play out on the pitch is another level, to be honest with you."

That's twice you've played in goal and you've conceded just a penalty. That's not bad going, is it?
    "I let a penalty in playing for England Under-21s, but I suppose you don't have to count that, so it's two clean sheets. Maybe I could go in goal again sometime?!"
    Have you done any sort of goalkeeping training?
    "I had a little muck-about with Marge [Martyn Margetson] the other day and he was telling me to watch the ball all the way into my hands and stuff. I sometimes go in goal and let the lads take shots, but that's about it really. I just enjoy going in goal and diving about because I'm a bit crazy!"
    It was probably just nice to get on the pitch again after a few weeks when you have been on the substitutes' bench?
    "Definitely. The team has been playing well and it's hard to get back into a winning team. The lads have shown at Blackpool that we can play extremely well with ten men."
    Could you hear the fans singing your name?
    "I could. It was quite enjoyable to hear. You have to concentrate but obviously you can have a little day-dream now and again! The fans were great and they were supportive of me, so that was good."
    That is three games on the trot when we have got a positive result after going down to ten men. How are the lads feeling?
    "It's great. I think we've started to play well now and even with ten men we look like we're going to score every time we attack. We've just got to try to keep this run going until the end of the season."
    You also turned your hand to photography last week, taking snaps of Ravel Morrison's debut for the Development Squad. Have you got any other hidden talents?
    "Not really. Photography and goalkeeping! Seriously, we've just got to keep going and get out of this league."
    There will be a spot up for grabs with Robert Green being suspended for Saturday's visit of Crystal Palace...
    "I'm going to take my gloves into training! Hopefully I can make the squad as a goalkeeper!"
    On a serious note, that was a massive win at Blackpool, wasn't it?
    "Yes it was massive. The league is so tight at the top so we want to keep winning and stretch away. The lads played great at Blackpool and are playing great in training. The team spirit is there so we want to keep this run going now and be hard to beat."
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:43 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:47 pm

I dont know if its just me but the more you watch Greeno`s tackle the worst it looks each time cheesey grin
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:38 pm

Admin wrote:[youtube]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pk7DISIk7Wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Still cant see your you tube clips Geez Sad
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:55 pm

Nicki wrote:
    Admin wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

What I,ll do Nicki is ask the Formotion gods about it and get it sorted , strange it works for me . Anyone else having problems with it ?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:09 pm

It works fine for me
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 23 Feb 2012, 4:43 am

If it works for some it must be your end Nicki but I will look into it for you when I get home tonight
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:18 am

From a Tangerine STH

Over the course of two matches this season West Ham have now racked up an aggregate score of 8-1 against Blackpool, and on both showings they have looked every bit worthy of a promotion-winning side. Much has been made of the money spent, both at the beginning of the season and in the January transfer window, but it looks like Allardyce will do the job asked of him and guide the Hammers back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

To have taken seven points from the last three games despite having a man sent off in each shows an ability to get results from difficult situations, and the ease with which they coasted to victory at Bloomfield Road demonstrated a difference in class of the two sides. Not only do West Ham boast a strong defensive unit, they also have a number of quick and skillful attacking players who were threatening on the counter-attack, often exposing Blackpool's gung-ho approach in the final third of the game.

There is still a good chunk of the season remaining, but of all the teams in the race West Ham are possibly best placed to maintain their position until the end of the campaign. Allardyce may have bad memories of his final season on the Fylde coast, but at this point it's difficult to imagine a similar collapse might be in store for those at the Boleyn Ground.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 23 Feb 2012, 4:21 pm

Nicki wrote:
    Admin wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Check to see if HTML is turned on in your profile Nicki
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:06 pm

It wasn't. It is now and works perfectly. Thank you very much Mr Admin Bow hugsmiley
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:24 pm

Your welcome hun Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 8:27 am