West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Arran H
Charlie Ham
Nicki
Campo
Jiggs
mottinghammer
Admin
12 posters

Leicester v West Ham United

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Leicester v West Ham United Empty Leicester v West Ham United

Post  Admin Thu 19 Apr 2012, 4:27 pm

Leicester v West Ham United Leicester_City Leicester v West Ham United Leicester v West Ham United West_Ham_Utd

Introduction

• West Ham United travel to Leicester City for their final away game of the season looking to extend their new club record of 12 away wins in a season. Southampton's defeat to Middlesbrough on Saturday evening means Sam Allardyce's side are still in with a shout of automatic promotion, but realistically must win in the east Midlands to stand any chance of securing second spot.

• Leicester City host the Hammers having seen their faint hopes of clinching a play-off spot disappear following a goalless draw with Burnley on Tuesday evening.

• West Ham sit in third place in the npower Championship and have not lost away from home since the end of January.

• The Foxes are comfortably in mid-table in tenth place and have not been beaten at the King Power Stadium since the middle of January.

• The Hammers have not recorded a victory at Leicester since January 2000 when they won courtesy of two goals from Paulo Wanchope and one from Paulo Di Canio giving them a 3-1 victory.

• The fixture earlier in the season between the two sides was an exciting affair as the Hammers ran out 3-2 winners. Two goals from Sam Baldock and one from Julien Faubert saw off the Foxes' challenge.

Team News

West Ham United

• Sam Allardyce was expected wait to see the outcome of Southampton's Saturday night game before finalising his squad. Further team news will be confirmed closer to kick-off.

• It remains to be seen whether full-backs George McCartney and Joey O'Brien will be recover from injury in time for Monday evening. Should they not make the squad, Matt Taylor, Danny Collins or Guy Demel are likely to be replacements at left and right back.

• Carlton Cole's knee injury that kept him out of 1-1 draw at Bristol City is still being assessed ahead of his possible involvement.

Leicester City

• Leicester City team news will be confirmed closer to kick-off

Last Time Out

Tuesday 17 April 2012
    npower Championship
    Bristol City 1-1 West Ham United
    West Ham United: Green, Reid, Tomkins, Demel (Faubert 74), Collins (Carew 63), Nolan, Taylor, Noble, Lansbury, Maynard (Collison 74), Vaz Te
    Subs not used: Henderson, Diop
    Goal: Tomkins (25)

Tuesday 17 April 2012
    npower Championship
    Leicester City 0-0 Burnley
    Leicester City: Schemichel, Peltier, Konchesky, Bamba, Morgan, Dyer (Gallagher 72), Drinkwater, Wellens, Beckford (Schlupp 72), Marshall, Nugent
    Subs not used: St Ledger, King, Howard

Last Six Meetings

(Championship unless stated)

29 October 2011 West Ham United 3-2 Leicester City
    18 March 2005 West Ham United 2-2 Leicester City
    7 August 2004 Leicester City 0-0 West Ham United
    12 January 2002 West Ham United 1-0 Leicester City (Premier League)
    22 December 2001 Leicester City 1-1 West Ham United (Premier League)
    23 December 2000 Leicester City 2-1 West Ham United (Premier League)

Overall record v Leicester City (all competitions) W 49 D 29 L 42

Ten Year Records

West Ham United

2010/11 Premier League 20th (relegated to Championship)
    2009/10 Premier League 17th
    2008/09 Premier League 9th
    2007/08 Premier League 10th
    2006/07 Premier League 15th
    2005/06 Premier League 9th
    2004/05 Championship 6th (promoted to Premier League via Play-Offs)
    2003/04 Championship 4th
    2002/03 Premier League 18th (relegated to Championship)
    2001/02 Premier League 7th

Leicester City

2010/11 Championship 10th
    2009/10 Championship 5th
    2008/09 League One 1st
    2007/08 Championship 22nd
    2006/07 Championship 19th
    2005/06 Championship 16th
    2004/05 Championship 15th
    2003/04 Premier League 18th
    2002/03 Division One, 2nd (promoted to Premier League)
    2001/02 Premier League 20th (relegated to Division One)

Referee

• Monday evening's referee will be Mr Eddie Ilderton.

• Ilderton was born 16 March 1970 on Tyneside and has been a professional referee since 1991.

• Ilderton has never taken charge of a West Ham United game but has refereed one Leicester City game this season. He was the man in black for the Foxes 3-0 home defeat at the hands of Millwall.

• Mr Ilderton has taken charge of 15 Championship games this season, issuing 31 yellow cards, two red cards and awarding six penalties.

• Ilderton will be assisted by Nick Hobbis and Ian Rathbone and the fourth official will be David Coote.

Us and Them

• The following players have worn the colours of both West Ham United and Leicester City during their careers - Syd Bishop, David Connolly, Tony Cottee, Brian Deane, Les Ferdinand, George Hebden, Andrew Impey, Dai Jones, David Kelly, Paul Konchesky, Colin Mackleworth, William Oakes, John Pantsil and Norman Proctor.

• Barking-born Paul Konchesky played 70 times for West Ham United between August 2005 and March 2007, scoring twice. The left-back netted one of those goals in the 2006 FA Cup final defeat by Liverpool in May 2006.

• Ghana international right-back John Pantsil made 24 appearances for West Ham United between August 2006 and May 2008.

• The largest crowd to witness a West Ham United versus Leicester City fixture was the 39,000 who turned out to watch the Hammers defeat the Foxes 3-2 in Division Two on 10 April 1936.

• West Ham United's largest away victory at Leicester was 6-0 way back in a Division Two match on 15 February 1923. The Hammers goals came from a hat-trick for William Moore and a goal each for Jack Tresadern, Dick Richards and Jimmy Ruffell.

• Leicester City's largest home win over the Hammers was 5-0 in a Division One fixture on 15 September 1928. Goals came from Barry Leonard, Arthur Lochhead, Ernie Hine and two for Arthur Chandler.

• Fifteen players have made their West Ham United debuts against Leicester City - William Waugh (January 1922), Wally St Pier (October 1929), Frederick Gamble (April 1931), Jack Weare, Charlie Walker (both September 1936), Ken Wright (September 1946), Eric Parsons (January 1947), Bob Wyllie, Eddie Lewis (both November 1956), Alan Sealey (April 1961), Roger Hugo (March 1964), Ian Bishop, Trevor Morley (both December 1989), Sergei Rebrov and Teddy Sheringham (both August 2004).

• Sam Allardyce has an unbeaten record against Leicester City as a manager. In five matches at Bolton Wanderers, Big Sam guided the Trotters to two victories and three draws against the Foxes.

• Kevin Nolan netted twice in Bolton Wanderers' 5-0 Premier League victory at Leicester City in August 2001. Nolan also scored in the reverse fixture, a 2-2 draw at the Reebok Stadium in December 2001.

Up Next

• West Ham United's final game of the season is at home to Hull City on Saturday 28 April with kick-off set for 12:30pm. There are still tickets remaining for the Hammers' final Championship match and information on how you can secure your seat - and gain priority for the Play-Off semi-final - can be found by clicking here. Leicester City's final match is away at Leeds United on Saturday with kick off scheduled for the same time.

General Information

• Monday evening's game with Leicester City has been made All-Ticket meaning there will no tickets available on the door. West Ham United advises fans not to travel to Leicester unless in possession of a match ticket. The weather for Monday is set for a chilly evening with light rain showers. The temperature will be 5C.

West Ham have injury doubts over Carlton Cole, George McCartney, Joey O'Brien and Gary O'Neil ahead of the trip to Leicester.

Striker Cole should be fit after missing Tuesday night's 1-1 draw at Bristol City with a slight knee injury.
    Full-backs McCartney (concussion) and O'Brien (thigh) were also absent at Ashton Gate and will be checked over along with midfielder O'Neil, who has been struggling with a groin problem.
    Winger Julien Faubert returned as a substitute against City after missing the previous three matches due to a hamstring injury so he could be recalled to the starting line-up.
    Centre-back Abdoulaye Faye and striker Sam Baldock are pushing to return to the squad after missing out in midweek.

Last edited by Admin on Sun 22 Apr 2012, 1:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Leicester v West Ham United Empty Re: Leicester v West Ham United

Post  mottinghammer Thu 19 Apr 2012, 5:34 pm

Not got a good feeling about this one, I dont see us winning, in fatc I see a heavy defeat as I really dont think these guys have the bottle for it now. handgren
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:15 pm

Well one things for sure , we are in the Play Offs and we will finish 3rd , who we play against is still open but between any one of these ,Birmingham ,Blackpool ,Cardiff City ,Middlesbrough ,Hull City

Birmingham we drew away 1-1 and drew at home 3-3 . Blackpool we done 4-0 at their gaff and 4-1 at home . Cardiffy first game of the season , remember it well , lost that one at home 0-1 but gave some payback in the land of sheep 2-0 , hmm ha ha . Middlesbrough beat them away 2-0 and get a 1-1 draw at UP , in in our drawing part of the season . Hull well we done them at their shit hole and we will have to wait a week for the home result . So who do you fancy ? I would love Blackpool
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:23 pm

And what pisses me right off is that we could,nt sort out Bristol with there shit ground , shit away accommodation , kit on a bench , no hangers , shit hole . End of
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:04 pm

We won't get Birmingham in the semi's......so I hope whoever does beats them stupid...

We could always just go on another drawing only episode, having practised taking penalties to death first of course :cheers:
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:49 am

Should be plenty of streams for the Leicester v West Ham United game peeps

Sky Sports 1 (UK/Ireland)
    SuperSport 2 (Albania)
    Goal TV (Asia)
    Fox Sports 3 (Australia)
    Sportsnet World (Canada)
    Sport 1 (Czech / Slovak)
    Canal+ Sport 1 (Denmark)
    Sportdigital (Germany)
    Al Jazeera Sport +5 (Gulf States)
    Sport 2 (Hungary)
    Viasat Football (Norway)
    SportKlub (Poland)
    Sport+ (Russia)
    Supersport 3 (South Africa)
    Canal+ Fotboll (Sweden)
    SportKlub (Serbia)
    Fox Soccer Plus (USA)

LiveOnlineFooty.com
    LiveFootballStreams.tv
    FlashSportStreams.tv

COYI
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 22 Apr 2012, 11:16 am

Well I managed to get into the Foxes Chat , bit late I know , but some of them are so bloody slow or wont let me in at all . Here are a couple of responses and I,ll wack up more as the post .

Bluearmyfox28

You might possibly see some youngsters given a chance, and you should keep an eye on Ben Marshall he has a reputation of scoring screamers also I would keep an eye on the pace of Lloyd Dyer!

rico

i hope we beat you and stick you in the play offs

Trav Le Bleu

It will be just like us to play out of our skins on Monday, now that it's all over.

I'd be worried.

FuriousFox46

We will beat you. You're in the top half, therefore we're nailed on.

lcfcstu

Agree with most on here. Now there's f all to play for you lot should be worried really!

FIF

We are a team that can't handle mental pressure very well. That pressure is now off. I'd be afraid, very afraid. Leicester 6-0

Raw Dykes

No pressure on us, and we've been good at home, and we've been good against teams in the top half.

stourbridgefox

I was hoping Southampton would win yesterday so West Ham would have nothing to play for but I suppose West Ham being under pressure could w**k either way for us. I don't know enough about West Ham to know whether they are likely to up their game or go to pieces.

As other people have mentioned, Leicester do much better against sides which play football and attack rather than 'parking the bus'. I expect West Ham to try to play good football but this might be more to do with past reputation than the intentions of Big Sam. We have got some impressive results against teams who have tried to pass their way past us so I hope this is what West Ham will do.

The most exciting player to watch out for has to be Ben Marshall. He was pretty much unknown until we paid Stoke £1 million in January and after a quite start, has recently exploded into life. Off the top of my head, he has scored 5 goals from 35 yards in the last 8 games, including one against Chelsea in the FA Cup. If you see a small, dark haired player who bares a passing resemblance to George Best running parallel to the goal-line about 40 yards out then chances are you are looking at Marshall and you are probably going to see something spectacular, whether or not it goes in.

As someone else has said, LLoyd Dyer has been in form for recent games and will probably try to beat players on either wing with clever flicks and back-heels which he is able to get on the end of with his blistering pace. Unfortunately, like so many quick wingers I have seen play for Leicester, the resulting cross is unlikely to have any direction on it and could go anywhere.

Another player you might have to look out for is Jeffrey Schlupp. He has recently started getting a place on our bench after a couple of loan spells and has the makings of a decent player. He is unlikely to force Beckford or Nugent out of the team so will only have limited time to make an impression. If he does get on, you should see a pacey youngster who has unerring composure in front of goal for someone so inexperienced.

The only other player you are likely to notice is Sol Bamba in the centre of defence. You will notice him partly because he is an imposing individual who stands head and shoulders above his probable central defensive partner, Wes Morgan, but also because he loves to make forward runs in which the ball sticks to him in a manner which is very unusual for such a tall player. The third reason you will notice him is because he will make a glaring error at some point, either hopelessly under-hitting a backpass or trying his trickery in our box while surrounded by opposition players. On saying all this, he is one of the most technically gifted centre-backs I have seen at the club so keep your eyes on him!

None of our other players are particularly on form so I don't think any are likely to stand out. On the result, I am not too confident to be honest. We clearly have a talented side but they have not been up for games which could've gotten us into the play-offs so I don't expect them to be up for a meaningless last home game of the season.

I will go for 2-2.

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 22 Apr 2012, 3:42 pm

James Tomkins insists West Ham must enter Monday's Championship clash with Leicester believing they can still clinch automatic promotion.

The third-placed Hammers have to take advantage of Southampton's defeat to Middlesbrough to ensure the promotion race goes to the final weekend of the season.

If Sam Allardyce's men fail to win at the King Power Stadium then Southampton's place in the Premier League will be confirmed, leaving West Ham to negotiate the play-offs.

Even if West Ham win on Monday they will need to beat Hull at Upton Park next Saturday and hope relegated Coventry do them a favour against Saints.

Tomkins vowed West Ham would not stop fighting for that second promotion place, as they look to extend their new club record of 12 away wins in a season.

"We are still confident," the defender told the club's website.

"I think our away record has been really good this year and our home form, as we showed the other day (in beating Brighton 6-0), is definitely better as well.

"We go into games confident. We're disappointed (to be in this position) but we're still positive.

"Of course we can go into the play-offs and win them. It's not the end of the world.

"We will concentrate on the rest of the season first, though, because it's still mathematically possible that we could go up automatically.

"We just have to concentrate on that."

Allardyce would have rested key players with the play-offs in mind had Southampton beaten Middlesbrough - but now he is expected to name a full strength side.

The Hammers boss is waiting on the fitness of striker Carlton Cole plus defenders George McCartney and Joey O'Brien before finalising his line-up.

Leicester were expected to mount a promotion challenge this season but saw their play-off ambitions erased with a goalless draw against Burnley on Tuesday.

The Foxes are unbeaten at home in 10 games and they could be boosted by the return to action of Darius Vassell and Martyn Waghorn, who scored for the reserves in midweek.

"We are obviously disappointed we didn't get promoted or make the play-offs but you can't go into the final games thinking there's nothing on them," Leicester defender Lee Peltier told the club's website.

"It's been a tough season and it's important we start looking towards next season, rebuilding and making another go of it."
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 23 Apr 2012, 1:55 pm

Heart says 4-0 win
    Head says - 2-2
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Mon 23 Apr 2012, 4:05 pm

nailbiter :imwstupid:
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 23 Apr 2012, 5:06 pm

Looks like this is the place to be tonight if you dont have Sky Sports 1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 23 Apr 2012, 6:18 pm

Would really like to see a win tonight however I have supported this club to long to get my hopes up.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 23 Apr 2012, 7:19 pm

I think we will win 4-0 for some reason ..... I just think the players would seen saints lose and see that the GD is only 4 goals and will want to cancel out the GD befor next week when Hull visit Upton Park WH Flag
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 23 Apr 2012, 7:43 pm

Sausage please!!!

geezers no worky
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 23 Apr 2012, 7:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 23 Apr 2012, 7:58 pm

For those of you watching, compare the movement and hold-up play of David Nugent with that finguck useless tree that we have up front for us. He couldn't trap a bag of cement
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:01 pm

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:03 pm

Nice one Jiggs
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:04 pm

Like I said "fckuing useless tree". How much more time do you want to get a shot away?
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:07 pm

Other half is watching some soap on DStv and I'm relegated to the BBC radio feed :pale:
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:10 pm

Look three posts up Chas. It isn't rocket science !
    spudgun
    spudgun
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  spudgun Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:11 pm

Tony P wrote:Nice one Jiggs

ditto Bow
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:13 pm

Tony P wrote:Look three posts up Chas. It isn't rocket science !

Feed too slow on this 3g mate and by the time Telkom get us connected it will be time to move mate.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:14 pm

Chas Hammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:Look three posts up Chas. It isn't rocket science !

Feed too slow on this 3g mate and by the time Telkom get us connected it will be time to move mate.

Very Happy
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 23 Apr 2012, 8:18 pm

That was close from Nolan. The rest of our attacking players look hopeless. Vaz Te not taking anyone on or having a shot like he did against Brighton. The tree is....well......the tree. Collison and O'Neil both a waste of space going forward. Taylor done nothing going forward. Noble running the midfield

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 7:09 am