West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Jiggs
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Suzanne Claret
mottinghammer
Tony P
Charlie Ham
Admin
11 posters

Cardiff v West Ham United Play Offs 1st Leg

Kray_Snr
    Kray_Snr
    Boot Cleaner

Cardiff v West Ham United  Play Offs 1st Leg - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff v West Ham United Play Offs 1st Leg

Post  Kray_Snr Thu 03 May 2012, 9:40 pm

well done hammers

roll on monday

C.O.Y.I.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Cardiff v West Ham United  Play Offs 1st Leg - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff v West Ham United Play Offs 1st Leg

Post  Admin Thu 03 May 2012, 9:41 pm

5 Mins fergie time , where the fcuk did that come from ? . Tell me ma me ma I dont want no tea no tea I,m going to Wemberly tell me ma me ma . Going to bed now COYFI
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 03 May 2012, 9:45 pm

early goal at the Boleyn and jobs done cheesey grin WH Flag
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 03 May 2012, 9:58 pm

I never really expected that.....I don't really know how to react confu gay fight

Very well done Hammers..... clap

I still don't like that Allerdyce made the defensive changes, but am very happy with the win of course.....

Bring on Monday, so we can put the semi's to bed..

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 03 May 2012, 11:13 pm

Jiggs wrote:Not ours Tony......I just bought the last one Smile

Offishul saying there is still 500 left for Monday

1st team

Post  Admin Fri 04 May 2012, 5:14 am

Big Sam after the game . Kumbed

Sam Allardyce admitted that he was absolutely delighted with West Ham's performance at the Cardiff City Stadium tonight - whilst reminding his team that the job is still only half done.

A Jack Collison brace put United in total control of the play-off semi final in Wales tonight with the two teams set to meet again for the second leg at the Boleyn Ground in three days' time.

But despite West Ham going into the game as overwhelming favourites to proceed to the Final at Wembley in a fortnight's time having secured a 2-0 win away from home - United's 14TH away win of the season - Allardyce warned his team not to get complacent.

"It's been a great night for us but it's only 90 minutes of a two-legged affair so anything could still happen," Allardyce told SkySports. "The onus is on us to see it through and there's no pressure on Cardiff.

"Mentally we've got to be right for that and make sure that we try and go out and win the next game. But it's a fantastic night for us and one where the players have handled the pressure extremely well, performed very well indeed and given us a great platform for the next leg."

Key to West Ham's success, according to Allardyce, was the right mental attitude and a determination not to become involved in any unnecessary incidents. And despite West Ham having four players booked on the night - albeit somewhat controversially in at least three cases - the manager felt that his players stuck to the task.

"On a big night like this, we asked the lads to control their emotions and not to do anything untoward that might cause a problem for ourselves," he confirmed. "I thought they handled the pressure very well and played very well indeed.

"I thought tactically we did everything right in terms of nullifying Cardiff and allowing them minimal chances on goal on their own ground. Our quality on the break and getting forward was outstanding - as were the chances were created.

"At 2-0 down Cardiff were going to put us under some pressure. We soaked that up pretty well and then broke out and created a few more chances that we may have converted. But it was a good performance from everybody, we're really pleased but not getting too carried away.

"On the basis of how well we've been playing I would have been disappointed had we not played like we did tonight, if we hadn't have carried on such great away performances and results. The clean sheet and the two goals were everything we were looking for and that's a fantastic 90 minutes for us."

Looking ahead to the second leg, Allardyce insisted that his team would be going for the win despite a draw - and even, dare we say it, a repeat of the scoreline on the opening day of the season - being enough to see the Hammers through to Wembley.

"We've only lost four at home all season; we're in a position now where if we don't lose we go through," he added. "But we want to win if we can and we want to continue to play like we did against Brighton and Hull City.

"If we can get that level of performance again then we'll try and go and win that game, if we possibly can. But we must make sure that at the end of 90 minutes we're through to the Final."
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 04 May 2012, 7:19 am

Jiggs wrote:I never really expected that.....I don't really know how to react confu gay fight

I still don't like that Allardyce made the defensive changes, but am very happy with the win of course.....

I thought that BFS got the tactics spot on Jiggles, apart from Taylor at left back. He is not a good enough defender to play there. Eventually BFS realised not only that, but also that Vaz Te was doing f**k all going forward and not helping Taylor out defensively, and brought McCartney on for him. Whilst on the face of it, replacing Demel for Faubert looked wrong, Demel has hardly played all season and we saw what playing beyond 60 mins did to him on Saturday when his poor header cost us a goal against Hull. If O'Brien was fit I doubt Poobear would have got anywhere near the pitch
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 04 May 2012, 10:44 am

Those welsh types have the right hump this morning looking at their forum, most of the anger directed at Miller who it turns out has only one goal in 21 games cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 04 May 2012, 10:54 am

ThreeWheeling wrote:Those welsh types have the right hump this morning looking at their forum, most of the anger directed at Miller who it turns out has only one goal in 21 games cheesey grin

We still gave him far too much room and allowed him to run at our back four unchallenged too many times. However, he failed to score!!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 04 May 2012, 7:58 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:I never really expected that.....I don't really know how to react confu gay fight

I still don't like that Allardyce made the defensive changes, but am very happy with the win of course.....

I thought that BFS got the tactics spot on Jiggles, apart from Taylor at left back. He is not a good enough defender to play there. Eventually BFS realised not only that, but also that Vaz Te was doing f**k all going forward and not helping Taylor out defensively, and brought McCartney on for him. Whilst on the face of it, replacing Demel for Faubert looked wrong, Demel has hardly played all season and we saw what playing beyond 60 mins did to him on Saturday when his poor header cost us a goal against Hull. If O'Brien was fit I doubt Poobear would have got anywhere near the pitch

I see what you are saying Tony.....I just wanted to get it done and dusted last night cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 04 May 2012, 11:31 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

I see what you are saying Tony.....I just wanted to get it done and dusted last night cheesey grin

Well if Nolan had managed to get his free header on target and ANYBODY had bothered to be in the box when Maynard crossed the ball late on we could have had another 2 goals. But c'est la vie, I would have taken 2-0 before the game that is for sure. Just hope that, in true West Ham style, we don't fupp it up on Monday
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 05 May 2012, 6:34 am

Tony P wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

Well if Nolan had managed to get his free header on target and ANYBODY had bothered to be in the box when Maynard crossed the ball late on we could have had another 2 goals. But c'est la vie, I would have taken 2-0 before the game that is for sure. Just hope that, in true West Ham style, we don't fupp it up on Monday

This obviously in the back of my mind too. Still it makes it a bit more exciting for Monday, not having to play out a foregone conclusion I suppose nailbiter
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 05 May 2012, 12:02 pm

Agreed. We need a bit of an edge; a bit of uncertainty, to make sure that the atmosphere is good
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 05 May 2012, 12:08 pm

Green after the game to the fans

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 05 May 2012, 12:14 pm

rofl smiley

I couldn't make out what the sheep shaggers were singing to him, but that reply was awesome..
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 05 May 2012, 12:16 pm

Jiggs wrote: rofl smiley

I couldn't make out what the sheep shaggers were singing to him, but that reply was awesome..

I think it was the usual "Ewe let your country down" song Jiggs !
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 05 May 2012, 12:30 pm

Oh that one....bloody cheek larffff
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 05 May 2012, 1:27 pm

Whooooooooooosh !!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 5:44 am