West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+12
Jiggs
Arran H
Kray JR
alfiehammer
Blakey
Sir Ian
Campo
Suzanne Claret
Johnny K
westhamonkey
SemiOldIron
Admin
16 posters

Swansea City v West Ham United FC

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Swansea City v West Ham United FC Empty Swansea City v West Ham United FC

Post  Admin Mon 20 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

Swansea City v West Ham United FC ClubLogo Swansea v West Ham United Swansea City v West Ham United FC ClubLogo
    Referee: M Atkinson
    Assistants: S Burt, D Cann
    Fourth Official: L Probert
    Barclays Premier League

Venue: Liberty Stadium
    Date: Saturday, 25 August

TEAM NEWS

New Swansea signing Kyle Bartley was not considered for selection last weekend, but may make his debut against West Ham.

He could replace injury doubt Chico Flores, who will have a late fitness test.

West Ham are set to be without Jack Collison, who missed the start of the season because of a knee injury.

Summer signings Alou Diarra and Modibo Maiga lack match fitness and may again have to settle for places on the bench.
    MATCH PREVIEW

I'm a massive fan of clubs making left-field, innovative managerial appointments. It would have been very easy for Swansea to replace Brendan Rodgers with a predictable name from the perennial list of jobbing Premier League managers. That they didn't shows a maverick bravery which has thus far been rewarded in both Michael Laudrup's transfer market nous and, of course, last weekend's bolt-from-the-blue thumping of QPR. It was the club's record top-flight win, home or away.
    Swansea's summer signings

Michu (Rayo Vallecano)
    Chico Flores (Genoa)
    Jonathan de Guzman (Villarreal)
    Itay Shechter (Kaiserslautern)
    Kyle Bartley (Arsenal)
    Scott Tancock (Cardiff)
    Jamie Proctor (Preston)

The quality Swansea have added is impressive. Michu grabbed the headlines, but Jonathan de Guzman should prove an excellent driving force in midfield, alongside the imminent addition of Ki Sung-Yueng. It's a measure of how far the club has come in just two years that the potential departure of Scott Sinclair to Manchester City would cause neither significant disruption nor weakening.

In preparing for a commentary I hand-write both squads side-by-side on a sheet of A4. Swansea's list is markedly longer than West Ham's - and that's with a number of junior players too. West Ham's lack of bodies might not be a problem in August, but the race is on to add depth for battles further down the line.

Matt Jarvis will do for starters. I've watched him develop from his beginnings at Gillingham into a full international at Wolves. If that deal is completed the Hammers will have bought wisely, even if the Molineux bosses quite rightly drove a hard bargain.

A home game with a transitional Aston Villa was probably the perfect opener for West Ham. Newly-promoted sides need to get points on the board early - remember the seasons Norwich (2004-05), Sunderland (2005-06) and Derby (2007-08) suffered after slow starts?

The win against Villa continues last year's momentum, and perhaps lifts the pressure for the trip to the Liberty Stadium, with their points tally already in credit. And speaking of points, I love a good stat, and my interest was piqued by this one, which is that Sam Allardyce is just a single point away from 1,000 of them as a manager.

Given Swansea's blistering start at Loftus Road, I'm sure the Hammers would happily take that single point back along the M4 with them come the end of Saturday's encounter, while the Swans will fancy themselves strongly to make it a 100% start in Laudrup's first competitive home match.
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

It is 32 years since Swansea's last league win against West Ham, a 2-1 victory in Division Two on 29 March 1980.
    The Hammers are unbeaten in their last six league games against the Swans, a run which includes all four previous top-flight encounters.
    The last competitive meeting came in an FA Cup third-round replay in January 1999. Swansea (then playing in the fourth tier of English football) beat Premier League West Ham 1-0 through a Martin Thomas goal.
    This fixture has not produced a goalless draw since 1937.

Swansea

According to Opta, the Swans scored with five of their six shots on target against QPR.
    Last season it took the Welsh side until October to score five Premier League goals.
    The 5-0 victory at Loftus Road was the Swans' biggest win in the top flight.

West Ham

Sam Allardyce's men have won their last six competitive games (including last season's play-offs), and are unbeaten in 10. Their last defeat was a 4-2 home loss by Reading on 31 March.
    The Hammers won more away games (13) than home games (11) in last season's Championship.
    They have lost their last four Premier League away matches. Their most recent away win in the top flight was a 3-1 victory at Blackpool on 2 February 2011.

Last edited by Admin on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Swansea City v West Ham United FC Empty Re: Swansea City v West Ham United FC

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 20 Aug 2012, 6:37 pm

Did you have to start this thread up so soon? I didn't really want to start thinking about playing a side that's just won 5-0 away until the last possible moment. Oh well,at least some of them seem to think we won't be a pushover. And maybe our inelegant muscularity (I do like that phrase) will stop them tearing around the park like Billy Whizz - I certainly hope so.
    How about having a book on the number of times the phrase " clash of styles" gets used in the match reports?

C . O. Y. muscular I.!!! :cheers:
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:48 pm

I remember when I lived in Cardiff... a tuesday night trek down to Swansea in the pissing rain to watch us get beaten 0-1 in a Cup replay... one of the worst displays from my beloved West Ham I've ever witnessed...

Got to get up at 4:00am on saturday morning to see this one live on the tellybox...

Should be a good game... hoping Swansea can't match this weekend's efforts... and that we continue last season's away form.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:03 pm

Swansea have set themselves up for a downfall.

Haven't they?

3scared nailbiter handgren
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 22 Aug 2012, 8:59 am

I think we will get our arses handed to us on a plate scared2
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:21 am

Swansea City v West Ham United FC 3777063607 Swansea City v West Ham United FC 3777063607 Swansea City v West Ham United FC 3777063607 to the cockney boys i reckon
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Wed 22 Aug 2012, 6:26 pm

2-1 to the cockney boys me reckons Smile
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:05 am

A point would be good, a clean sheet would be better, and anything else would be a bonus. I said it last week and it seemed to w**k, so I'm saying it again. WH Flag

Whatever happened to the little scarf-waving smilies? I got quite attached to them....
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 23 Aug 2012, 4:19 pm

I,ll see if I can find them dude

DONE
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:05 am

scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf
    That's better!!
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 24 Aug 2012, 6:16 pm

From The Guardian

Swansea eased to victory over Queens Park Rangers last Saturday with their biggest margin of victory in the top flight but West Ham will prove to be more stubborn opposition. Sam Allardyce's side had the best away record in the Championship in 2011-12 and although the 1-0 scoreline may not show it, they dominated an established Premier League side in Aston Villa last weekend. West Ham's newest signing, Matt Jarvis, is expected to go straight into the side but a knee injury will keep Jack Collison out once more, while Chico Flores and Scott Sinclair are doubts for the hosts.

Swansea City v West Ham United FC Swansea-City-v-West-Ham-U-001
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 6:31 pm

how comes they have two number 9s? twist

I dont think they will be playing scott sinclair to be honest. Also, as good as swansea was, QPR were shocking. and swansea still have players to bed in (as do we). We played better away from home last year...all is not lost yet, we can get a point id say!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:33 pm

just wound myself up but looking who the ref is.

Expecting a very tough match, anything other than defeat obviously a bonus.

No Shit
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 25 Aug 2012, 7:35 am

2-1 to the cockney boys WH Flag scarf
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 25 Aug 2012, 9:17 am

just over 4 hours till kick off...

do i stay in bed and try to get some kip or man up and try to stay awake?

thing is... if it all does go horribly wrong down there... is it really the best start to the weekend, getting up at 4am to watch us lose?

Of course not... but who says we're gonna lose?

not me... this is my beloved west ham... I'll never bet against us.

I'm, looking for a classy away victory or a hard fought but well earned draw.
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 25 Aug 2012, 9:40 am

go to bed set the alarm wake up and watch us win 2-1 Smile Swansea City v West Ham United FC 1289607003
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:54 am

got 10/1 on a 2-1 win

scarf
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 25 Aug 2012, 11:46 am

Campo wrote:got 10/1 on a 2-1 win

scarf
    as mr winston says in the advert "Have a Bang on that" Smilescarf
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:12 pm

Team Line ups :
    West Ham United: Jaaskelainen,Demel,Collins,Reid,McCartney,Tomkins,Nolan,Noble,Diame,Jarvis and Cole
    West Ham Subs :Henderson,O`Brien,Diarra,Taylor,Vaz Te,Maynard,Maiga

Swansea City :Vorm,Rangel,Taylor,Chico,Willams,Routledge,De Gusman,Britton,Dyer,Michu,Gramham
    Swansea Subs :Tremmel,Tate,Dobbie,Moore,Agustein,Crower,Davies

Can understand why BFS has dropped Taylor down to the bench and put Jarvis in but Cant Understand why Tomkins comes in for Vaz Te in midfield confu

scarf Got a good feeling about today scarf
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:16 pm

We are away from Home.

That is a counter attacking line up.

Vaz-Te has little or no defensive qualities, whereas, Tomkins can be a defensive holding midfielder and also go up for set pieces.

It's not rocket science really

Last edited by Blakey on Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:25 pm

stupid
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:46 pm

stupid that line up may just w**k
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 25 Aug 2012, 1:14 pm

how many finguck goals are we going to give this lot angry2
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 25 Aug 2012, 1:15 pm

Great start 1-0 fcuk up from the Fin , 2-0 a fcuk up from Ginge . Oh happy days angry2
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 25 Aug 2012, 1:16 pm

WHAT A finguck JOKE !!!!!!!!! FFS TWO GOAL TWO fcuk UPS BY US .... FOR fcuk WEST HAM SORT OUT YOU CUNTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry2 angry2 angry2

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:06 pm