West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
mottinghammer
IronDane
Suzanne Claret
Geezer
8 posters

From football 365.com

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

From football 365.com Empty From football 365.com

Post  Geezer Wed 18 May 2011, 10:28 am

Attention turns to the Hammers, with Fionn Kiely detailing who should be kept and ditched from a squad of failures. First out of the door should be Matty Upson and Kieron Dyer, it seems...

Robert Green
    One of the few in the squad who can look back on the season with a bit of pride having rebounded well from his summer debacle to put in a decent shift behind a terrible defence. In an ideal world there would be no need to replace him but he's one of our more saleable assets and I fully expect him to leave.
    Verdict: Ditch

Marek Stech
    Young keeper with questionable ability. Might be good enough to make the step up but is worth keeping around the squad regardless.
    Verdict: Keep

Ruud Boffin
    Hasn't really done anything to warrant either option really. A bit of a non-event.
    Verdict: Ditch/Keep

Wayne Bridge
    Heading back to Man City after an alright loan spell. Wages of 90k might slightly rule out an extension in the Championship...

Danny Gabbidon
    Past it at this stage to be honest. Simply hasn't been good enough for quite some time and is one of the reasons we've been so poor defensively. Not the main reason mind, just one of many. Wouldn't be the worst to keep on if he took a pay cut however.

James Tomkins
    Probably the defender at the club who showed the most resemblance to an actual defender this season. Has bags of potential and needs an experienced head beside him to learn from and follow. Definitely keep if possible.

Matthew Upson
    Our so-called 'captain'. Shown up this season as anything but. Goes missing when the going gets tough and is no more a captain of a Premier League side than you or I. Typifies why the club are where they're at currently.

Winston Reid
    Could be useful to have as back up in the physical Championship. Showed glimmers of potential but has a lot more to prove. Worth another season.

Julien Faubert
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Manuel da Costa
    Will be very useful to have next season. Strong as you like and reasonably accomplished to boot. If he stays out of prison he'll be very handy to have next season.

Lars Jacobsen
    Worth extending his contract for another year at least. Very solid if unspectacular. Could certainly do a job in the Championship.

Herita Illunga
    Serious issues here from a player who performed so well when on loan but has disappeared once given a permanent contract. Perfect time to try and shift the deadwood in the squad and Illunga is certainly one them.

Kieron Dyer
    Absolute drain on the club and thankfully we'll see the last of him this summer. Contributed the square root of nothing during his tenure and West Ham Football Club certainly won't be sorry to see the back of him.

Scott Parker
    Deserves so much more than we can offer the lad. We've absolutely no chance of holding onto him but he can leave with his head held high. Some club will be getting the consummate professional and an excellent player to boot.
    Verdict: Reluctantly sell

Jack Collison
    Sorely missed over the last 15 months and will hopefully form the nucleus in midfield along with Mark Noble next season. Would be a big coup if we can hold onto both of them as they'd easily be among the best in the league.

Thomas Hitzlsperger
    In an ideal world we'd keep the Hitz but unfortunately relegation has probably put paid to that. He did a decent job since Christmas and would be a fantastic asset if we could hold onto him. Highly unlikely though.
    Verdict: Reluctantly sell

Pablo Barrera
    The fleeting appearances have done little to dispel the notion that Barrera isn't cut out for England.

Luis Boa Morte
    Many may disagree here but I'd keep Boa Morte for the forthcoming season. His footballing ability may have drastically declined over the last couple of years but it's his determination and drive that would be invaluable in the Championship. A much-needed battler in what is a very tough league.

Radoslav Kovac
    Will be off no doubt and apart from the women at the club, not many will be pining for him. Average and limited player - exactly the type we should be aiming to get rid of.

Mark Noble
    If we can hold onto Noble, and it's a big if, he'd be one of most vital players next season. A West Ham boy through and through, if he remains at the club there is no better candidate for captain. Also see above with Jack Collison.

Jonathon Spector
    A major bright spark to a dismal season has been the re-emergence of Spector. An often-derided individual among the fans, he's proved to everyone that he deserves his spot in the side and definitely a player we could do with having next season.

Junior Stanislas
    Would be a useful player to have but not overly impressed by his progress. Neither here nor there to be honest.

Gary O'Neil
    If, and it's a big if, he can recover from his horrific injury, then we should keep the lad without a shadow. However, due to that horrific injury he recently received, we don't have much of a choice in the matter.
    Verdict: Keep-ish

Carlton Cole
    Had plenty of chances at the club but never really proved himself to be the player many believe he can be. Very touch and go about whether we should cash in while we have the chance or try another season. If we can get a reasonable offer I see no real reason to reject.

Freddie Sears
    Done enough to warrant another season to continue his improvement.

Demba Ba
    Sadly after searching for so long for a 15-goal-a-season striker, we get relegated just as we unearth one. Excellent since his arrival and will have plenty of suitors in the Premier League. Would be shocked if we could hold onto him but if we did...
    Verdict: Love to keep but...

Zavon Hines
    When not injured, Hines has shown the extent of his ability and his pace would be crucial in a league where pace is so vital. Could be a very important player next season.

Frederic Piquionne
    Decent shift this season but getting on a bit and not one we should be retaining if we're looking to rebuild the squad.

Victor Obinna
    Doesn't want to be here next season and whilst he can be good on his day, it's no great loss. Back to Inter Milan.

Robbie Keane
    Agent Keane can return to his master safe in the knowledge that he completed his task with aplomb. Not the most popular of individuals around the Boleyn.
    Fionn Kiely

Must say I agree plus we have some good youngsters to blood and get in a couple more fighters with experience in the npower , sorted
    WH Flag
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

From football 365.com Empty Re: From football 365.com

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 18 May 2011, 12:20 pm

Agree with all, apart from:

"Manuel da Costa
    Will be very useful to have next season. Strong as you like and reasonably accomplished to boot. If he stays out of prison he'll be very handy to have next season.
    Verdict: Keep"
    - I have not been a fan of his, far too often he has looked for belly button fluff rather than the man he is supposed to mark, if we can find a replacement I say Ditch him.

"Demba Ba
    Sadly after searching for so long for a 15-goal-a-season striker, we get relegated just as we unearth one. Excellent since his arrival and will have plenty of suitors in the Premier League. Would be shocked if we could hold onto him but if we did...
    Verdict: Love to keep but..."
    - He will have to stay until Jan 12 at the very least as he has alreay played for 2 clubs this season. He was rejected by 3 premiership clubs on fitness grounds. I think we will hold on to him for all of next season.

IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Wed 18 May 2011, 12:29 pm

Agree with all except Stanislas. Him I would like to keep aswell..

I think in regards to DaCosta, when he has played poorly it has been due to his injury. I want to keep him. We need more big lads. preferably also get Samba or someone similar!
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 18 May 2011, 12:34 pm

Samba is too good to drop a division, perversely he is just was the Gooners need, but that French muppet will never go for a player like Samba despite the fact that had he been in their defence this season they may well have piped ManPoo to the title (well at least given them a better fight).
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 18 May 2011, 1:26 pm

Agree with all of that, and would love to have a player like Samba alongside Tomkins to give him the support he has missed this season from our errr captain? angry2 But also agree with suzanne that he is to good to drop down with us.

Will be a major coup to keep Ba and he could be the catylist to provoke Sears into scoring a few more. We also have Nouble who is not on the list, Spence, Brown and a few of the other younger lads who will not need to go on loan to championship clubs as they can now learn their trade at UP!

Major thing is to get the right man in at the top, then we may just hang on to the likes of Noble, Hitzlesberger and co. Unfortunately parker and Green the only real bright sparks this season will be off, just hope GaS have the balls to get the right moeny for them.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 18 May 2011, 3:35 pm

I was impressed with Nouble Motty and did not understand why he was loaned out. I'm sure he will do well for us in the coco-pops.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 18 May 2011, 4:30 pm

Dyer will go, but not so sure about Upson.....He'll probably even take a wage cut when he finds that no-one else is interested in him, and we'll re-sign him last knockings... Sad

Same goes for Cole, I just hope and pray though, that there is some club out there, idiotic enough to think they have what it takes to make the useless twat score on a regular basis.. From football 365.com 3725042725

Not sure about LBM, although he might be a case of needs must

Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Thu 19 May 2011, 12:07 am

I think we should try to sign the scout who spots players like Samba. Whenever we sign one of these unknown players from overseas he is always a one season wonder or a real waster who is in London for a season of gadding about & being the big fish of whatever community he comes from.

How is it clubs like bolton & blackburn are able to spot players that seem to have more to offer than us? They can't be offering that much more money & let's face it they are not signing for the nightlife or scenery. We should be upping our game in that area as it is a realistic marketplace for clubs like us & we should be picking up players like Samba, or the other African guys at Rovers (Nzonzi & Mame Diouf?) who also looks the part, rather than the mercenaries we end up with.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Thu 19 May 2011, 8:26 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:Agree with all, apart from:

"Manuel da Costa
    Verdict: Keep"
    - I have not been a fan of his, far too often he has looked for belly button fluff rather than the man he is supposed to mark, if we can find a replacement I say Ditch him.

"Demba Ba
    Verdict: Love to keep but..."
    - He will have to stay until Jan 12 at the very least as he has alreay played for 2 clubs this season. He was rejected by 3 premiership clubs on fitness grounds. I think we will hold on to him for all of next season.

Su, does that rule apply to regular transfers? I thought it was only loan deals?
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 19 May 2011, 9:03 am

I dont know JK, it was information my newphew said he found out and he's usualy right about this kind of thing. :?:
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 19 May 2011, 9:27 am

I thought it was no more than two clubs in a season, not a calendar year.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Thu 19 May 2011, 9:32 am

Good news if it is. we get to keep him until january & hopefully we will be on the up & he'll want to stay & see it through. A very good striker if played in the right position. Has a good nose for goal & seems to attract the ball when he is around the box. Excellent movement in the box for the goal that Tomkins headed back on sunday. I like his attitude too. We could use that enthusiasm around the young players.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 19 May 2011, 10:10 am

Johnny K wrote:Good news if it is. we get to keep him until january & hopefully we will be on the up & he'll want to stay & see it through. A very good striker if played in the right position. Has a good nose for goal & seems to attract the ball when he is around the box. Excellent movement in the box for the goal that Tomkins headed back on sunday. I like his attitude too. We could use that enthusiasm around the young players.

I agree JK.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Thu 19 May 2011, 4:30 pm

What do people think about Noble? I would love to keep him as he is West Ham thru and thru but think he may get his head turned by other offers. Do you think he will stay?
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 19 May 2011, 4:38 pm

Yes I think he will though not necessarily because he is West Ham through and through but because he will see this as a good chance to become captain and really establish himself back in the first team. He had agood season but the previous one to two was not his best.

The only way he or the club would go is if somebody big come in and I do not think they would and certainly not for £7million plus that would, surely, persuade the owners.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 19 May 2011, 5:13 pm

I don't think that he is finished with West Ham yet......or I sincerely hope not WH Flag
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Thu 19 May 2011, 5:15 pm

Who ?
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 19 May 2011, 5:43 pm

Mark Noble of course Smile
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 20 May 2011, 9:41 am

I think Noble’s progress as a footballer has suffered because he has spent his entire career at West Ham. He has either been in a fight for promotion or against relegation usually in a shit midfield.

I hope he stays and given the choice I think he will, especially if the new manager does this right thing and makes him captain.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:42 pm