West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+17
Kray JR
IronDane
Blakey
Hungry Hammer 66
Dan C
Arran H
TaniaP
alfiehammer
Charlie Ham
mottinghammer
Jiggs
Admin
Suzanne Claret
SemiOldIron
Tony P
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Campo
21 posters

Summer 2013 silly season

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Summer 2013 silly season - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer 2013 silly season

Post  Tony P Tue 03 Sep 2013, 6:57 pm

Sam has already said that he has mellowed over the years. He will welcome RVT back into the fold providing the player's attitude is right. With Carlton Cole back we now have 4 strikers. Not the best 4 strikers admittedly but 4 nevertheless

PS Carlton Cole will need a medical to see how his dodgy knee is IMO
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 03 Sep 2013, 7:31 pm

Tony, Tony, my dear friend ......... You are the most knowledgeable football man I know, I believe in every word you say and type.  However, you typing "With Carlton Cole back we now have 4 strikers" has somewhat dented my enthusiasm in your expertism of the beautiful game.  Adding "Not the best 4 strikers admittedly" is not helping.  

I'm not sure I could take this again. So can I have your assurance that you will never, ever, repeat this within my earshot, or type it anywhere that you know my eyes could see........I'm inconsolable at this present moment in time, but I do lurve you and have forgiven you already. Summer 2013 silly season - Page 9 86123369  Thanks xxx
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:26 pm

The wages issue was a red herring, the FFP isn't in till after this season. I think the Dave's just meant the clubs own wage structure was at its limit-part of their long term plan to secure the clubs future.

It was obvious there would be no major investment after Carroll-a huge sum in wages and outlay-one the Dave's would have never risked unless they had not seen how crucial he is to Sam's system.

The silly money flying about for average over age players Peter Obiwankenobi for example, shows how little quality there is in the bargain basement.

Still be happy with 17th. Last season dizzy heights have been seen before with newly promoted sides-ourselves in the past.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:33 pm

Pleased we've re-signed Carlton. Knows the club inside out and is a much better bet than Maiga, who we should look to sell in January if we can bring in a replacement at that time. Has the right attitude and I'm sure he'll be delighted to be back. He was not dumped by the club, we wanted to keep him but could not agree on wages. Cole has discovered that few will take a chance with his knee but he won't put it under huge duress by being an AC understudy. A good move all round. Vaz Te will also be needed now Downing and Cole are out.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:03 pm

Dan C wrote:Pleased we've re-signed Carlton. Knows the club inside out and is a much better bet than Maiga, who we should look to sell in January if we can bring in a replacement at that time. Has the right attitude and I'm sure he'll be delighted to be back. He was not dumped by the club, we wanted to keep him but could not agree on wages. Cole has discovered that few will take a chance with his knee but he won't put it under huge duress by being an AC understudy. A good move all round. Vaz Te will also be needed now Downing and Cole are out.
    stupid
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:00 pm

So presumably Carlton Cole will be playing for no wages? G&S said we couldn't add to our wage bill unless someone left. Well nobody left on deadline day and we signed nobody. Now suddenly Carlton Cole reappears and (if fit) will be offered a short-term contract

But FFP meant we could not add to the squad. Really?
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:02 pm

There was a small amount left, enough to pay a percentage of a top player's wages while on loan - maybe Carlton's on, say, £20k a week?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:02 am

Seems immaterial now. From Jack Sullivan''s Twitter account

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Cole is not fit enough to offer a contract to. But he's thinking over getting fit with us and improving his fitness. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

IMO it is disgraceful that a player seeking a contract with a new club has let his fitness lapse so badly that any club wishing to take him on would need a period of time (1 month +) to get him fit enough for Premier League football
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:36 pm

Tony P wrote:Seems immaterial now. From Jack Sullivan''s Twitter account

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Cole is not fit enough to offer a contract to. But he's thinking over getting fit with us and improving his fitness. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

IMO it is disgraceful that a player seeking a contract with a new club has let his fitness lapse so badly that any club wishing to take him on would need a period of time (1 month +) to get him fit enough for Premier League football
    Absolutely, the silly sod is so laid back he's virtually horizontal. Time to wake up Carlton, the football gravy train is nearing its final terminus as far as you're concerned. The real world is fast approaching.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 06 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm

Sorry, but that's a big relief for me ............. Summer 2013 silly season - Page 9 1343512671

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 6:33 pm