West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+14
daib0
Jiggs
IronDane
Kray JR
Tony P
RichB
westhamonkey
Campo
Arran H
alfiehammer
SemiOldIron
JulianDicksLeftKnee
mottinghammer
Admin
18 posters

West Ham United FC V Liverpool

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Liverpool

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Sep 2014, 7:11 pm

and now Kayoute limps off with us having used three subs....

so we got to ride out the bus parking with only 10 men...
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Liverpool

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 20 Sep 2014, 7:13 pm

Now the Coyote's injured himself, this is going to be a long ten minutes. West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 1803945174
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 20 Sep 2014, 7:19 pm

OH FUPPIN' BRILLIANT!!!!!!! 3-1 AMALFITANO!!
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 20 Sep 2014, 7:44 pm

Good game, could have gone either way but obviously delighted with the grit and determination we showed and some skill and passing too! West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 1518089606
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Sep 2014, 8:51 pm

RichB wrote:Good game, could have gone either way but obviously delighted with the grit and determination we showed and some skill and passing too! West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 1518089606

"could have gone either way"????????????

we DESTROYED liverpool in the opening ten minutes... I know it was only ten minutes but we literally blew them off the park.

maybe in the second half things looked a little nervy and there was a slight possibility that they would have gotten an equalizer

but the terms 'either way' usually refers to each of the teams being in with a shout of wining and no mater that we'd only heated then twice in the previous 22 attempts... there was not (even in my pessimistically realistic mind) any chance of Liverpool winning today.

Now if only we can have those players fit and allow them to play like they did today then our season is about to take off.

I really hope Sam holds his nerve because if I were Carroll, Cole or Nolan, I'd really be figuring my time is up because those new players we saw today being given a chance to do what they do.... fupping brilliant, each and every one of them.

Kayoute
    Sahko
    Valencia
    Song
    Jenkinson

all were superb

Downing played fantastically (admittedly everyone does against their old club)

It was just an awesome game to watch and just the perfect start.

It was so great to watch players running from box to box WITH the ball (not just scrambling back because we blew a corner of free kick), playing with skill, passion... oh man... if you didn't see the first half of this game you really need to find a bootleg copy because it will kinda wash away so much of the shit we've been subjected to over the past ten years or more...

The stats I saw only had us with 13 shots... 13 shots and three goals... and three good goals too.

Coming off the back of a decent performance (if not result) against Hull... I'm kinda kicking and pinching myself that things might be looking up...

West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 830028484

woo hoo West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 276048800
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 20 Sep 2014, 9:03 pm

RichB wrote:Good game, could have gone either way but obviously delighted with the grit and determination we showed and some skill and passing too! West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 1518089606

jawdrop  NO fupping way could it
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Sep 2014, 9:07 pm

A Big Sam quote I thoroughly agree with...

West Ham United FC ‏@whufc_official
    BIG SAM: "This wasn't Liverpool on an off-day - this was West Ham on a brilliant day which made Liverpool look ordinary." #WHULIV

West Ham United FC ‏@whufc_official
    BIG SAM: "That was an outstanding performance because we outplayed Liverpool, particularly in the first 45 minutes." #WHULIV
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 20 Sep 2014, 9:11 pm

Enjoyed the game , have,nt seen West ham play his well for a long time , no complaint,s , keep Carrol and Nolan away from this team Sam
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 20 Sep 2014, 9:43 pm

It feels strange to have a game where I cant think of anything I need to moan about.

clap clap clap
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sat 20 Sep 2014, 9:44 pm

Fantastic game, love this West Ham team! Long may it continue. Well done all the lads and Big Sam Bow
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 20 Sep 2014, 10:05 pm

Magnificent display from the Hammers.  Any pundit trying to pass it off as anything else is a barsteward and in the wrong job  cheesey grin

Judging by Allerdyce's comments, he's enjoyed himself today.  Time to admit he was wrong about the West Ham Way? Or has he accidentally only just discovered today what it is?

If he changes a winning team for his two love children, he's more arrogant than I first.thought.
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sat 20 Sep 2014, 10:14 pm

Well well done lads, impressive stuff indeed!

Almost up to European places now West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 1626210847
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Sat 20 Sep 2014, 11:44 pm

Have to say a special mention to Kayoute.......I know it's a bit stupid to keep going with an injury but to pull your groin twice in the match and still carry on takes real guts...Especially in the premier league against a team like Liverpool....He clearly didn't want us to go down to 10 men and decided to hobble around for the last 10 minutes.......Well played son, well played! A very good performance, everyone played their part and it was deserved........So chuffed right now!
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Sep 2014, 11:56 pm

stupid
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 21 Sep 2014, 1:18 am

Spectacular Spectacular !!!
    Just home after celebrating a brilliant display, first half was just sheer joy and the overall team spirit and result was sensational.
    I watched the game in a boozer full of plastic paddy bin dippers with my chest puffed out and Claret and Blue surging through my veins and belting out "Over Land And Sea"
    Irons In The Soul
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 21 Sep 2014, 7:54 am

Really enjoyed the game.
    Seeing the faces of the Liverpool players and supporters was priceless.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 21 Sep 2014, 7:59 am

Still cant believe we beat Liverpool 3-1 but to beat them playing in the way we did was superb ! I liked the fact that when we had the ball we didn't panic we took our time to find the right pass etc even when Liverpool players were closing them down ! Kouyate tho what a player - He is like an engine , He never seems to get tired and Credit to him for carrying on as well despite doing hurting groin not once but twice if he carries on playing like he is he could be Hammer of the year come the end of the season !!

And it looks like we could have strikers who could reach the 15+ goal mark in Sakho and Valencia and Zarate !

Also praise must be given to Teddy Sheringham as the goals we are scoring at the moment are class , Last season not one of our players would of tried to shoot outside the box or even try to lob the keeper like Sakho did yesterday in fact I think West ham have scored more goals out side of the box then other team this season so far !
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 21 Sep 2014, 8:29 am

westhamonkey wrote:

that was a beautiful goal by Sahko....

if you're not keeping up... it's 2-0

after watching MOTD a few times (but still not enough times) I have concluded it was intended as a cross rather then a very gifted chip...

A few comments to add. 

1) MOTD (my sole reference these days West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 3953004961  ) was all over the diamond midfield, with Noble holding, song and kayo in the centre and Downing (who they were eulogising over) running here there and everywhere, crossing, creating and passing.AS everyone has said, if Sam changes that and puts Nolan back in just cos he's fit again it would be madness, stupidity and arrogance. 

That said, I don't get why Carroll couldn't play as our number 9 and NOT change this more fluid, ball on deck style of football that paying dividends and much more enjoyable for us fans. I think there is more to Carroll then just to nod down long balls, i'd like to see him given a chance with balls to feet. I think he can do it. 

As great as that win and performance was, lets not get to carried away. West ham never seem to win more then a couple on the spin rather then that outstanding run of tevez inspired for that saw us beat the odds and stay up. I fully expect us to fupp it up royally next week. I hope not, I really enjoyed this weekends 'high'.

IMHO

Last edited by alfiehammer on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more)
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 21 Sep 2014, 3:42 pm

I watched the game live and saw the Sahko goal replayed about 15 times with comms discussing intent versus luck...

From where I sat it was deliberate... when he glanced up before striking he looked towards goal, not towards when're Valencia was running in (but I'll leave it to the player, only he really knows for sure)

What pleased me the most about that goal though was Valencia... we actually had a second attacking playing running right into the one space where he could score if the ball hadn't been so sublimely placed... when have we ever had two attacking forwards?

Oh yeah... McAvennie and Cottee.... a hundred years ago.

Not only that... but in the build up to the goal which was just Sahko and Valencia running at the defense... Valencia was way ahead of the defense.. but cleverly slowed himself down and Sahko (deliberately or otherwise) held onto the ball and didn't play it until Valencia was tucked way back behind the defenders... but then Valencia sprinted forward and was still on the goal line before any of the defenders got back there.

Now THAT my friends, is the kind of intelligent forward play we have been lacking over the years

oh, and if the weekend couldn't get any better...

Spuds just got beat at home and ManUre got stuffed 5-3 by the mighty Leicester!!!!!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 24 Sep 2014, 7:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Fri 26 Sep 2014, 6:44 pm

alfiehammer wrote:

after watching MOTD a few times (but still not enough times) I have concluded it was intended as a cross rather then a very gifted chip...

Totally disagree. He absolutely meant it, in my opinion.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 26 Sep 2014, 6:50 pm

Dan C wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:

Totally disagree. He absolutely meant it, in my opinion.

stupid
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 27 Sep 2014, 1:10 pm

No doubt about it for me ....   It's been too long since we were scoring goals of that caliber, understandably leaving a few hammers in denial.  More please  West Ham United FC V Liverpool  - Page 2 830028484

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 4:42 pm