West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+12
alfiehammer
RichB
Jiggs
Admin
Stevenage Dave
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Blakey
Tony P
Kray JR
SemiOldIron
westhamonkey
Campo
16 posters

That Europa cup thingy

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

That Europa cup thingy - Page 2 Empty Re: That Europa cup thingy

Post  Admin Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:23 pm

You can get the game on here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGz6JnaP7U4
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:44 pm

cheers... I found the youtube link

looks a lot like a practice match being played in front of 35,000 people...

listening to the comms on BBC Radio London, which is about 20 seconds or so behind the youtube link

decent goals... was hoping we'd be four up by now... but it's all going according to plan so far...
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm

Loads of moaning already on social media and other sites FFS half this team are kids and I will say again and again , our U21 like a lot of other teams are no better than league 2 standard, the days of the old West Ham academy are no longer there

for the side out there 2-0 about right at HT
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:52 pm

comms on Radio London saying the crowd is being very respectful and understanding and not getting on the team - so it's mainly the internet trolls having a go...

but like the comms also said, we finished the season very poorly and aren't playing much better against a kinda shitty side... but with the team we have out there it's not surprising... but the result is all that's important.

Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:00 pm

We're trying set moves, we're playing at a high tempo to tire them out, the kids look promising. Only downers are lobbed rather than fired final balls and Randolph a bit iffy on the back passes
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:06 pm

Lee looking a lot trimmer than when he played at the Camrose
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:27 pm

25000 watching online clap
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:20 pm

From what I saw, I'm happy...

Ab Fab support..   That Europa cup thingy - Page 2 1518089606
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:23 pm

I watched most if the game on Youtube and I thought we played pretty well. Zarate, Jarvis and Amalfitano all put in a shift and moved the ball round well. Obviously Sakho got his couple of goals. Oxford, Cullen and Lee all looked pretty confident and had chances to score. I would say that's a great start to the campaign and a good pre-season work out. Lusitanos are not going to score 4 so that's job done and into the next round with no injuries and some youngsters having had a game. I really wonder what some people expect.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:07 pm

Brief report as it is late !!

Randolph - just hope Adrian doesn't get injured. Can't kick. Came for two crosses second half and got nowhere near either of them
    Page - very impressed with this left back. Comfortable on the ball. Got forward well and put some great crosses in. Didn't have much to do in the way of defending so can't judge him on that. Never out of position though
    Burke - Solid at centre back. Went to right back when JOB went off and didn't look out of place
    Tomkins - superb. Never put a foot wrong. Looked the part for the whole 90 minutes
    O'Brien - played very well and got forward when he could. Solid
    Oxford - is NOT a holding midfield player. Poor distribution, caught in possession far too often. Booked for a lunge after an awful first touch. Felt for him and was pleased when he was moved to centre back. Looked accomplished there
    Poyet - a younger version of Noble. Needs to move the ball much quicker
    Amalfitano - when he got involved (particularly with Zarate and Sakho) he looks a class act. An outrageous shot from just inside their half forced their keeper into a good save.
    Zarate - tries to do too much and often ran down blind alleys. Having said that some of his turns and runs were very good. Superb cross for Sakho's opening goal
    Jarvis - started brightly, putting in some great crosses. Flatters to deceive mostly though. Frustrating player
    Sakho - full of energy and worked hard. Missed a sitter of a header from a great JOB cross but made up for it a few minutes later. Was in the right place for his second too

Subs: Josh Cullen (for Joey O'Brien). Diminutive central midfield player who is comfortable in possession, rarely gives the ball away. Likes running at defences and had two good shots - one of which rattled the crossbar
    Elliot Lee - (for Diafra Sakho) - He has good movement off the ball and makes some runs into good positions. Had a couple of chances and should have scored
    Parfait-Williams - wasn't on for long. Looks talented though
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:08 pm

agree Rich and jiggs , a full first team would have resulted in a cricket score , youngsters held their own to about their level, first team boys certainly made a big difference, big clap for young Reece the lad does look good, way above his 16 yrs
    Out of all our kids he looks like the one that can step up a level , Need Slaven to develop him to take over the ageing Ginger Pele
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:12 pm

Campo wrote:agree Rich and jiggs , a full first team would have resulted in a cricket score , youngsters held their own to about their level, first team boys certainly made a big difference, big clap  for young Reece the lad does look good, way above his 16 yrs
    Out of all our kids he looks like the one that can step up a level , Need Slaven to develop him to take over the ageing Ginger Pele
    From what I saw Reece Burke, Josh Cullen and Lewis Page can do that also. Reece Burke already has !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:13 pm

After looking at Tonys post on my grainy feed I may have been mistaking oxford for Burke muttley the one I was looking at was in the back 4
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:23 pm

Campo wrote:After looking at Tonys post on my grainy feed I may have been mistaking oxford for Burke muttley the one I was looking at was in the back 4
     Reece Burke is about 6ft 2ins and white. Reece Oxford is about 6ft and black. Easy to get them mixed up dude !
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:43 pm

good result. job done.

some of the youngsters look pretty ok

good to see SAhko getting in the goals again.

nice to see Morgan get a game and Karate too

hopefully Bilic can continue the good work when he gets his hands on them all.

breaking news is we're about to sign Song on a permanent - I hope it's the Song form the first half of the season.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 03 Jul 2015, 7:44 am

RichB wrote:I watched most if the game on Youtube and I thought we played pretty well. Zarate, Jarvis and Amalfitano all put in a shift and moved the ball round well. Obviously Sakho got his couple of goals. Oxford, Cullen and Lee all looked pretty confident and had chances to score. I would say that's a great start to the campaign and a good pre-season work out.  Lusitanos are not going to score 4 so that's job done and into the next round with no injuries and  some youngsters having had a game.  I really wonder what some people expect.

Nice summary and exactly my thoughts. I've not seen too many such trolls to be honest
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 03 Jul 2015, 8:19 am

Tony P wrote:
    Campo wrote:After looking at Tonys post on my grainy feed I may have been mistaking oxford for Burke muttley the one I was looking at was in the back 4
     Reece Burke is about 6ft 2ins and white. Reece Oxford is about 6ft and black. Easy to get them mixed up dude !

video was that grainy, I could only make out Poyet due to his barnet
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 03 Jul 2015, 8:56 am

"Slaven Bilic showed a lack of respect by not being on the bench," said the Lusitanos coach Xavi Roura, who watched his side lose 3-0 at West Ham. The Hammers had academy boss Terry Westley in charge instead of new manager Bilic, who watched from the stands. (Sky Sports)
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:58 am

Should be more than enough I suppose, just would have liked to go there with 'em already dead and buried and gravestone erected. ( Note to self: -TRY to be more optimistic this season )
    Fair point made about standards of our U21s, such an enormous step up to the first team squad nowadays. The only possible development route for most seems to be loans to lower- League teams, just as well because that's where most will end up. - Anyway, no one fupped up - COYI!!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm

Peeps will say the opposition were poor but it was still a good work out for the team.

It was great to see the back four knocking the ball around on the floor from the start to the end rather than lumping it up to no one as quick as possible.

Another thing evident was that when we had free kicks on the half way line everyone didn't pile in the box waiting for it to be thrown in there, it was played short as quick as possible.

Really enjoyed the game after not making a game for the last 2 years.

Hoping last night was a sign of things to come.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 06 Jul 2015, 12:20 pm

Back fours knocking the ball about on the floor makes me nervous. And frustrated. Uness you are oozng class I'd rather it away from our goal as soon as possible (not hoofing it but good expedition of the ball and quickly. A good midfield will dictate the tempo of a game (or should)
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 06 Jul 2015, 8:23 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Back fours knocking the ball about on the floor makes me nervous. And frustrated. Uness you are oozng class I'd rather it away from our goal as soon as possible (not hoofing it but good expedition of the ball and quickly. A good midfield will dictate the tempo of a game (or should)
     and therein lies the problem that we had last season and - if Bilic picks on sentiment and not ability - we will have again this
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 06 Jul 2015, 9:00 pm

Going by what we have at the moment I would say our midfield would be Noble,Downing,Payet,Song*Kouyate

Obiang if we don't get Song again
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 06 Jul 2015, 9:26 pm

Arran H wrote:Going by what we have at the moment I would say our midfield would be Noble,Downing,Payet,Song*Kouyate

Obiang if we don't get Song again
     We don't need Noble in there if we have Obiang, Song and Kouyate IMO
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 06 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm

I agree with Tony on that, Noble will have to up his game with the new players coming into the middle or will be a bench warmer

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 3:16 pm