West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Man U v West Ham United FC

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Man U v West Ham United FC Empty Man U v West Ham United FC

Post  Admin Sun 13 Mar 2016, 11:00 am

Man U v West Ham United FC Manu%20v%20WH%20cup_zpskfnfwgcu

[size=34]Man Utd v West Ham preview: Juan Mata suspended for hosts[/size]

Manchester United will be looking to make it five home wins in a row when they welcome West Ham United to Old Trafford for Sunday's FA Cup quarter-final.

Although their form has been strong at home, Louis van Gaal's men go into this clash on the back of a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in the Europa League - a game in which they had just one shot on target.

West Ham, who last won the FA Cup in 1980, are enjoying a fine spell of form under Slaven Bilic, winning their last four games in all competitions. 

Team news

Juan Mata will miss the game with through suspension.

Jesse Lingard returns to the United squad having served a ban in the Europa League clash with Liverpool, while Adnan Januzaj and Timothy Fosu-Mensah are available having been ineligible for Thursday's match.

Wayne Rooney (knee), Luke Shaw (leg), Ashley Young (groin/pelvis) and Will Keane (groin) remain absent, but Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson are nearing returns.

West Ham can welcome back Enner Valencia, Victor Moses and Joey O'Brien.

Valencia has recovered from a sprained ankle, Moses is fit after a quad injury and O'Brien has shaken off hamstring trouble

Winston Reid is close to returning after a hamstring problem but the Old Trafford clash is likely to come too soon, while fellow defenders James Tomkins (calf) and James Collins (hamstring) are still injured and Sam Byram is cup-tied.

Opta stats

This is the ninth time these sides have been drawn in the FA Cup - the previous eight have alternated between West Ham progressing twice and United progressing twice.

The Red Devils have progressed the last two times they've faced West Ham in the FA Cup, meaning West Ham would go through if the sequence was to continue.

The Hammers are winless in their last nine trips to Old Trafford in all competitions (D1 L8), since Carlos Tevez's strike kept them in the Premier League on the final day of the 2006/07 season.

Manchester United have lost their last two FA Cup home games against fellow Premier League sides, both by a 2-1 scoreline (Swansea in 2014 and Arsenal in 2015).

West Ham scored as many goals in their last FA Cup away game as they had in their previous 11 in the competition (5).

Louis van Gaal's side were eliminated at this stage last season, to eventual winners Arsenal.

West Ham have reached the quarter-final stage for the first time since 2011, when they were eliminated by eventual runners-up Stoke.

Michail Antonio has scored in his last three appearances for West Ham in all competitions.

Merson's prediction

Oh my God. I have never seen anything like that Man Utd performance against Liverpool on Thursday night. I know it wasn't great at the start of the season but this was different.

Did anybody tell the players it was Liverpool against Man Utd? It is supposed to be the ultimate game in English football, but if you looked at the Man Utd players, you can't tell me they saw it like that.

You felt for their supporters because they know what that match means. Everybody had a bad game but you have to show desire.

After that display, I'd be shocked if United beat West Ham and I'm going for a draw, setting up the last FA Cup tie at the Boleyn Ground. You couldn't handpick a better game with the winner playing at Wembley, and it's all set up for West Ham.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Arran H
    Reserves

Man U v West Ham United FC Empty Re: Man U v West Ham United FC

Post  Arran H Sun 13 Mar 2016, 12:59 pm

Would be great if we could get the Win at Old Trafford and save it having to go to another Replay but not to be easy but I can see us nicking it 1-0 through that Man Antonio !

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 13 Mar 2016, 1:46 pm

I can see a draw and one last FA cup hurrah under the lights at the Boleyn Man U v West Ham United FC 1289607003
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 13 Mar 2016, 3:29 pm

Chelsea are out and now the Gooners are gone

Get through today and we are in with a good chance of some silverware
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 13 Mar 2016, 7:13 pm

Campo wrote:I can see a draw and one last FA cup hurrah under the lights at the Boleyn Man U v West Ham United FC 1289607003
    And you were right.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 13 Mar 2016, 7:17 pm

I too predicted this, but I never said.  Half way there ........
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 13 Mar 2016, 8:11 pm

Think I predicted 1-1 on Predictor and aas a joker.  I'll go check!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 9:41 pm