West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

WHUFC vs Newcastle -- March 1st, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Newcastle -- March 1st, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Newcastle -- March 1st, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 02 Mar 2019, 7:25 pm

and there it goes... the final whistle...

the 2nd half was dire...

but the work was done in the first half...

easy in the end... more thanks to a poor opposition... but we did the job...
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

WHUFC vs Newcastle -- March 1st, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Newcastle -- March 1st, 2019

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 02 Mar 2019, 9:46 pm

Yes the second half as slow and they should have gone all out for a third.

Could not wait for it to finish and get home.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 03 Mar 2019, 6:33 am

Charlie Ham wrote:Yes the second half as slow and they should have gone all out for a third.

Could not wait for it to finish and get home.

to be honest... I'd take boring 2nd halves like this every week of the season rather than the one we had against Palace...

I feel we got a result while not playing too well... wednesday we did a job and lost out to a dodgy ref's decision... both games are better than we've played recently...

Last edited by westhamonkey on Sun 03 Mar 2019, 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to type anything before hitting 'send')
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Mon 04 Mar 2019, 6:35 am

A decent result and at times we played quite Well but doesn`t mater to much our we play as long as we pick up the Points. On a very Postive note it was great to see Lanzini play the whole the game and his link up play with Anderson was at times good as well.

If I was Pellegrini I would for the Cardiff game Start Arnie upfront and have Anderson,Lanzini and Nasri behind him with Rice and Noble sitting behind them 3 and infront of the back four.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 04 Mar 2019, 7:46 pm

Arran wrote:A decent result and at times we played quite Well but doesn`t mater to much our we play as long as we pick up the Points. On a very Postive note it was great to see Lanzini play the whole the game and his link up play with Anderson was at times good as well.

If I was Pellegrini I would for the Cardiff game Start Arnie upfront and have Anderson,Lanzini and Nasri behind him with Rice and Noble sitting behind them 3 and infront of the back four.

don't disagree on the main thrust of your selection... but i've always felt (and still do) that a lone striker never works for us,

so in your selection I'd have noble/Nasri as an 'either or' not both. Noble blows hot and (very) cold and Nasri has been completely anonymous in both of his last two appearances,,,

which means, I'd probably go for something like a...

Arnie + (pick one from Diangana, Chicharito, Antonio or Carroll)

Lanzini, Anderson, Rice + (noble or Nasri - subbed out for Obiang if they don't perform)

Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, johnson (he did pretty good and so long as he's fit, he should be good enough to play against Cardiff -- if he's not fit then either Cresswell or Zabaleta)

and of course there's no doubt - Fabianski in goal.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 04 Mar 2019, 7:57 pm

Bloody hell... I forgot Snoddy... he's been pretty good this season, so he should fit in there somewhere... maybe instead of Anderson or the Noble/Nasri spot

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 4:42 am