West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

2 posters

WHUFC vs Southampton -- May 4th, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Southampton -- May 4th, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Southampton -- May 4th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 04 May 2019, 4:54 pm

to Arran's point...

if Watford lose to Chelsea tomorrow then it's a dogfight next weekend as we go head to head that could see us leapfrog them to 10th...

If Leicester lose their final 2 games (away at Man City then home to Chelsea) then there's the slight possibility we could get 9th place

So it appears that our season placing is kinda dependent on Chelsea...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Southampton -- May 4th, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Southampton -- May 4th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 04 May 2019, 4:56 pm

Final whistle goes... ultimately a comfortable looking 3-0 home win

plenty of those next season please
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Mon 06 May 2019, 7:42 pm

Yeah I get your Point that if you look at the games we`ve lost when having the chance to move into 7th then yeah it`s dispointing that we find ourselves only looking at a Max of 9th place but on the other hand if some one had said we`d be in the top 10 and finishing only 10 points of our record points tally (Of course both depend on us beating Watford) then I would took that any day of the week.

It`s been an pretty decent first season Under Pellegrini and there`s lots of postives to take in to next season from this year-One being the amount of Youth being given chances under Pellegrini.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 07 May 2019, 6:20 am

Arran wrote:Yeah I get your Point that if you look at the games we`ve lost when having the chance to move into 7th then yeah it`s dispointing that we find ourselves only looking at a Max of 9th place but on the other hand if some one had said we`d be in the top 10 and finishing only 10 points of our record points tally (Of course both depend on us beating Watford) then I would took that any day of the week.

It`s been an pretty decent first season Under Pellegrini and there`s lots of postives to take in to next season from this year-One being the amount of Youth being given chances under Pellegrini.

Don't disagree with you at all - although it does feel at times like a game where we were in the lead and then threw away the points (typical West Ham)

but I think over all you are right and we should look at the positives this season not the negatives... we have some good players... some great young players and a manager who seems to be getting it right more often than he gets it wrong...

Hopefully next season will be an improvement and that can only be a good thing.
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Tue 07 May 2019, 9:53 am

Yeah and also lets not forget he did take over an average squad last Summer and brought in Some good players but hopefully now he has seen what the squad is capable of we may see alot more players leave then come in this year as Pellegrini really stamps his mark on the squad and has the players he wants in it and not players he`s inherited from past managers.

It`s nice because we now have a Manager who wont accept average players coming in - he wants good players who will help us achieve that Top 7 finish year on year.
    If we can keep injuries to a minimal next year and get Arnie staying and back to his best we could have a strong team especially when the likes of Lanzini and Yarmlenko are fully fit alongside a on form Arni and Anderson.

We just need one or two decent strikers who can stay fit and can reach 15+ goal mark etc.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 09 May 2019, 6:29 am

Yeah...

We should have 2 or 3 players scoring in the double digits if we want to get anywhere... yes, strikers are supposed to net the majority... but we need the midfield to contribute as well.

Seeing the back of Carroll will be a good thing.

I'd forgotten what Yarmolenko was like...

Can Wilshere keep fit enough to be a contributor or is he another Carroll?

Can Anderson find a way to put in maximum effort every game... not just the occasional 20 minute stretch like he currently does?

Who can we get to be a real midfield general?
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Fri 10 May 2019, 7:50 pm

To be Honest I might get stick for this but I think we have missed a Kouyate type player this year alongside Rice and Noble.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 9:08 am