West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

WHUFC vs Newcastle -- November 2nd, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Newcastle -- November 2nd, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Newcastle -- November 2nd, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 02 Nov 2019, 4:32 pm

even the offish is saying Yarmo went off for Lanzini... so maybe it's just the comms that are doing my head in...

70 minutes gone and there's honestly nothing to report... we gave up long before the whistle went and show not the slightest interest in even trying to get anything from this game...

it's so baffling... has the manager lost the dressing room? he certainly has no idea about tactics and certainly can't motivate the team to even put in a performance...

but even if that's true... why are none of the players putting in even the most basic of performances?

Zabaleta comes off and Fredericks come on...

and guess what????
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Newcastle -- November 2nd, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Newcastle -- November 2nd, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 02 Nov 2019, 4:33 pm

we scored...

Anderson took the corner... keeper dives and gets a hand to it but the ball hits Balbuena on the knee and goes into the net...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 02 Nov 2019, 4:34 pm

15 minutes to go... WHUFC vs Newcastle -- November 2nd, 2019 - Page 2 276048800
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 02 Nov 2019, 4:45 pm

5 minutes left...

it's no less embarrassing, frustrating, annoying...

we could score twice more in the final 5 and still not win... still be absolutely shite...

at least Newcastle aren't bringing on Carroll... that would really be adding insult to the injury-prone...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 02 Nov 2019, 4:47 pm

oh shit... Carroll IS coming on...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 02 Nov 2019, 4:50 pm

and Carroll DOES make a difference...

Snoddy volley from just inside the penalty area...

2-3

90 minutes gone...

I mean... who the fupp cares....

except there's 5 minutes of stoppage time... not sure where that came from (the goal or the 5 minutes) unless the Ref got so bored he nodded off halfway through the second half...

what a shitshow...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 02 Nov 2019, 4:56 pm

the 5 minutes is up...

as the comms says "don't be fooled by the scoreline" - exactly... the scoreline flattered us... totally disguised what an absolute pile of shit we were... are...

where do we go from here?
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 03 Nov 2019, 9:45 am

westhamonkey wrote:

The Championship
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 03 Nov 2019, 5:43 pm

Blakey wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

The Championship

on this string of performances, on this week-in week-out 'putting it right' or 'making up for poor performances' I think you'd have to be delusional to see us anywhere else this time next year.

Yes, there's plenty of time to turn the ship around... but there's been nothing since Oxford that displays even the slightest evidence of anyone at the club being able to actually make any improvements...
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 05 Nov 2019, 9:08 pm

I was so disgusted at that performance that I left with half an hour to go.  I'd been to work that morning, got soaked to the skin in a massive downpour on my way in.....Still raining when I came out so topped up on the earlier soaking.  Got home, my flat was warm and welcoming, I could easily have stayed put.  But no, off I go, in a dry coat and it's still spitting with rain. Arrived at my seat, after the 25 minute walk from the station, and 5 minute climb, gasping as usual for breath, and cold from the wind and rain. So as I said before, I left with 30 minutes to go......I'd done my bit West Ham, so why the fupp can't you?

I'd blamed Roberto for at least two of their goals, but he did actually make a few saves, barring which would have made it totally more humiliating. The team, except for Snoddy were just lazy, strolling about, without a care, passing the ball backwards and sidewards mostly. That's why we had more possession by the way.  I don't remember ever seeing us suck this much, but I'm sure someone could remind me of games passed.

But the biggest blame must go to the manager.......He has not got a scooby.  He said afterwards he's "angry & upset" with his sides "unacceptable" performance and that he had no idea why we played so badly................take a look at yourself you nob, and while you're at it, put a comb through your hair 

We should have a settled back four by now. I know Balbuena scored, but he shouldn't be playing cos you feel sorry for him.  It was unfortunate he lost his place through injury, but now has to earn it back.  Then as much as we all love Zabba, he made Maximin look twice as good as he is.  Haller needs a partner, Ajeti says he's up for that. 3scared  Noble needs substituting at half time, Rice is good, but he can't carry Noble for 90 minutes. Fredericks and Ogbonna should have started. 

Finally, I had to put up with that wanker Shearer drooling over how good Newcastle were..........they weren't, we were fupping shit!
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 06 Nov 2019, 7:16 pm

Jiggs is right the manager needs to take a lot of the blame.

I went Saturday and I'm wondering why. If the player's can't turn up then why should I.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 06 Nov 2019, 9:28 pm

glad the both of you turned up... been a long time since I got to see a game in person... at least I do my suffering from the comfort of the living room couch.

honestly I'm as bemused as you both as to how the people responsible can't seem to realize their own part in the proceedings.

How can the manager be 'surprised' at the performance of the players? He works with them every day... it's not like this was a one off... we've been this shit for at least 5 or 6 games... even when we had the chance to go to the lofty heights of 3rd in the table it was more a case of other tams dropping points and us getting lucky results than us actually playing good football.

How Noble keeps getting picked is way beyond me at this point... when even the diehards like Jiggs call for his substitution you know something's not right.

I thought Balbuena was actually a decent idea given how poor we've been at the back but Zab is too old, too slow... Ogbonna might be a squeaky bum even time the ball comes at us... but he's always up there when we take a corner - and we've missed that part of his game.

It does show how much we value Fabianski... when we're under the cosh, he keeps us in games and allows us to escape with a point or maybe squeak out three... something Roberto doesn't seem able to do at the same level (although he was both responsible for conceding goals and also stopping a deluge this time out)

Ultimately there's two things wrong and both are illustrated by a total lack of performance (no point breaking out pace, commitment, etc... just call it all performance)

The players... no matter how shit your boss, not matter how shit your colleagues, no matter whether you love them or hate them... YOU are in control of how you turn up for work... YOU determine whether you commit or just sit. No one should ever be able to determine that for you.
    SO I heap a lot of the blame on the players both individually and as a team because their woeful performances of late are honestly their own fault... THEY have the power to change that and singularly and collectively refuse to do so.

Sure... they can hide behind poor tactics, poor team selectness, baffling substitutions, etc... but none of that ultimately controls how they play themselves... that is down to them and for whatever reason, eleven players week in week out choose not to perform.

And then there's the manager... if he's surprised by the performance, does that mean the players are completely different during the week in training?
    I find that very hard to believe... but even if that were the case... does the manager not watch the games?
    We've been shit for several games... shit in exactly the same way... so even if every player on the roster put in a blinder every day at training... you still have the ultimately most important and damning evidence to base your job on - the way the players perform week in week out against other teams.

The manager is surprised... the players talk of the need to do better, to put things right... but NONE of them actually do... none of them seem even the slightest bit interested or bothered by what they serve up on the pitch.

That's the bit that hurts and insults the most the rain soaked Jiggs, or the Charlie, or the me sitting on the couch at 4:30 in the morning...
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Fri 08 Nov 2019, 7:57 pm

It will never happend but we need to set up similar to what Leicester do and give the younger players such as Johnson,Silva etc a run in the team. I just think a few of our "Star" players such as Anderson etc know that they are more then likely going to always start regardless of how they are playing. Pellegrini needs to start being brave and dropping key players to give them that massive kick up the backside they need.
    I`m not worried just yet as still got plenty of games to turn our season around and we are still only 4 points of the top 6 so we`re still in with a shout of our target of a european spot if we can just found our early season form again.

My team for the Burnley game would be in a 4-4-2 formation:
    Roberto
    Federicks
    Diop
    Ogbonna
    Masuaku
    Snodgrass
    Rice
    Noble(c)
    Yarmolenko
    Ajeti
    Haller

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:39 am