West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Carlton Cole

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Carlton Cole Empty Carlton Cole

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 21 May 2012, 7:26 pm

Not quite sure how to take his tweets. He has been very good about West Ham being and feeling like home. Since Saturday his tweets are all along the upbeat line, and "secrets" like the injury he has been playing with. But strangely he has also chose now to talk about last summer with this tweet

i was literally driven to stoke but thats a story that stays where it is i never asked or wanted to go ... #nothingagainststoke -- Carlton Cole (@CarltonCole1)

My question is, is CC really happy here, surely he now understands why the club were willing to sell him (and most of us offered to drive him anywhere to get rid of him!). And if he understands that then is that the best way to show the fans how the club wanted to treat him? I think he could have kept that quieter or at least tweeted it better.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Carlton Cole Empty Re: Carlton Cole

Post  Tony P Mon 21 May 2012, 9:54 pm

He has gone up in my estimation since reading this article today

West Ham striker Carlton Cole has revealed that he accepted his wages being halved upon the Hammers' relegation from the Premier League a year ago.

The forward's salary was reportedly cut from £28,000 to £14,000 a week after the Londoners dropped into the Championship and his loyalty was further tested when he had the chance to return to the top flight with Stoke City.

The former Chelsea man helped West Ham return to the Premier League at the first time of asking after scoring the opening goal in Saturday’s Championship play-off final victory over Blackpool at Wembley.

“I’ve kept my mouth shut for quite a while but I did take a wage cut to stay in the Championship. Half of my wages just went,” Cole told reporters after the match.

“But I thought: ‘You know what? I want to help this club get back where we belong.’

“I didn’t want to leave the ship, I am that sort of guy. I would not have been able to live with myself.

“It is just such a reward to get to the Premier League again with West Ham at the first time of asking. This was D-Day for all of us.

“I can’t explain how proud as a player, person and family man I am to be here.”

Cole confirmed that he is yet to enter discussions over a new deal at Upton Park but is excited to tackle top-flight defences again next season.

“No contract talks have been planned but we will see what happens,” he said.

“I have a year left and we will see where that takes us. Hopefully both sides will be happy that I sign a new contract.

“I am here to help West Ham and if they want a relegation clause then I am happy to have it. You can’t be on Premier League wages in the Championship.”
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 22 May 2012, 8:31 am

I think he is just being honest Stuart – letting us know that unlike a lot of footballers (NRC) he was willing to take a pay cut and stay at the club. Gone up in my estimation to Tony.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 22 May 2012, 10:00 am

He's still shit though
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 22 May 2012, 12:43 pm

That is an underlying truth Blakey! Finishes top scorer again but how is what I can't w**k out.

His confidence is the big issue-and it is not consistent enough.

And Su, yes honesty is good but my question is why say it now? And the wages halved story being relayed to the fans earlier may have gave him the fans support earlier and therefore confidence.

I hope we get something better next season because its a lottery going with CC-one we can't afford to lose and Sam's system ain't gonna change.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 22 May 2012, 7:56 pm

cheesey grin tree's latest one

certain people in the game told me i was mad to stay at west ham when we got relegated last season haha ha up yours ... i love it here

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm