West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Carlton Cole - The big interview

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Carlton Cole - The big interview Empty Carlton Cole - The big interview

Post  Tony P Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For some reason I cannot C&P from the offishul Sad
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Carlton Cole - The big interview Empty Re: Carlton Cole - The big interview

Post  mottinghammer Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

Read it on there, the tree would be a real star if he could just turn his undoubted talent on motre often, still don't think he has actually scored more than one gaol in a game for us. Still think our best bet at the moment is him with baldrick, cant see him scoring another 10 goals this season so it will be next before he breaks into the top 20! cheesey grin
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 18 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

Oh I dunno Motts....Surely he got more chance this season in the chumps? Suspect
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 18 Jan 2012, 2:32 pm

Jiggs wrote:Oh I dunno Motts....Surely he got more chance this season in the chumps? Suspect

He SHOULD have more chances this season Jiggs, but unfortunately without Taylor in the side we have nobobdy who can actually cross a decent ball into the box. We have plenty who can hoof it from deep into a general area around the box (O'Brien, McCartney, Faubert, Reid) but nobody who can actually get to the byline and cross a ball. Bentley should have been one of them with Taylor on the left. In addition we have no creativity in our midfield. Cole has to make his own chances mostly and he has done well so far
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 18 Jan 2012, 3:48 pm

mottinghammer wrote:Read it on there, the tree would be a real star if he could just turn his undoubted talent on motre often, still don't think he has actually scored more than one gaol in a game for us. Still think our best bet at the moment is him with baldrick, cant see him scoring another 10 goals this season so it will be next before he breaks into the top 20! cheesey grin

He scored twice in the 4-0 win over Man Utd in the Carling Cup 1/4 Finals Last season Smile
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 18 Jan 2012, 3:54 pm

I stand corrected. I would have hoped that Lansbury would give us a bit more invention than he appears to, and Collison as well. We are creating chance according to reports and BFS, but not converting them. I can see why with Piquiioneee or Carew but now with our natural first selection available, Cole and Baldrick, I would like to see a few more converted.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 18 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

mottinghammer wrote:I stand corrected. I would have hoped that Lansbury would give us a bit more invention than he appears to, and Collison as well. We are creating chance according to reports and BFS, but not converting them. I can see why with Piquiioneee or Carew but now with our natural first selection available, Cole and Baldrick, I would like to see a few more converted.

I totally agree Motty. I have been very disappointed in him. He had a great debut then went rapidly downhill from there. Notwithstanding his injury he seems to give too many free kicks away and give the ball away a lot. Nothing like the player I saw playing for the England U21's earlier in the season

Sad
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 18 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Oh I dunno Motts....Surely he got more chance this season in the chumps? Suspect

He SHOULD have more chances this season Jiggs, but unfortunately without Taylor in the side we have nobobdy who can actually cross a decent ball into the box. We have plenty who can hoof it from deep into a general area around the box (O'Brien, McCartney, Faubert, Reid) but nobody who can actually get to the byline and cross a ball. Bentley should have been one of them with Taylor on the left. In addition we have no creativity in our midfield. Cole has to make his own chances mostly and he has done well so far

Oh how we miss Taylor....Just posted up a video in West Ham V Notts Forest in match reports....His cross for one of the goals was pure quality.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:11 pm