West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+14
SemiOldIron
Campo
westhamonkey
mottinghammer
Suzanne Claret
Kray JR
Johnny K
Charlie Ham
Jiggs
Admin
Sir Ian
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Blakey
Hungry Hammer 66
18 posters

The Fat Controller Has To Go

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

The Fat Controller Has To Go - Page 4 Empty Re: The Fat Controller Has To Go

Post  Jiggs Fri 31 Aug 2012, 3:24 pm

Oh, and would you let them know where we are please.....the other forum closed and they may be pining and searching in the wilderness for us Laughing
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 3:35 pm

Jiggs wrote:Oh, and would you let them know where we are please.....the other forum closed and they may be pining and searching in the wilderness for us Laughing

on It
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 31 Aug 2012, 4:41 pm

Sam's not Northern either, he is from the Midlands.

Just saying like.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 31 Aug 2012, 5:38 pm

Blakey wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:
    Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:
    Blakey wrote:
    Suzanne Claret wrote:It's heart warming to see how happy you are with our new signing Long Leg
    [rand][/rand]

I can think of more apt emotes for our friend from the Emerald Isle.

However.....................

happy, fuckin happy,
    We have just put the ugly icing on the fuckin ugly cake and subsequently will see us playing fuckin Millwall on a regular basis as THE DIZZY DAVES AND THEIR GIMP, "THE FAT CONTROLLER" have completed their well documented, antiquated vision and version of the game that has been left behind as redundant by the rest of football.

I have to admire you HH66, you're not afraid of swimming against the current, are you? I'm no great admirer of Carrol myself, but I am at least prepared to wait and see how he performs for us before starting on him. In the Premier League table there is no such thing as an ugly point, and Carrol might just get us a few.

You seemed quite happy with the news earlier, about 20 minutes earlier. How fickle fans are these days The Fat Controller Has To Go - Page 4 Mini-wink-glasses

SemiOldIron wrote:
    Hell's bells! I thought all the talk about Carrol was just a bit of posturing by the club TBH. I'm happy that it's a loan, if he does turn out to have a plonk problem as rumoured then we have an exit.
    There we are then, last gasps of the window and we get a viable new strike force just like that, you have to take your hat off to GAS and BFS, they really do know how this business works. clap scarf

I think perhaps our Oirish friend would find more like minded people on KUMB.

Ahh, Blakey - the all-seeing eye!! You're like that giant eyeball on stilts in Lord of the Rings , mate!

To confirm, I do applaud the management for producing a viable (IMHO) strike force combination of Jarvis and Carroll at the last knockings of the transfer window when we appeared to be stuck with what we had last season. Seems to suggest route-one football but it might very well w**k, and I'm certainly not expecting samba-style football this season.

I do have misgivings about Carroll, the Mousers seem desperate to unload him, and there are rumours that it's not to do with his performance on the pitch. But he's ours now for a year at least, and if he scores goals, wins us points and doesn't cause any aggro, he can do what he likes in his own time. He might be fantastic, he might be a huge disappointment, but there's no point slagging him off before he's even kicked a ball for us.

And I hope HH66 stays with us, he's a Hammer, FFS, even if he disagrees with everyone about how we should be playing.If BFS's "ugly and outdated" football gives us safety and a mid-table position it will be interesting to see if he can bring himself to admit that he was wrong in prophesying doom.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 31 Aug 2012, 9:32 pm

It's taken time but I'm very happy with the daves and Brady. Sam i was pleased with in the coco pops and really he did a good job getting us up. Time will tell in the prem but he's got a very long period of grace in my mind
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sat 01 Sep 2012, 1:38 am

SemiOldIron wrote:
    Ahh, Blakey - the all-seeing eye!! You're like that giant eyeball on stilts in Lord of the Rings , mate!

That's what happens when you w**k late and come on here. You just read post after post after post and they remain fresh in your mind.

As for the "Route One Football" that would negate the midfield and the wide players would it not?

If that is what you believe BFS will be serving up for the remainder of the season, please explain Matt Jarvis and Yossi Benayoun?

I do not believe that "Hoofball" or "Route One" football consists of getting the ball out to the wide men, who will then run with the ball at their feet down the touch line, to such a point where by they can trick the respective full back into giving them enough room to whip in a cross to the edge of the 6 yard box, where our tall strikers will be waiting to head the ball into the back of the net, or nod down for the attacking midfielder or second, (support), striker to tap it in.

Or is that just me?
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 01 Sep 2012, 4:42 am

Blakey wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:

That's what happens when you w**k late and come on here. You just read post after post after post and they remain fresh in your mind.

As for the "Route One Football" that would negate the midfield and the wide players would it not?

If that is what you believe BFS will be serving up for the remainder of the season, please explain Matt Jarvis and Yossi Benayoun?

I do not believe that "Hoofball" or "Route One" football consists of getting the ball out to the wide men, who will then run with the ball at their feet down the touch line, to such a point where by they can trick the respective full back into giving them enough room to whip in a cross to the edge of the 6 yard box, where our tall strikers will be waiting to head the ball into the back of the net, or nod down for the attacking midfielder or second, (support), striker to tap it in.

Or is that just me?

well said bus dude Smile clap
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:10 am

Sir Ian wrote:
    Blakey wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:

Or is that just me?

well said bus dude Smile clap

Indeed, well said :party:
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:11 pm

Blakey wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:

Or is that just me?

Fair enough, Blakey, point well made. I should have said "direct" because that's what I meant {I think).

Anyway, I'd be on a hiding to nothing arguing about routes with a bus driver wouldn't I? Very Happy
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 01 Sep 2012, 2:37 pm

cheesey grin
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Sat 01 Sep 2012, 4:20 pm

I'm loving this ugly hoof-ball football the fat controller has us playing!

3-0 to the cockney boys and not a long ball in sight!

Time to wake and smell the coffee people, the football Sam had us playing today was lovely egypt WH Flag
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:39 pm

Can't wait to see this football on MOTD tonight Smile
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:57 pm

Blakey wrote:I'm sorry mate, but your talking total knee jerk reactionary bollicks.

Di Canio would do nothing but send us back down to the Championship where our current financial plight would explode and the club could well disappear in a cloud of claret and blue smoke.

Swansea play the way they do because they've practiced it for years, it started with Martinez and has just continued. They don't need big name players. They sign players that can adapt and adopt their style.

I didn't notice much Hoof It Up either. I did notice Jussi throwing the ball out and the back four playing it forward to the midfield, out to the wing and Jarvis putting crosses into the box. If that's your definition of Hoof It Up well, I dispare.

I did notice that we were out played, we made school boy errors and generally had a bad day at the office.

That's football, it happens. Have a moan, have a pint, go the chippy and go home. It'll be another game next weekend and who knows what'll happen then.

3-0 and a good performance emot
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

HOOFBALL? WELL fcuk OFF COS IT AINT EVEN CLOSE!!! COYI WH Flag WHUF scarf
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:49 am

Based purely on the short footage on MOTD- I thought we looked really good. I can certainly live with that kind of football this season

HH- welcome to the forum mate, u certainly given me an interesting thread to read.

Blakey- I am short on time but I will be returning to discuss your comments on curbs and MoN hatsoff
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:13 am

alfiehammer wrote:Based purely on the short footage on MOTD- I thought we looked really good. I can certainly live with that kind of football this season

HH- welcome to the forum mate, u certainly given me an interesting thread to read.

Blakey- I am short on time but I will be returning to discuss your comments on curbs and MoN hatsoff

I never mentioned Curbs and I have no beef with him at all. He does what is needed at the time. If you cast your mind back we couldn't buy a win and were leaking goals like QPR prior to Curbs taking control. Under him we may not have played the most exciting football but we stopped shipping goals and won the odd match or 9.

MoN is a totally different matter. I see he's been given money at Sunderland and is spending it as frivolously as ever. I thought we were mugged for Jarvis. Wolves mugged, rolled over and butt fucked MoN for Fletcher.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

Ah, so then we DO have the same view on curbs. I thought I saw a comment on curbs earlier on in this thread that was a bit anti curbs. I stand corrected.

I thought fletcher looked very good for Sunderland so far and I do rate him, but £12 million was a bit steep. That said if wolves don't need to sell and can set high prices and teams are stupid enough to pay them then more fool the teams and good on wolves.

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:52 pm

I made an anti Curbs comment in relation to Mark Nobel.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:23 pm

I'll ALWAYS make an anti-Curbs statement... couldn't stand him as our manager emot
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:28 pm

I am also anti-curbs, they are a nightmare in a wheelchair.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 11:46 am