West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
Jiggs
Chas Hammer
Charlie Ham
SemiOldIron
RichB
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Campo
Arran H
alfiehammer
Admin
14 posters

West Ham v Wigan

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

West Ham v Wigan  - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham v Wigan

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:40 pm

Well 4-1.

rofl What a mighty squad we have.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 26 Sep 2012, 8:00 am

Seems Big Sam ain't too happy either , he says they couldn't defend a fish supper and he was well embarrassed watching that pish
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

that good to hear geezer, remember the time when no matter how shite we were all we used to get was nice nicities and positives. Sometimes as a fan you want the manager to turn around and say "yes, we are shit. sorry. we'll w**k on it"
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:35 pm

Let's hope they w**k hard enough on it to turn it around in time to make a difference on Monday night at Loftus Road. COYI!!
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Wed 26 Sep 2012, 2:46 pm

There wont be many from last night playing Monday though will there.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 26 Sep 2012, 3:01 pm

Sams commenst about people knocking on his door wont have so much to say were interesting...as jarvis was one of those sitting on the bench behind taylor recently does thta mean our record signing is already in the dog house?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 26 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

Could be a case of Sam wants to bring him back slowly after that latest injury
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 26 Sep 2012, 7:45 pm

alfiehammer wrote:that good to hear geezer, remember the time when no matter how shite we were all we used to get was nice nicities and positives. Sometimes as a fan you want the manager to turn around and say "yes, we are shit. sorry. we'll w**k on it"

that was not that long ago, even though the team performance was utter dross, both grant and Zola used to come out with it yawning

"we played well we just didnt get the luck we deserved.. blah blah blah blah blah blah usual excuses

that shit used to wind me up more than the defeat
    i dont believe in managers coming out and slating an individual players, but i see nothing wrong with the whole team being given a public bollocking , Viking
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 26 Sep 2012, 9:48 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Think I'll have an early night dudes......Maybe I'll wake up to a nice surprise Rolling Eyes

Night all x

Try to concentrate on the football, please. Very Happy

I do. cheesey grin It's only the B side losing in cup games that makes my mind wander to better things tramp

As for the game......No comment.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:32 am

alfiehammer wrote:
    Sams commenst about people knocking on his door wont have so much to say were interesting...as jarvis was one of those sitting on the bench behind taylor recently does thta mean our record signing is already in the dog house?

I wasn't there and can only go from the radio commentary, but it sounded like Jarvis was doing his job,i.e. slinging in crosses, just no-one making anything of them. Am I mistaken?
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:41 am

alfiehammer wrote:
    as jarvis was one of those sitting on the bench behind taylor recently does thta mean our record signing is already in the dog house?

That is the sort of conclusion a Sun journalist would come to.

Admin's reply nails it on the head though

Admin wrote:Could be a case of Sam wants to bring him back slowly after that latest injury

I wasn't able to watch / listen / follow this game. However, I did see the team sheets and at the time thought that the team Sam put out would allow any of the fringe players to shine. When I got the 1 - 0 text I thought they are doing the bizz, here we go. At 1 - 3 I knew it was all over. The next question was which of the fringe players stood out. Not many it seems.

At least now Sam knows what he has at his disposal and can take the necessary action required to either improve what he has got. He is also probably now more aware of what action needs to be done in the next transfer window.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 27 Sep 2012, 1:49 pm

Damn him for not playing Cole
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 27 Sep 2012, 5:28 pm

I had a bad feeling about the game from the day before - it is extremely rare that I feel as though I can't be bothered to go to a game but I'd paid my tenner so I went. I was expecting, and was welcoming, wholesale changes to see how our fringe players would step up to the plate. Well, they didn't. Maiga's only service came from Wigan's James McArthur who set him up for a well-taken goal. Best throughball we played all game. Spence should have done much more to stop the cross going in for the first and Tomkins inexplicably stopped and let the cross run through for Boselli to score. The type of ball Reid has been clearing for fun this season, but nevertheless a ball that should never have been allowed into our box in the first place.

Ramis (of all people, seeing as we nearly signed the bloke in pre-season) was allowed to wander 40 yards before picking his spot. Should have been closed down, 'keeper could have done better. McCartney played Boselli onside for the third and Henderson shouldn't have gone to ground for the penalty.

I, and certainly Big Sam, learnt a lot from the game. Tomkins didn't do enough to dislodge Collins or Reid, who have conceded the same number of goals in 5 games as Tomkins did in one - same goes for Henderson with Jaaskelainen. And O'Neil. Spence was OK but I don't think he's going to make it in the top flight. Potts would have learnt a lot. Jarvis wasn't given the ball because the Wigan right-back and, later, the left-back followed him round the pitch, meaning no-one could pass to him. Vaz Te was pish. Hall, however, was a highlight - very exciting prospect, worked hard, took players on, has confidence and a good strike on him. Would be good to see him get more Prem experience from the bench in the coming months.

I was pretty annoyed Tuesday night. The next morning, I calmed down and considered it wasn't the first team, and what we really want this year is Prem survival. Today I am just hoping that complacency doesn't set in to the first team after their back-ups, on Tuesday's evidence at least, proved they are not good enough to replace them. I hope the spirit and professionalism in the camp is such that this need not be a worry.

For Monday, I would keep the goalkeeper, defence and midfield the same as it has been of late in the league. My front three would be Maiga flanked by Jarvis and Taylor, with Yossi to come on as needed.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 27 Sep 2012, 7:44 pm

Son No 1 went to this game and has told me that Spence and Potts were caught out of position time and time again. Potts was played at centre back in the first half and was hopeless.Tomkins was trying to cover but ended up in no man’s land and McCartney was just too slow, Vaz-Te did his usual and did not help the right back and Noble and O’Neil were as creative as my big toe. People were cheering when the ball was passed to Jarvis who seem to have been starved throughout the game. Maiga he said looked OK.
    Best hope we don't have a number of injuries.

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm

Dan C wrote:I had a bad feeling about the game from the day before - it is extremely rare that I feel as though I can't be bothered to go to a game but I'd paid my tenner so I went. I was expecting, and was welcoming, wholesale changes to see how our fringe players would step up to the plate. Well, they didn't. Maiga's only service came from Wigan's James McArthur who set him up for a well-taken goal. Best throughball we played all game. Spence should have done much more to stop the cross going in for the first and Tomkins inexplicably stopped and let the cross run through for Boselli to score. The type of ball Reid has been clearing for fun this season, but nevertheless a ball that should never have been allowed into our box in the first place.

Ramis (of all people, seeing as we nearly signed the bloke in pre-season) was allowed to wander 40 yards before picking his spot. Should have been closed down, 'keeper could have done better. McCartney played Boselli onside for the third and Henderson shouldn't have gone to ground for the penalty.

I, and certainly Big Sam, learnt a lot from the game. Tomkins didn't do enough to dislodge Collins or Reid, who have conceded the same number of goals in 5 games as Tomkins did in one - same goes for Henderson with Jaaskelainen. And O'Neil. Spence was OK but I don't think he's going to make it in the top flight. Potts would have learnt a lot. Jarvis wasn't given the ball because the Wigan right-back and, later, the left-back followed him round the pitch, meaning no-one could pass to him. Vaz Te was pish. Hall, however, was a highlight - very exciting prospect, worked hard, took players on, has confidence and a good strike on him. Would be good to see him get more Prem experience from the bench in the coming months.

I was pretty annoyed Tuesday night. The next morning, I calmed down and considered it wasn't the first team, and what we really want this year is Prem survival. Today I am just hoping that complacency doesn't set in to the first team after their back-ups, on Tuesday's evidence at least, proved they are not good enough to replace them. I hope the spirit and professionalism in the camp is such that this need not be a worry.

For Monday, I would keep the goalkeeper, defence and midfield the same as it has been of late in the league. My front three would be Maiga flanked by Jarvis and Taylor, with Yossi to come on as needed.

Agreed but I would start Yossi and bring Taylor on for him if/when he tires
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Fri 28 Sep 2012, 5:22 am

Really hoping that Benayoun and Jarvis both start Monday night
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:07 am

Thanks Dan C. I really enjoyed reading your account of the game.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:14 am

[quote="Blakey"]
    alfiehammer wrote:
    as jarvis was one of those sitting on the bench behind taylor recently does thta mean our record signing is already in the dog house?

That is the sort of conclusion a Sun journalist would come to.

blimey, i was playing devils advocate lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 2:02 pm