West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Charlie Ham
Sir Ian
Admin
alfiehammer
Arran H
Tony P
10 posters

Kieron Dyer on his West Ham "nightmare"

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Kieron Dyer on his West Ham "nightmare" Empty Kieron Dyer on his West Ham "nightmare"

Post  Tony P Sat 29 Sep 2012, 11:44 am

Dyer lifts the lid on West Ham nightmare

Sep 28 2012 By Jacob Murtagh

KIERON Dyer admits his four-year spell at West Ham was the most frustrating of his career – now he's determined to make up for lost time at QPR.

The 33-year-old made just 15 league starts during his injury-ravaged spell at the Hammers before being released when his contract expired in 2011.

Neil Warnock offered Dyer the chance to kick-start his career at Loftus Road, only to suffer a freak foot problem three minutes into his debut which ruled him out for the season.

However, the utility man is back to fitness and played 90 minutes at right-back in Rangers' defeat at Spurs on Sunday.

Dyer is gearing up to face the Irons for the first time since making the switch across the capital in the London derby on Monday night.

And he insists he's hell-bent on putting his miserable stint at the Boleyn behind him.

He said: “It was the most frustrating time of my career. We got relegated and I only played a handful of games.

“I believe that if I got a run of games under my belt and stayed injury-free then I could've helped our cause more.

“It wasn't for a lack of effort. I tried everything physically possible to get on the pitch but it wasn't to be.

“I'm absolutely gutted because it was four years where I never played three games on the trot. If you considered what I went through on a personal level I look back at that with a lot of regrets because it was a case of what if?

“It's a fantastic club with fantastic fans, but I was never on the pitch enough to justify the wages and the fee they paid for me which is very unfortunate.”

West Ham's co-chairman David Sullivan suggested Dyer should retire back in 2010 due to his woeful injury record.

But Dyer refuses to get into a war of words with his former boss, and insists he's not surprised at the flack that came his way.

“That's the way the game is,” he added. “If you're not playing then you are not affecting what can happen for West Ham so you get called every name under the sun.

“Even though the owners came out and said some harsh things about me at the time, I think they've done an incredible job.

"I got on really well with Karen Brady and never will have a bad word to say about anyone at that football club.

“Hopefully I'll play on Monday and if we scored I wouldn't celebrate because I wouldn't want to disrespect the fans at all.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Kieron Dyer on his West Ham "nightmare" Empty Re: Kieron Dyer on his West Ham "nightmare"

Post  Arran H Sat 29 Sep 2012, 1:49 pm

Tony P wrote:Dyer lifts the lid on West Ham nightmare

Sep 28 2012 By Jacob Murtagh

KIERON Dyer admits his four-year spell at West Ham was the most frustrating of his career – now he's determined to make up for lost time at QPR.

The 33-year-old made just 15 league starts during his injury-ravaged spell at the Hammers before being released when his contract expired in 2011.

Neil Warnock offered Dyer the chance to kick-start his career at Loftus Road, only to suffer a freak foot problem three minutes into his debut which ruled him out for the season.

However, the utility man is back to fitness and played 90 minutes at right-back in Rangers' defeat at Spurs on Sunday.

Dyer is gearing up to face the Irons for the first time since making the switch across the capital in the London derby on Monday night.

And he insists he's hell-bent on putting his miserable stint at the Boleyn behind him.

He said: “It was the most frustrating time of my career. We got relegated and I only played a handful of games.

“I believe that if I got a run of games under my belt and stayed injury-free then I could've helped our cause more.

“It wasn't for a lack of effort. I tried everything physically possible to get on the pitch but it wasn't to be.

“I'm absolutely gutted because it was four years where I never played three games on the trot. If you considered what I went through on a personal level I look back at that with a lot of regrets because it was a case of what if?

“It's a fantastic club with fantastic fans, but I was never on the pitch enough to justify the wages and the fee they paid for me which is very unfortunate.”

West Ham's co-chairman David Sullivan suggested Dyer should retire back in 2010 due to his woeful injury record.

But Dyer refuses to get into a war of words with his former boss, and insists he's not surprised at the flack that came his way.

“That's the way the game is,” he added. “If you're not playing then you are not affecting what can happen for West Ham so you get called every name under the sun.

“Even though the owners came out and said some harsh things about me at the time, I think they've done an incredible job.

"I got on really well with Karen Brady and never will have a bad word to say about anyone at that football club.

“Hopefully I'll play on Monday and if we scored I wouldn't celebrate because I wouldn't want to disrespect the fans at all.

clap Well Done Dyer , I hope you stick to your words there ! .
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Kieron Dyer on his West Ham "nightmare" Empty Re: Kieron Dyer on his West Ham "nightmare"

Post  alfiehammer Sat 29 Sep 2012, 2:14 pm

I thought he had previously slagged our medical department off just after he joined qpr? I may be wrong however

Love the fact he admitted he wasn't worth the fee or (considerable) wages, but bet he never took any pay cuts whilst he was on the medical table
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 29 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

I think you right there Alfie about him slagging off our physio team , I remember reading something along those lines a while back , biggest waste of money in WH,s history along with that Swede Lungberg
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 29 Sep 2012, 3:15 pm

To be fair to him it was whoever diagnosed his ongoing injury that he slagged off. They got the diagnosis totally wrong. That would piss me off too

Arran - I would rather he didn't score at all as opposed to scoring and not celebrating !
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 29 Sep 2012, 7:18 pm

fair play said some nice things:)
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 29 Sep 2012, 7:41 pm

Just hope he has a poor game against us.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 29 Sep 2012, 8:15 pm

Wonder why he's taken so long to come out and say something?

Ahhhh yes that - he must be shitting bricks cheesey grin
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sat 29 Sep 2012, 9:41 pm

Hit the nail on the head there Jiggs,
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:25 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Just hope he has a poor game against us.

He has been playing at right back for them in the last couple of games. Let's unleash Matt Jarvis on him !
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 30 Sep 2012, 6:43 am

Tony P wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:Just hope he has a poor game against us.

He has been playing at right back for them in the last couple of games. Let's unleash Matt Jarvis on him !
    I think we will mate, and Jarvis will run him ragged! wine
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:01 pm

I have some sympathy for the bloke, he was a halfway decent player and it wasn't his fault that he got crocked so bad, so his whole career has been a case of "what might have been". I also remember him sponsoring grass roots football back in Ipswich when he was "on the sick". I hope he gets a few years more at the Park Keepers, just as long as he plays shit against us. No good him moaning at GAS for trying to persuade him to retire, it was the cheapest option for them and they had to push it - nothing personal, just business, as they say in the gangster films.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 8:55 am