West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+19
TaniaP
daib0
Dan C
Blakey
Sir Ian
manurewa hammer
Geezer
Abbi Normal
Nicki
Suzanne Claret
Tony P
Jiggs
Charlie Ham
alfiehammer
mottinghammer
SemiOldIron
Cochese
Admin
Campo
23 posters

OUR NEW HOME

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

OUR NEW HOME - Page 3 Empty Re: OUR NEW HOME

Post  Campo Wed 05 Dec 2012, 1:07 pm

awaiting that piece of shit hernia to open his trap now
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 05 Dec 2012, 1:48 pm

Must get hold of some e mail or twitter for that tosser Smile
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 05 Dec 2012, 2:54 pm

the Hernia had already started legal proceedings apparently
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 05 Dec 2012, 3:40 pm

If there's still a huge track between the pitch and the stands, they can get tossed for what I care.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 05 Dec 2012, 3:42 pm

there will be seats on the running track from what i could make out
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 05 Dec 2012, 6:00 pm

As much as I love UP becuase of all the memories over the yrs moving is the only way forward to get out of debt and finally with some careful planing a chance of competing with the top 6 and European tours .

COYFI
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 05 Dec 2012, 6:05 pm

Admin wrote:As much as I love UP becuase of all the memories over the yrs moving is the only way forward to get out of debt and finally with some careful planing a chance of competing with the top 6 and European tours .

COYFI

stupid
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 05 Dec 2012, 6:18 pm

Cheers Dave
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 05 Dec 2012, 7:36 pm

stupid
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 05 Dec 2012, 9:34 pm

Yes europe would be nice, and it would be nice knowing that it is not going to kick us in the bank balance, survival as a club after what the biscuit boys done to us is priority , there were times when i thought we were heading down the 'Dons' path
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 05 Dec 2012, 10:13 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Admin wrote:As much as I love UP becuase of all the memories over the yrs moving is the only way forward to get out of debt and finally with some careful planing a chance of competing with the top 6 and European tours .

COYFI

stupid

But at the price it's costing/going to cost, and the 3+ years it's going to take to get there, I would rather we purpose built a new home somewhere else........Don't ask me where, I'm not savvy to that sort of thing, and don't ask me why, but I have a gut feeling that the OS will go tits up for us. boing
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Wed 05 Dec 2012, 11:03 pm

I am more behind our Olympic Stadium bid than I have been at any point previously. I have always been 60% in favour but that has now increased to 80%. I love Upton Park but do we want the next 100 years to be like the last 20/30 years, where clubs have got away from us. Chelsea are moving to a new ground, so are Tottenham. Arsenal have added 22,000 to their capacity by moving to the Emirates. Newcastle, Everton, Man City and Sunderland have bigger grounds than us, while Reading and Southampton's new grounds are in a location where they can be easily expanded. We have to take this opportunity or our club will be left behind for decades to come. FA Cup triumphs will remain a part of our history and we will continue to yo-yo between the top two divisions as we have done for 20/30 years.

If we want a brighter future, we are being offered one pretty much on a plate. We left the Memorial Grounds in 1904 for practical reasons and to continue the progress of the club. Now, over 100 years later, we need to move with the times again. The 1904 move allowed West Ham United to become a more professional club, eventually leading to election to the Football League in 1919. This move could take us to a higher level still, or at least allow us a more stable footing to keep pace with our nearest rivals. I have gone to Upton Park on pretty much a fortnightly basis for 21 years, my dad for 25 years before that and I can't imagine life without Green Street, the Boleyn etc. But fast forward another 25 years and I don't like the thought of sitting in a 35,000 stadium stuck in a perennial relegation fight/promotion push, while Tottenham/Chelsea/Arsenal rake in 60,000 fans and enjoy regular feasts at football's top table.

I think we'd see a lot of fans who've been priced out in the last 10/15 years return - proper West Ham fans versed in the 60s/70s/80s who can make a proper atmosphere. I don't see selling out 60,000 as being a problem myself - the only reason we don't sell out 35,000 every week at the moment (prior to the recent string of sell-outs) is because season tickets and, particularly, matchday prices, are so extortionate. If we do start to attract a higher calibre of player and start to cement a place in the upper echelons of the Premier League, even start to enjoy European football, selling out would be even less of a problem.

In a nutshell, if we want to stay still or be left behind, if we want more of the same of the last 20/30 years, we stay put. If we dare to dream, if we want a better future, then we speculate to accumulate and make the jump.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 06 Dec 2012, 7:19 am

clap
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 06 Dec 2012, 7:32 am

Well said Dan clap
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:51 am

Top post Dan
    The Boleyn is 14th biggest capacity in the English league (not including Wembley)
    If were can get in to the OS , it will have the 3rd biggest capacity, even if the average ticket prices were dropped by say 25% , our revenue if sold out would increase by 50%, its a no brainer really
    then there is the 5000 corporate seats .. that has to draw in some serious cash.
    Becoming a part of the furniture in the prem is what is needed to keep this club stable.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

Well put Dan, agree with every thing you have said...........

except, I dont trust the fact that we will get what we NEED at the Olympic stadium, at a cost that is right. Boris is already talking about 'plan B', where did that suddenly spring from? Hernia is bumping his gums again, and could still cause us more problems.

I hope we get the right stadium to take us forward, a 60k seater in newham would be ideal, the infrastructure at the Olympic park is very good, but the sceptic in me is still looking at this through not so rosy specs. confu
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 06 Dec 2012, 2:04 pm

Yep, that's me too Motty......

Also, they were apparently well under budget when they had finished building....couldn't they use that money for the alterations seeing as the tax payer didn't receive any of it back?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 06 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm

Hernia is at it again , wanker , maybe he would like to put in as much as we are to finance to roof , retractable seats etc etc , that is if he wants to ground share , it's only right that the o,s have to pay if we are
    The Hammers have been made preferred bidders by the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) to become the new tenants of the stadium, a decision which did not surprise Hearn.

But Hearn says West Ham's move to Stratford would have a hugely negative impact on the O's.

And he believes there is a long way to go before the agreement is signed, sealed and delivered and insists Leyton Orient will explore every avenue before conceding defeat.

"I'm disappointed," he told Sky Sports News, "because it was our dream to move into the Olympic Stadium. This is not the best news I have ever had in my life. But I am not going to panic. There are certain questions to be asked about West Ham moving so close to us.

"I don't understand what harm there would be in a major Premier League club like West Ham and a community club like ours sharing the Olympic Stadium. It happens in France, it happens in Germany, it ticks a lot of boxes.

"And it would show that it's not just about cash. But I'm afraid in these difficult times, and with taxpayers money involved, it is all about cash. That's sad.

"We have to take stock of the situation and move on. We're up for ground-sharing. I understand West Ham's football tenancy is not necessarily exclusive.

"We're disappointed at stage one, but whose to say about stage two.

"One of the conditions of West Ham being the preferred bidder is that is cleared with the relevant football authorities. That's the key line. We believe it has not been cleared with the relevant football authorities to the satisfaction of Leyton Orient.

"Clearly if West Ham are moving to the Olympic Park, which is 750 feet away from our stadium, it's very difficult to believe that new fans in our local population will enter into any season ticket applications if they have a Premier League team on their doorstep - which wasn't there before - in a stadium that which has a capacity where they will be able to offer fabulously discounted deals.

"Ask yourself - if you were a kid in the Leyton area and West Ham were in the Olympic Stadium with spare capacity, where would you go?

"We are halfway through a dispute with the Premier League on the rules. They clearly feel they have done enough of an inquiry to grant West Ham permission. We feel they haven't."
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 06 Dec 2012, 2:30 pm

Dick'ead Hernia wrote:Clearly if West Ham are moving to the Olympic Park, which is 750 feet away from our stadium, it's very difficult to believe that new fans in our local population will enter into any season ticket applications if they have a Premier League team on their doorstep - which wasn't there before - in a stadium that which has a capacity where they will be able to offer fabulously discounted deals.

"Ask yourself - if you were a kid in the Leyton area and West Ham were in the Olympic Stadium with spare capacity, where would you go?

1) If we shared you would be 0 feet away, you nob!

2) To where ever "their" team played? Don't you know anything about football supporters doh
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 06 Dec 2012, 3:19 pm

arsehole! 😠 (not you Jiggs, you is luverly hugsmiley thankyou )

Every argument this nob puts up he knocks down at the same time! West ham will have massive negative impact on his 'community' club........next breath, but I'd love to ground share with them?

He talks more out of his arse than any man living including the Twitcher OUR NEW HOME - Page 3 3725042725
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

Hernia’s opinion is now irrelevant (not that it was relevant to begin with). We have been granted preferred bidder status and we will be moving within our borough and within current FA regulations, it is now absolutely nothing to with him or the O’s. larffff

I hope I have some new information for you on Wednesday following the SAB meeting tomorrow night.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 10 Dec 2012, 4:19 pm

Hernia is like having a permanent cold sore covering half your upper lip
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 10 Dec 2012, 5:20 pm

"I'm disappointed," he told Sky Sports News, "because it was our dream to move into the Olympic Stadium.

this is a new one on me ,.. did he not start out saying that the OS would never be fit for football?
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:11 pm

Campo wrote:
    "I'm disappointed," he told Sky Sports News, "because it was our dream to move into the Olympic Stadium.

this is a new one on me ,.. did he not start out saying that the OS would never be fit for football?

rofl they wont reduce it's capacity to 1,500
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:04 pm

Turns out the O's fans have told Hernia they do not want to move

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 6:51 pm