West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+19
TaniaP
daib0
Dan C
Blakey
Sir Ian
manurewa hammer
Geezer
Abbi Normal
Nicki
Suzanne Claret
Tony P
Jiggs
Charlie Ham
alfiehammer
mottinghammer
SemiOldIron
Cochese
Admin
Campo
23 posters

OUR NEW HOME

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

OUR NEW HOME - Page 4 Empty Re: OUR NEW HOME

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:19 pm

Shock, horror, gasp jawdrop
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:29 pm

dont know what their problem is , they would be able to have 14 rows of seats each
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Wed 12 Dec 2012, 1:26 am

still reckon we wont get the os preferred bidder or not
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 18 Dec 2012, 6:39 am

Sir Ian wrote:still reckon we wont get the os preferred bidder or not
    And your reasoning is , Mate?
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Tue 18 Dec 2012, 7:06 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:
    Sir Ian wrote:still reckon we wont get the os preferred bidder or not
    And your reasoning is , Mate?
    money talks and the powers that be have more than us, i have said from day 1 we would never get it, we've been preferred bidder before and got hijacked and i believe it will happen again, govt hate football in this country and i will be extremely shocked if they allow us to have the stadium. all imho of course and i know i sound all conspirosy theory but i just have a hunch im right. snowball
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

OUR NEW HOME - Page 4 Empty Remember this vision for The Boleyn?

Post  Tony P Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:53 pm

I was happy with this back then but it never happened Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:36 am

Perhaps that is plan B, because David Gold did say that there is a plan B.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 21 Dec 2012, 4:43 pm

Possibly Su. I know originally that OUR NEW HOME - Page 4 3725042725 Ken Livingstone put the kybosh on it by insisting that TfL would not reroute the buses to avoid Priory Road and if we wanted to extend the East Stand we would have to fund the building of a road tunnel under Priory Road for the buses. Maybe that is not the case now?

If Plan B is a 42,500 Boleyn Ground I would not be unhappy with that
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:42 pm

im not convinced that if priced right even 42000 is big enough for us long term?
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 22 Dec 2012, 11:59 am

Tony P wrote:Possibly Su. I know originally that OUR NEW HOME - Page 4 3725042725 Ken Livingstone put the kybosh on it by insisting that TfL would not reroute the buses to avoid Priory Road and if we wanted to extend the East Stand we would have to fund the building of a road tunnel under Priory Road for the buses. Maybe that is not the case now?

If Plan B is a 42,500 Boleyn Ground I would not be unhappy with that

It can't be Tone......The garage closed in September 2011.....
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:28 pm

Maybe, maybe, the fact that the garage closed last year is being used as leverage.

We would no longer have the extra, previously prohibitive, expense of the tunnel.

"If you don't give us the OS, we'll just redevelop the East Stand now that the bus depot has gone. Up to you, no skin off our nose either way."
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 22 Dec 2012, 3:56 pm

Half the cost too and no rent........'ave it!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 22 Dec 2012, 6:54 pm

I'd go with UP at 42-3K, imagine the noise of a full house. and I agree with Jiggs, no extra expensee after we pay for the building work.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:36 am

Boris Johnson insists good progress is being made in talks aimed at finally ending West Ham's long wait to move in to the Olympic Stadium.

The London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) met yesterday to discuss West Ham's bid to occupy the stadium, which was given "preferred bidder" status last December.

Since then the two sides have been trying to resolve details of the club's proposed move, including how much they will pay towards conversion costs for the £429million stadium.

Sources say talks between the two sides in the private meeting were positive, and London's Mayor echoed those sentiments afterwards.

"There has been a lot of progress, I won't hide that," he said. "Good conversations have been going on.

"Tax payers put a huge amount of money, £500million, in to building an iconic stadium, and they put further money in to doing it up.

"We have got to get the best possible terms for the tax payer."

Sources said the club hoped a deal could be signed within weeks rather than months. That will come as comforting news to organisers of the 2015 Rugby World Cup, who need to know by the end of next month whether they will be able to use the stadium.

"It would be great to do it," Johnson added when asked about World Cup matches being staged at Stratford.

"We are looking at it. I have asked our engineers to see whether we can make it work, but this particular negotiation isn't relevant to that."

The LLDC will discuss the future of the stadium at their next board meeting on March 26, although they can call an extraordinary general meeting if they reach an agreement with West Ham before then.

Should a deal be agreed, West Ham could move in to the stadium at the start of the 2016-17 season.
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 20 Feb 2013, 1:26 pm

Give me UP.

Just curious, what would be more expensive - maintenance and construction of a tunnel under Priory or knocking down the three blocks of flats and providing relocation compensation? If that sort of thing was even possible, disregarding if it's even needed now.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:05 am

Karren is pushing ahead with the OS

pic from her on twit from this morning

OUR NEW HOME - Page 4 BEREUOBCYAAPs4L
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:16 am

Just seen this today ...

West Ham closing on Olympic Stadium deal - David Gold

BBC Sport

West Ham co-owner David Gold says a deal for the club to move to the Olympic Stadium could be agreed as soon as 16 March. The Hammers were named as the preferred bidder for the stadium on 5 December and have been in talks with London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC).

"I think we're close. It's only what I'm being promised. As we speak I'm being promised 16 March," Gold told talkSPORT. "We would sign the agreement then."

The LLDC board - which preferred West Ham to League One side Leyton Orient, UCFB College of Football Business and a consortium linked to Formula 1 - is set to meet on 26 March. But an extraordinary general meeting could be called if agreement over the £429m venue is reached before then.

Gold added: "I'm embarrassed because I've tweeted 10 times that it's going to be next week or next month and here's a date. The date comes and goes and then I give another date. But I think we are close."

Negotiations with the LLDC included talks on West Ham's share of the costs of converting the London 2012 venue. Retractable seating is set to be installed for West Ham matches and Gold said:

"We will only go there if it is fit for use. I won't go there if I have to look over a running track. But I believe we are in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Let's face it. They've built a stadium - albeit wrong shape and size."

Will it all come off smoothly then?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:39 am

West Ham could be days away from agreeing a move to the Olympic Stadium, according to co-chairman David Gold.

The Hammers' long wait to secure a move to the £429million venue has reportedly moved closer this month following talks with the the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC). London Mayor Boris Johnson described those discussions as "positive" and Gold has revealed an agreement could be secured as early as March 16.

"I think we're close. It's only what I'm being promised. As we speak I'm being promised March 16," Gold told talkSPORT. "We would sign the agreement then."

The 76-year-old stressed that date was not set in stone, though, after the potential agreement - that would see West Ham move to the stadium in 2016 - had suffered late glitches before.

"I'm embarrassed because I've tweeted 10 times that it's going to be next week or next month and here's a date," he said. "The date comes and goes and then I give another date. But I think we are close."

West Ham were handed 'preferred bidder' status in December and talks with the LLDC have since focused on details of the proposed move. One of the key points has centred on how much West Ham would pay towards conversion costs of the Stratford stadium.

Part of that conversion could see temporary seating erected for West Ham matches to cover the running track, with Gold saying a move would only go ahead if the stadium was "fit for use".

"There are certain things I can't share with you because of the confidentiality agreement. We will only go there if it is fit for use," he said. "I won't go there if I have to look over a running track. But I believe we are in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Let's face it. They've built a stadium - albeit wrong shape and size."

Part of London's successful Olympic bid centred on a promise to keep athletics at the Stratford venue in the future. Gold believes, however, that for athletics to remain in the long term it requires a football club to help provide financial support.

"Most Olympic Stadiums have failed because they haven't embraced the legacy and also saying the Olympics is over," he said. "Athletics needs football to support it. There's no other way."
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:43 am

daib0 wrote:Just seen this today ...

West Ham closing on Olympic Stadium deal - David Gold

BBC Sport

West Ham co-owner David Gold says a deal for the club to move to the Olympic Stadium could be agreed as soon as 16 March. The Hammers were named as the preferred bidder for the stadium on 5 December and have been in talks with London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC).

"I think we're close. It's only what I'm being promised. As we speak I'm being promised 16 March," Gold told talkSPORT. "We would sign the agreement then."

The LLDC board - which preferred West Ham to League One side Leyton Orient, UCFB College of Football Business and a consortium linked to Formula 1 - is set to meet on 26 March. But an extraordinary general meeting could be called if agreement over the £429m venue is reached before then.

Gold added: "I'm embarrassed because I've tweeted 10 times that it's going to be next week or next month and here's a date. The date comes and goes and then I give another date. But I think we are close."

Negotiations with the LLDC included talks on West Ham's share of the costs of converting the London 2012 venue. Retractable seating is set to be installed for West Ham matches and Gold said:

"We will only go there if it is fit for use. I won't go there if I have to look over a running track. But I believe we are in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Let's face it. They've built a stadium - albeit wrong shape and size."

Will it all come off smoothly then?

You beat me to it . Will it go smoothly ? I doubt it Diab0 , this is west Ham nothing goes moothly with us , there is bound to be some more hic ups especially if that wanker Hernia has anything to do with it . They have promised to ask the fans opinions so we will just have to wait and see . As much as I love UP and all its history , IMO its the only way forward .
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:18 pm

sorry there, didn't mean to step on your toes, just thought it was pretty interesting for your readership. I try to be a well-behaved away fan you know Smile Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:38 pm

Now worries dude , my fault for not going through the posts properly , you sure you aint a closet Iron ? Smile
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:49 pm

Admin wrote:Now worries dude , my fault for not going through the posts properly , you sure you aint a closet Iron ? Smile
    nah, sorry, got my mother's side in Reading from 1700 and something!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:48 pm

Hernia just cant keep his cakehole shut for 5 mins ,****,ing retard

Leyton Orient chairman Barry Hearn tells BBC London 94.9 that the process used by the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) to decide the future of the Olympic Stadium is flawed.

Hearn has called for a judicial review into the decision to name Premier League side West Ham United as the preferred bidders for the stadium.

Orient were one of four parties to bid for the tenancy of the £429m venue.

The LLDC issued a statement saying their process had been "robust, fair and transparent" and that Hearn's legal challenge was "misguided".

And here
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:18 pm

Hearn is clutching at straws, he has made the LLDC re-do the bidding process already, I can’t believe he has actual legal grounds to do it again.
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:39 pm

He might be a secret American.

Don't like your lot in life? Sue.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:09 pm