West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+13
RichB
Arran H
SemiOldIron
Kray JR
Chas Hammer
Charlie Ham
Jiggs
Suzanne Claret
Tony P
mottinghammer
Campo
alfiehammer
Admin
17 posters

Aston Villa v West Ham United FC

Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Aston Villa v West Ham United FC - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v West Ham United FC

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:08 am

It's not the style of play that I disagree with Sam in charge it's the passion and the commitment of the players on the pitch......Tomkins yesterday showed it and if the team put as much effort in as what he did then we could have got something out of the game!

I don't really care how the ball gets played, I'm equally as happy lumping the ball up to the big man and playing off of him WHEN it works (Which at the minute it isn't) Yet who is to say we would play any better playing the ball on the ground, it's clear we don't really have the confidence to run at players on the wing, clear that the crosses are pretty poor at present and we almost have no pace to counter attack with.

Jussi doesn't like to be within 5 yards of a football, the defence has very little pace to catch up to the speedy foreign types when we play a high defensive line and it seems nobody in our team is capable of hitting the target from open play........Our top scorer this season.....Kevin Nolan with 6 goals......Ashley Cole has more goals than him this season.........Even Torres has scored 14 in all competitions!!!!

So in conclusion I don't think BFS, the Daves and Kazza are fully to blame.....They are sorting the clubs debts out, trying to make us into a viable business, are progressing the club forward to the OS and are putting their OWN money in to do it.....Those that question the motives of the owners you should take a long hard look at yourselves!
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Aston Villa v West Ham United FC - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v West Ham United FC

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:54 pm

BFS's task is to keep us in the Prem until we move into the OS and thus ensure the club's financial survival. Attractive football is not currently on the agenda at all, so purists had better learn to live with it. There are virtually no really top-class players in our squad, and we play to game plans that are uninspiring but generally effective. It's percentage football, and with a bit of luck it will see us over the line to safety. Sorry, but that's the limit of expectations this season and probably next season too, to hope for much more is whistling in the wind, so I for one am trying to be satisfied with achieving very limited but vital objectives.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:32 pm

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:It's not the style of play that I disagree with Sam in charge it's the passion and the commitment of the players on the pitch......Tomkins yesterday showed it and if the team put as much effort in as what he did then we could have got something out of the game!

I don't really care how the ball gets played, I'm equally as happy lumping the ball up to the big man and playing off of him WHEN it works (Which at the minute it isn't) Yet who is to say we would play any better playing the ball on the ground, it's clear we don't really have the confidence to run at players on the wing, clear that the crosses are pretty poor at present and we almost have no pace to counter attack with.

Jussi doesn't like to be within 5 yards of a football, the defence has very little pace to catch up to the speedy foreign types when we play a high defensive line and it seems nobody in our team is capable of hitting the target from open play........Our top scorer this season.....Kevin Nolan with 6 goals......Ashley Cole has more goals than him this season.........Even Torres has scored 14 in all competitions!!!!

So in conclusion I don't think BFS, the Daves and Kazza are fully to blame.....They are sorting the clubs debts out, trying to make us into a viable business, are progressing the club forward to the OS and are putting their OWN money in to do it.....Those that question the motives of the owners you should take a long hard look at yourselves!

If their motives were to first get us relegated with the appointment of Avram Grant, then faiing to replace him half way through that season Then once relegsted by employing Grant choose to. Set us back years by choosing The Fat Controller and his antique brand of football and then after we we got lucky in the play offs and were promoted tell the whole world we wsnt to sign Jarvis and Carrol because we play lots of high balls and crosses and subsequently fill our side with average Joe's and jorneymen devoid of any class or quality then hats off to em all, great Motives and Vision , lets just pray the Fat Controller. Does enough to keep us up then get him and his obselete football and his shitty singings back up the M1 and out !!!!
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:05 pm

Relegation meant we could get rid of our high earners....Balance the books a little and start to build the team up again......We have a team capable of staying in the premier league, I believe gone are the days of ridiculous high earners like Kieran Dyer and getting people like Andy Carroll on loan etc is showing the way forward.......We have not been set back YEARS for crying out loud........We played a lot worse under Grant/Zola......Certainly worse than Roeder! We languished in the championship for a couple of years last time round whereas we bounced straight back up first time of asking..........Are we really any worse than the Great Escape season when our ineligible player bailed us out of the mess we found ourselves in? I don't think so.......Tristan, Solano, Sheringham, Wright etc.....Journeymen of past years, no better than our current crop

I think people need to stop looking at only the negatives which at the minute is our RECENT run of form.......We won't need 40 points to stay up this season....We are still 7 points clear of the relegation zone! This is NOT disaster territory it just needs pick up in form......
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm

Lets say we stay up by the skin of our teeth and Sam dont get a new contract , who would you want in ? and No PDC aint ready , he has a few years to go yet to be ready for the Prem .
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:20 pm

crucify me for saying it but I would welcome both Pards or Curbs back with open arms......Both know how to work with very little and both have proved they can handle stick from the fans and the media......Right now in this day and age I couldn't care how we played our football and with a sensible team in charge of the boardroom ie No Duxbury or That Italian bloke who was apparently a transfer master I believe we wouldn't make the same mistakes again!

Who would have thought I'd be slightly optimistic of the direction our club is heading.....Credit to perseverance and continued backing I feel.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:33 pm

[quote="Admin"]Lets say we stay up by the skin of our teeth and Sam dont get a new contract , who would you want in ? and No PDC aint ready , he has a few years to go yet to be ready for the Prem .
    [/quo
    The sweaty sock stays in charge of The Manc Scum for two more seasons, so The Special One sacked by Madrid Manages us for those seasons as he waits for Manc job while employing P.D.C. As his assistant to groom and take over on his departure to the red scum who, after finishing second behind them in the Prem, We beat in the next seasons Champions League Final !!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:51 pm

Like you idea but we all know that aint gonna happen . Pards aint doing too good at the mo though is he Stoobs and what about Llewellyn Charles "Alan" Curbishley, is he working , last I heard he was a tv pundit and he creamed 2.1 mil off of West Ham when he left
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 6:04 pm

Admin wrote:Like you idea but we all know that aint gonna happen . Pards aint doing too good at the mo though is he Stoobs and what about Llewellyn Charles "Alan" Curbishley, is he working , last I heard he was a tv pundit and he creamed 2.1 mil off of West Ham when he left

I agree he isn't doing too well at Newcastle at the minute but he done well with them last season, got us to an FA Cup final etc........He isn't afraid of the media either, speaks his mind, I think maybe he has been a bit unfortunate with the transfers he has bought in and let out this season and maybe that could be down to it or he could just be a manager that happens to over achieve!

Nobody pays out if they aren't guilty of something......They fight it! He won, got the payout and bare in mind he had to put up with all that shit about the Tevez saga for ages even though he wasn't the one that bought them in illegaly! Curbs managerial skills are solid, I can think of many worse managers out there especially the inexperienced ones.

If I had the pick of the crop I'd try and tempt David Moyes away from Everton but I think he is being groomed by his pal Fergie to take over at Man U......Realistically though I think for stability sake I'd go for Pards or Curbs again although I am quite happy with BFS in charge and am willing to cut him some slack
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 11 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

We bring in the current Norwich manager.
    We get rid of the Bolton boys accept O’Brien.
    We bring in a good young keeper.
    We let the new manager get rid of who he does not want and let him bring in who he does want.
    We buy Charlie Ham a pint.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:50 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:We bring in the current Norwich manager.
    We let the new manager get rid of who he does not want and let him bring in who he does want.

So we completely overhaul everything all over again for the second time in two years...? Greeeaat idea...

Stability MUST be our buzzword for the next three or four seasons - management, playing staff and fans need to accept that and get on board.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:01 pm

Been am interesting debate to be sure, but I still agree with Dan. This does NoT mean I'm happy with the current run of form, but if someone had offered me 11th with 12 games to go I'd have taken it. I always liked CH of Norwich but they aren't doing much better then we are. I was happy with curbs when he was here but he's not better then big Sam. Pards is a bit of an enigma for me, but he's happy where he is. Can't think of any other manager out there I'd really to bring in asides from a lifelong admiration of MON. I don't think changing your manger every few years is a good way to run a club so all the time we are doing ok under Sam I'm happy with him.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:24 pm

Dan C wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:We bring in the current Norwich manager.

So we completely overhaul everything all over again for the second time in two years...? Greeeaat idea...

Stability MUST be our buzzword for the next three or four seasons - management, playing staff and fans need to accept that and get on board.

You might accept it. A lot don't.
    Does stability mean going down?
    On current form we will be going down.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:42 pm

Yeah, I accept an immediate promotion, a fantastic day out at Wembley, beating the European Champions, winning at St James' Park for the first time in 13 years and accruing 30 points and being 11th with 12 games to go - I'll definitely accept all that. I've been crying out for years for a West Ham team to battle and fight and, invariably, this one does. I don't know about you Charlie but I rarely miss a game home or away and I am infinitely happier now with West Ham than I have been at any stage since 2005/06. I don't really fancy throwing that feeling away to be honest. It's not as if I am a happy clapper either - if I wasn't happy, believe me, I'll say it, as I have done on this forum's various incarnations in the past. OK, so we're not having a great run - it was bound to happen at some stage wasn't it? And is the best reaction to go uber-negative and call for the dismissal of the manager?

I'm fed up with changing manager. We had two terrible bosses in a row in Zola and Grant and I do not want to risk going back to those days as I keep repeating. People even moaned for Curbishley to go in 2008, that he was too negative, results weren't great - well he led us to 10th, he was forced out and we began a decline which took us to the Championship. Can fans not see when we are (generally speaking) on to a good thing? There is NO manager out there who could do a better job than Allardyce. As far as I can see, what I am saying is just logic and, thankfully, it seems as though our board of directors agree with me.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:45 pm

alfiehammer wrote:. I don't think changing your manager every few years is a good way to run a club

Absolutely. You just lurch up and down like Tigger doing a bungee jump. And it costs shed-loads of money that could be spent on better players. I foresee us holding on to BFS for a couple more seasons at least, it's not going to be much fun, but I believe his brand of management will keep us in the Prem, and that is the one and only thing that counts with GaS while they're in charge. Of course, we might always be bought up by some billionare that no-one's ever heard of from some tiny obscure country.....anyone fancy that again??
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:02 pm

Admin wrote:Lets say we stay up by the skin of our teeth and Sam dont get a new contract , who would you want in ? and No PDC aint ready , he has a few years to go yet to be ready for the Prem .

Not so sure who I'd want but I know I wouldn't want Curbs. Dullest football I've ever seen. I tried to warm to him but it was impossible. I also don't think we could risk di Canio - partly because of his experience but also because he always seems a minute away from a hissy fit & resigning. Just think if you let him bring in his players & regimes & then he walks off in a strop you've not really achieved anything.

I like Hughton but sadly he does seem like a manager they bring in when they want to make economies & short change him. I'd stick with Sam though right now. It's stability we need (unless he takes us down of course!)
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:10 am

Should we stay up and BFS does not get a new contract their are two people who i would love to see manage West ham :
    Roberto Di Matteo - Plays nice football and the players at the clubs he has manage seem to enjoy playing for him etc West Brom he done well and was sacked with the club in good position and the same at chelsea sacked for no reason other then not being top Smile Think he would do good at Our club aswell
    Paolo Di Canio - I know alot people on here wouldnt want him here just yet but I think he would do a good job , He understands the passion us fans have for the club , he knows what we want from the players ie passion and the understanding of fighting for shirt on the pitch etc never giving up etc.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:24 am

Also , We have just got promoted so a bad run which we are on was always going to happen whoever was incharge of us every team has it - Saints had it at the start of the season as did reading etc now they are both on good runs , we are just having ours now which may or may not prove costly come may - I belive we will STAY UP as we have still got at least 4 or 5 winnable games IMO anyway !

Hope BFS does stay as like others have said we need stability at this club after the few years we have had befor DS&DG took over,Results may not always go our way under sam but at least the team FIGHTS till the end unlike under previous managers !

And I still think we will finish around 11-8th IMO scarf

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 3:48 am