West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+12
Kray JR
Stevenage Dave
Johnny K
Cochese
RichB
Suzanne Claret
Campo
shaun of the thread
Arran H
SemiOldIron
alfiehammer
Admin
16 posters

West Ham United FC v Squirts

Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham United FC v Squirts - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Squirts

Post  Cochese Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:50 pm

For fucks sake. The left foot!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:56 pm

gutted , but not worried
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:58 pm

Ooooooh, that hurt...... doh
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:16 pm

I'm very worried. We are in freefall. Stoke & chelsea away coming up & we skip a match in between. We could be within catching distance by Easter.
    It's half empty talk I know but I can't see where 9 points are coming from. We are patting ourselves on the back for a rearguard action. In reality without Jussi we'd have lost by a hat full. Caulker should have had 3.
    Look where Parker plays his football for spurs & where he played it for us. For them it's in the opponents half, for us he was bringing the ball out from the defence. We still spend far too much time in our own half in every match.
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:41 pm

Pogatetz played like he was in a different Time Zone, much like Fat Sam's scouting. Tine for the Northern Monkey to feck off
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:47 pm

We got what we deserved to be honest. I've heard peeps saying we deserved a draw but how many chances did they have ? How many free headers from corners ? We backed off and backed off and paid the price. Worried about our defence up against Stoke next.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 25 Feb 2013, 11:02 pm

Kray JR wrote:We got what we deserved to be honest. I've heard peeps saying we deserved a draw but how many chances did they have ? How many free headers from corners ? We backed off and backed off and paid the price. Worried about our defence up against Stoke next.

If it were not for Jussi it could have been 5 or 6. I have never seen us concede so many free headers since Collins & Reid were paired together.

As for our midfield three, it was weak enough with O'Neil in there as it was but to lose Nolan and to end up with a centre three of O'Neil, Taylor and Collison was suicide. What was BFS thinking taking Diame off..........again? He did it against Liverpool when we were winning - and we lost the game. He did it again tonight and we lost. Will he ever learn? Taylor did not pass to one of our players in all the time he was on the pitch. We had two Championship players in central midfield against one of the best sides in the Premiership. What was he thinking?!!

But I suppose just like the Fulham and Villa away games he will spout some shit about how "unlucky we were"

If we lose to Stoke RFC at the weekend we may end up in big trouble
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 25 Feb 2013, 11:10 pm

Be fair all of you.......We lost purely because we were playing against Golden Dick handgren
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Tue 26 Feb 2013, 6:32 am

Pulis must have been rubbing his hands together whilst shagging his sheep last night at the thought of being up against this defence at the weekend.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:10 am

I dont like Gareth Bale and he looks like a chimp [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Tue 26 Feb 2013, 6:20 pm

I thought the 11 men, plus subs, on the pitch last night gave their all and, had Taylor scored when clean through, we would almost certainly have won. However, so as not to sound like a broken record, I am open to criticising Allardyce and praising Jaaskelainen, based on their performances last night.

I thought we played well enough last night but was disappointed that we did not attack Tottenham and get at them more. I put this down to each of Allardyce's substitutions. When Nolan came off, Collison should have come on as a like-for-like replacement. Failing that, Vaz Te should have gone on to the right of the front three and Joe Cole should have been moved to Nolan's position off Carroll. Putting Matt Taylor on, honest pro though he is, weakened our midfield. In any case, Taylor is not, and never has been, a central midfield player.

I am no fan of Demel but the defence was not broken at 2-1 up last night and did not need fixing. Demel was starting to get some joy going forward and O'Brien was doing a fine job on Lennon. Pogatetz got beaten every time and our attacking flow down the right from Demel was stemmed and allowed Bale to play further forward.

Finally, Diame had to stay on as our only true Premier League class midfield player. Even if he was tiring, we were already without Noble and Nolan and needed Diame on the pitch. Although Tony, you may remember that, against Liverpool, Diame was substituted by Big Sam with a badly torn hamstring!

Finally, I have criticised him a few times on this forum but I would like to think I am neither stubborn nor belligerent so credit where credit is due - Jaaskelainen had a stormer last night. Some amazing and fantastic saves to keep us in the game and sad for him that he was beaten by a 'worldie' from Bale at the death. Perhaps we should send Jussi to Dubai for a week before every game?!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:28 pm

Exactly what Dan Says.. Bow ..In fact, I was just going to type that almost word for word, but he beat me to it saint
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:14 pm

As an extra, I was not impressed by the brainless, disrespectful, ungrateful morons in our midst who booed Scott Parker yesterday evening. The guy was practically a one-man team for three seasons and gave his absolute all in every single game he played for us. No-one could have done more to try to keep us up than he did. So he went to Tottenham when we were finally relegated - that should not diminish the regard we should hold him in. He was a fantastic servant to West Ham United and should have been shown total respect last night. It was pleasing to see the silent majority get their moment to stand and applaud him as he was substituted near the end.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:38 pm

Dan C wrote:As an extra, I was not impressed by the brainless, disrespectful, ungrateful morons in our midst who booed Scott Parker yesterday evening. The guy was practically a one-man team for three seasons and gave his absolute all in every single game he played for us. No-one could have done more to try to keep us up than he did. So he went to Tottenham when we were finally relegated - that should not diminish the regard we should hold him in. He was a fantastic servant to West Ham United and should have been shown total respect last night. It was pleasing to see the silent majority get their moment to stand and applaud him as he was substituted near the end.

From what I heard in the ground it was a minority that booed him Dan. I suspect it is more about the club he left us for rather than the fact he left us when he did
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:40 pm

Have herd that Demel had signalled to the bench to come off 5 mins before he did. Don't know how true that is , as I didn't see anything was wrong with him.

But agree with you on the rest Dan.

The one thing that annoyed me the most about last night was, how everyone was wetting their selfs over the chimp. Yeh he maybe be on top of his game at the moment, but boy does he have trouble staying on his feet. Soon got up after diving for his second goal can I add. Also I think Joe Coles goal was the best one on the night. He took it well and still made it look easy. As where Bales were just lobs towards goal, pretty much like Beckham used to get his from.
    Yet we don't have a mention about JC's goal .and the commentary one being an ex hammer in Tony Gale , just wet their pants over bale and everything spuds done. FFS! He's not even english talent . Hate the commentary in our matches most of the time, even when ee play well and are winning, they big the other side up.

Last edited by shaun of the thread on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:44 pm

Dan C wrote:I thought the 11 men, plus subs, on the pitch last night gave their all and, had Taylor scored when clean through, we would almost certainly have won. However, so as not to sound like a broken record, I am open to criticising Allardyce and praising Jaaskelainen, based on their performances last night.

I thought we played well enough last night but was disappointed that we did not attack Tottenham and get at them more. I put this down to each of Allardyce's substitutions. When Nolan came off, Collison should have come on as a like-for-like replacement. Failing that, Vaz Te should have gone on to the right of the front three and Joe Cole should have been moved to Nolan's position off Carroll. Putting Matt Taylor on, honest pro though he is, weakened our midfield. In any case, Taylor is not, and never has been, a central midfield player.

I am no fan of Demel but the defence was not broken at 2-1 up last night and did not need fixing. Demel was starting to get some joy going forward and O'Brien was doing a fine job on Lennon. Pogatetz got beaten every time and our attacking flow down the right from Demel was stemmed and allowed Bale to play further forward.

Finally, Diame had to stay on as our only true Premier League class midfield player. Even if he was tiring, we were already without Noble and Nolan and needed Diame on the pitch. Although Tony, you may remember that, against Liverpool, Diame was substituted by Big Sam with a badly torn hamstring!

Finally, I have criticised him a few times on this forum but I would like to think I am neither stubborn nor belligerent so credit where credit is due - Jaaskelainen had a stormer last night. Some amazing and fantastic saves to keep us in the game and sad for him that he was beaten by a 'worldie' from Bale at the death. Perhaps we should send Jussi to Dubai for a week before every game?!

I know that Dan. My point is that Allardyce should have taken note at how our midfield capitulated without Diame on the pitch against Liverpool. Last night it was compounded by having an already lightweight midfield. With a central three of Collison, O'Neil and Taylor we did not have a tackler in our WHOLE midfield ! Totally agree with your observations regarding the use of Collison and in particular Joe Cole. It was obvious to me that Joe Cole should have played in the hole behind Andy Carroll once Nolan went off. Our back four was coping with Spurs - apart from set pieces, alarmingly - so bringing the slow Pogatetz on merely handed the initiative to Kyle Walker and Aaron Lennon to attack down our right

I am an Allardyce fan but his substitutions lately have cost us dearly

Jussi had, perhaps, his best game for us last night. If it weren't for him it could easily have been 4 or 5. His double save just before Joe Cole scored was pivotal. However, I have no idea what he was doing as Sigurdsson poked the ball home for their equaliser? He was on his knees watching. Dive on the bloody ball man !!! He clearly had no chance with the winner from Bale. It was simply unstoppable. It would, and should have been a consolation goal if Matt Taylor had not squandered a golden opportunity to put us 3-1 up earlier on

Last edited by Tony P on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:49 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Dan C wrote:As an extra, I was not impressed by the brainless, disrespectful, ungrateful morons in our midst who booed Scott Parker yesterday evening. The guy was practically a one-man team for three seasons and gave his absolute all in every single game he played for us. No-one could have done more to try to keep us up than he did. So he went to Tottenham when we were finally relegated - that should not diminish the regard we should hold him in. He was a fantastic servant to West Ham United and should have been shown total respect last night. It was pleasing to see the silent majority get their moment to stand and applaud him as he was substituted near the end.

From what I heard in the ground it was a minority that booed him Dan. I suspect it is more about the club he left us for rather than the fact he left us when he did

Agreed, which is why I pointed out that the majority applauded as he left the field. I have no doubt that it's because he went to WHL but it still doesn't excuse it in my book. Respect is almost completely out the window in football now; the vitriol and aggression coming from our away support these days is testament to that and saddens me greatly. It increasingly makes me not want to bother wasting my time. Going away with West Ham used to be fun, irrespective of the result - it's just not anymore, because of the type of 'people' who decide to boo a player like Scott Parker.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 27 Feb 2013, 6:44 am

Dan C wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

Agreed, which is why I pointed out that the majority applauded as he left the field. I have no doubt that it's because he went to WHL but it still doesn't excuse it in my book. Respect is almost completely out the window in football now; the vitriol and aggression coming from our away support these days is testament to that and saddens me greatly. It increasingly makes me not want to bother wasting my time. Going away with West Ham used to be fun, irrespective of the result - it's just not anymore, because of the type of 'people' who decide to boo a player like Scott Parker.

Quote from Scott himself in this extract from an article online

Monday's match was the first time that Parker had returned to his former club since his move to Spurs in the summer of 2011 and he was greeted with boos from a section of the West Ham support. The midfielder, who was named the Football Writers' Association's Footballer of the Year during his final season at the club, said that he had expected a warmer welcome and the reception left him upset.

"I was a little disappointed. In football one thing I have learned is that not much surprises you but I didn't expect West Ham fans to boo me and it was upsetting. They see it that I went to a local rival. I just thought I might get a better reception for what I did here and for the time I spent here really.

"Maybe it was the heat of moment and a derby. Maybe people have short memories. I had four fantastic years here and West Ham will always have a special place in my heart. I couldn't wait to go out there and play. I was a little bit disappointed but I won't dwell on it."
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 27 Feb 2013, 6:44 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Dan C wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

Quote from Scott himself in this extract from an article online

Monday's match was the first time that Parker had returned to his former club since his move to Spurs in the summer of 2011 and he was greeted with boos from a section of the West Ham support. The midfielder, who was named the Football Writers' Association's Footballer of the Year during his final season at the club, said that he had expected a warmer welcome and the reception left him upset.

"I was a little disappointed. In football one thing I have learned is that not much surprises you but I didn't expect West Ham fans to boo me and it was upsetting. They see it that I went to a local rival. I just thought I might get a better reception for what I did here and for the time I spent here really.

"Maybe it was the heat of moment and a derby. Maybe people have short memories. I had four fantastic years here and West Ham will always have a special place in my heart. I couldn't wait to go out there and play. I was a little bit disappointed but I won't dwell on it."

The fans who booed Parker were very wrong to do so with what he did during the last 3 years before he lefted however what did parker expect really ?!?! He`s joined spurs a club that west ham hate so sureley he didnt think he wouldnt get any boos !?!? I will always respect scottie regardless of what club he`s at - he showed us respect by not kicking up a fuss when we went down and even played in the first few games when most players would refused to play etc
    And fair play to scottie for saying what he has about us having a place in his heart ! clap

RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:55 pm

What did he expect? How about nothing or mild applause? I agree with others on here, there's a very unpleasant aspect to football fans these days. The aggression used to be aimed t opposing supporters but now it's all personal and vindictive. All very unsavoury.
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Wed 27 Feb 2013, 10:05 pm

Well I personally can't see any reason to boo him at all regardless of the club he plays for . He has played for a few clubs now & from what ive seen he always gives 110% for the team thats paying his wage. Also isn't he a life long spuds fan or his dad was ?
    As its been said he wore his heart on his sleve for us , even around the time his dad died, (Rip Mr Parker).
    Who could blame him for wanting to go to a club like spurs to finish off his career, why face relegation when you can have champs league. Had he of left the way mini judas went the fair enough , I could understand boos and chats but when he stayed and played our first few games and could of got an injury or anything that could of stopped him signing for them. He he stayed a hammer untill the day he was sold. Very sad and embarrassing for our fans imo.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Wed 27 Feb 2013, 11:15 pm

Don't think it's anything new. Paul Allen got slaughtered when he moved to spurs & I don't think Martin Peters was greeted with open arms after he moved north.

I'm not supporting it here, btw. I was one of those who understood why Parker left when he did, in particular how difficult it would be for him to hold on to his England place in the Championship.
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:15 pm

Oh come on Scott. What did you expect?

Did he really think any self-respecting West Ham fan would applaud a Spurs player, any more than they would applaud a Chelsea or a Millwall player?

That's football. Local rivalry is local rivalry. It doesn't matter who you are or what you did when you played for us.

Deal with it.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 01 Mar 2013, 5:58 pm

TaniaP wrote:Oh come on Scott. What did you expect?

Did he really think any self-respecting West Ham fan would applaud a Spurs player, any more than they would applaud a Chelsea or a Millwall player?

That's football. Local rivalry is local rivalry. It doesn't matter who you are or what you did when you played for us.

Deal with it.

There is a difference between simply choosing not to applaud him and actually booing him. I simply chose not to do applaud him. I would certainly have not booed him

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:52 am