West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
manurewa hammer
Abbi Normal
Campo
alfiehammer
Tony P
Johnny K
Arran H
11 posters

David Sullivan : Meeting a player on monday who ........

Arran H
    Reserves

David Sullivan : Meeting a player on monday who ........ Empty David Sullivan : Meeting a player on monday who ........

Post  Arran H Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:09 pm

According to David Sullivan he is meeting a striker on monday looking to sign him and if he does sign on monday will smash our current tansfer fee paid for a player in the club history !

David Sullivan has stated West Ham’s ambitions by revealing that they are close to smashing their transfer record for a big money signing.Sullivan: “I’m seeing somebody on Monday and, if we sign the player, he would be the most expensive player the club’s ever signed,Sullivan: “We lack goals in the team,” he continued. “We’ve got to sign a top class striker from somewhere.”

Wonder who it is then ? Rumours going around twitter that its Bony ?!?
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

David Sullivan : Meeting a player on monday who ........ Empty Re: David Sullivan : Meeting a player on monday who ........

Post  Johnny K Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:43 pm

Would this be for next season?

Knowing our luck, if it is, he'll get his leg broken before this season is out!
    Arran H
    Reserves

David Sullivan : Meeting a player on monday who ........ Empty Re: David Sullivan : Meeting a player on monday who ........

Post  Arran H Sat 23 Mar 2013, 1:18 pm

Jack Sullivan‏@jsullivanwhu44m
    Dad is meeting an agent of a top European striker on Monday #COYI #whufc #whu
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 23 Mar 2013, 2:48 pm

I reckon it is Fabio Quagliarella of Juventus
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:26 pm

isn't he about 30 Tony?

Juventus

On 27 August 2010, Quagliarella signed for Juventus on loan for a fee of €4.5 million with the Bianconeri having the option to sign him permanently for €10.5m, paid over three years. Before the winter break, he was the team's top scorer with 9 league goals in 17 appearances. However, he was injured on 6 January 2011 (right knee anterior cruciate ligament), in the first match after the winter break, losing to Parma 1–4. He would miss the rest of season.[9] He was unable to play for Juventus in the Europa League, as he had already appeared against IF Elfsborg for Napoli earlier in the competition.

On 22 June 2011 Quagliarella signed a 3-year deal to stay with Juventus for €10.5 million which will keep him until 2014. On 1 April 2012, He scored his third goal of the season against his former club Napoli and refused to celebrate due to his Neapolitan roots.[10] On 30 April 2012, Quagliarella signed a 12-month extension that will keep him until the summer of 2015.

On 22 September Quagliarella scored two goals in Serie A match against Chievo Verona.[11]

On 10 November 2012 Quagliarella scored his first hat-trick against Delfino Pescara 1936 in a match that Juventus won 6 – 1. In the Champions League he scored his first goal in the 2-2 against Chelsea.

Last edited by alfiehammer on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:36 pm

Bony will head to a far bigger club

the rumour is £20M + for the new signing
    If we are getting a deal agreed outside transfer window it means the player must be within the last 6 months of his contract

this would suggest external investment is coming in
    a few days after the OS is confirmed
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Sat 23 Mar 2013, 8:35 pm

messi ................ knew it
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Sat 23 Mar 2013, 9:53 pm

according to twatter its Wilfried Bony confu
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 24 Mar 2013, 1:37 am

Whats this wellfried Bony like? Hardly a top striker?
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 24 Mar 2013, 7:19 am

Wilfred Bony
    APPS(Gls)(League Only)
    2007-08 Sparta Praque B 14(2)
    2008-11 Sparta Praque 59(22)
    2011- Vitesse 57(38)
    2010- Ivory Coast 17(5)

Are we actually going to sign a player that may just may get us lots of goals woohoo According the sun today he is the leading scorer in the Dutch league with 26 goals in 24 games with 10 of those goals coming in the last 6 games ,

If he does sign lets hope it not a deal similar to BA where he had that clause etc otherwise i can see the same thing happening here -him having a good season and someone getting him at the end of the season.
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Sun 24 Mar 2013, 7:56 am

Andy Carroll?
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 24 Mar 2013, 8:22 am

Maybe we are going to get carroll and bony and start spending knowing we are moving into the new stadium ?!?!Unlikely i know but you never know that what we could be doing Laughing
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 24 Mar 2013, 9:20 am

I will be gobsmacked if Bony is wearing claret and blue next year, he is a better version of Ba
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:44 am

As long as he doesn't crack out rivers of babylon I don't care!!!
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:48 am

Now that does sound very promising. I'd still like us to keep carroll at the right price and wages too
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:57 am

Campo wrote:I will be gobsmacked if Bony is wearing claret and blue next year, he is a better version of Ba
    He is that good eh mate? Wow.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:15 pm

Not excited by Bony - unproven at PL level and we are not a club that can afford to blow £14m on someone who is untried and untested in a top European league. Remember Afonso Alves? Scored bucketloads in the Dutch league for Heerenveen, Middlesbrough spent £12m on him, he became one of the most expensive flops in PL history. I would be much happier to go the extra £3m and make Carroll's move permanent.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:17 pm

Van Nistelrooy and Luis Suarez also came from the Dutch league so that is not really a valid argument. Andy Carroll will not bring us a lot of goals and for £17m and £90,000 per week I think that we would really have to be 100% before we outlay that sort of cash on him

Bony looks like a young Drogba/Demba Ba to me from the video footage I have seen

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm

It works both ways I guess Tony. I would say that Van Nistelrooy had 10 caps for his (internationally-renowned) country by the time he signed for Man Utd and Suarez was also proven at international level. Furthermore, Man Utd and Liverpool can afford the odd big-money mistake in the transfer market. Bony does not have the kind of background Van Nistelrooy or Suarez did. If he was £5m it might be worth a punt but we do not have £14m to throw at someone who might not make it.

Carroll is PL-proven, a striker who is hungry, hard-working and, seemingly, a decent guy to have around the dressing-room. Who's to say Bony won't up sticks to Chelsea if he succeeds? When Carroll was out over Christmas, we were very poor. I'd like to see us have a bit of stability and give Carroll the chance to be our new Dean Ashton, with better injury luck!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

I agree that we have not looked potent without Carroll in the team, but TBH we have had no viable alternative have we? Maybe there is a chance we could keep Carroll AND get Bony?

Just think that ANY striker costing what Carroll is likely to cost us should be "guaranteeing" us at least 15 goals per season - not 2 (so far) !
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:21 pm

True enough, although you're doing him out of a goal - he's got three! ;-)
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:22 pm

Carroll, i like him but 9 goals in 60 games since he joined Liverpool.
    Carltons last 66 games for west ham - 16 goals

no wonder we struggle up front
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

Think Carrolls been unlucky with a few injuries to be fair. Took Tevez a while to score for us to as I recall, maybe we just aren't a club that has enough quality support for our strikers and when they move on they start scoring more. I think we can all agree Carroll has improved our team whens he played and we can all agree that three goals seems a bit epic ally poor. Probably CB and attacking left backs who bang in more goals per season then that. My instincts still tell me Carroll worth keeping at the right price. Bony I know nothing about and am about to watch Tony's video but if we can afford it I reckon we should.

Im sure there has been bigger flops then Alves Dan...Crespo, Torres, Veron, The Swedish guy blackburn signed, santa cruz going to citeh, adebayor going to citeh, jon dahl tommason (spelling) Bebe @ man u for £7 million who is so crap they think it might be money laundering...etc
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:12 pm

Dan C wrote:True enough, although you're doing him out of a goal - he's got three! ;-)

Prolific ! Well worth £17m and 90,000 per week ! Wink
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:22 pm

looked very good on the video admittedly. lot of clips of him dummying a defender then shooting with the other foot. looked impressive, whether premier league defenders will afford him so much time or space is another thing but the technique and composure certainly there.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 6:33 pm