West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
RichB
IronDane
Tony P
Hungry Hammer 66
Admin
9 posters

West Ham United FC V Arsenal

RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham United FC V Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Arsenal

Post  RichB Thu 26 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm

I don't know who these "denialists" are you talk about HH? I don't see much outright support for Allardyce on here. I usually state that sacking the manager isn't the universal panacea it is often made out to be but I'm no great Allardyce fan - I've also said we should have stuck with Pardew and still believe that! Having been supporting the Hammers for nearly 50 years I don't expect miracles but just want to see us do well in the league and perhaps win a cup now and again!

You're obviously passionate about West Ham HH so rather than take out your frustration on this forum why not start by saying who you would replace Allardyce with and why?
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 26 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm

Brace yourselves people. Things don't look good.

No confidence in Fat Sam or for the board to bring in players so we can progress after January.

Bad manager + bad squad = going down.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Thu 26 Dec 2013, 6:48 pm

Mate, all I know is, from my first post last August I fore saw exactly where we are now.
    I'm not a multi millionaire owner or manager or player, just an exiled London Boy with West Ham in his DNA who is fecked off being embarrassed by the decion makers who run our club and I'm sorry but it was allready to late when the Dizzy Daves took over and appointed Grant followed by Allardyce; yes they took over when we were in financial melt down but it still does not excuse them or the managers for where we are now, they have blown it and apart from new owners, manager and players I don't see any hope or future for us in that white elephant of a new stadium
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Thu 26 Dec 2013, 7:45 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:Mate, all I know is, from my first post last August I fore saw exactly where we are now.
    I'm not a multi millionaire owner or manager or player, just an exiled London Boy with West Ham in his DNA who is fecked off being embarrassed by the decion makers who run our club and I'm sorry but it was allready to late when the Dizzy Daves took over and appointed Grant followed by Allardyce; yes they took over when we were in financial melt down but it still does not excuse them or the managers for where we are now, they have blown it and apart from new owners, manager and players I don't see any hope or future for us in that white elephant of a new stadium
    All true. We were screwed by the Icelandics yet we all thought Eggy was the second coming. It went pear shaped. Prior to that Terry "Two Bob" was just as bad, appalling business decisions nearly buried the club. The Dynamic Duo have put £40m into the club (approx.) but as you say it's still not going to plan. I had great hopes that Bradey would sort it out (despite her politics and not really being a fan of hers) I did think she could sort out the shit from the chaff. She seems to have disappeared off the scene now. So my view would be to get rid of Sam now, before the transfer window, get in a younger modern football manager./coach (don't know who - Roberto Di Matteo?) and back him with more money in January. Else it's relegation.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Fri 27 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

We contained Arsenal well for the first half and then came out very much on the front foot for the second half, getting a goal in the first two minutes before creating three glorious opportunities for a second. These were passed up by Jarvis, O'Brien and Carlton - we desperately needed that second goal for the added cushion and we were punished by a side who, on paper, should have wiped the floor with us, given their attacking brilliance and our injuries.

I still firmly believe we will be fine when Carroll, Downing and Reid return. They are arguably our three best players. Take Ozil, Walcott and Cazorla out of the Arsenal team and they would struggle. Same if Liverpool were to lose Suarez now on top of Sturridge and Gerrard.

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 27 Dec 2013, 11:42 am

Dan C wrote:We contained Arsenal well for the first half and then came out very much on the front foot for the second half, getting a goal in the first two minutes before creating three glorious opportunities for a second. These were passed up by Jarvis, O'Brien and Carlton - we desperately needed that second goal for the added cushion and we were punished by a side who, on paper, should have wiped the floor with us, given their attacking brilliance and our injuries.

I still firmly believe we will be fine when Carroll, Downing and Reid return. They are arguably our three best players. Take Ozil, Walcott and Cazorla out of the Arsenal team and they would struggle. Same if Liverpool were to lose Suarez now on top of Sturridge and Gerrard.

Well said Dan. I also look forward to the return of Downing on our right hand side as Joe Cole does little to help his full back out. Same with Diame when he played there against Man Utd. The first 2 goals at OT came down that side with Demel getting no help from Diame. In fact Diame wasn't in the frame for Ashley Young's goal either.
    Yesterday Podolski had the complete freedom of that side when he came on. Demel often having him and Gibbs up against him. Arsenal's second and third goals came from that same side......AGAIN ! No attempt by Joe Cole to stop Podolski from crossing the ball for their 2nd. Mind you Walcott being alive and Rat going to sleep when the ball deflected up off of Tomkins didn't help either. Walcott's first headed goal - EVER ! Embarrassing that it was against us

Their third goal came unsurprisingly from Podolski. Joe Cole just watching him walk in behind him and Demel making no attempt to block the shot

Sort it out before it is too late Allardyce

Last edited by Tony P on Sat 28 Dec 2013, 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 27 Dec 2013, 8:42 pm

Surely Sam and the coaching team must sit down and pull apart every goal like we do as fans, why can't they see this ?

Or do they just hope we attack more than defend and hope it papers over the cracks ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:44 pm