West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
Kray JR
Tony P
Admin
RichB
Campo
Jiggs
Arran H
Blakey
IronDane
westhamonkey
14 posters

West Ham vs West Baggage Albion

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

West Ham vs West Baggage Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: West Ham vs West Baggage Albion

Post  Tony P Sun 29 Dec 2013, 4:26 pm

Campo wrote:the only injury recovery is Ravel

The whole Ravel Morrison injury is a mystery. Seems like a smokescreen leading to a transfer to me

Hope I am wrong of course. However, if BFS keeps playing him just in front of our back four I can't say I blame him !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

West Ham vs West Baggage Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: West Ham vs West Baggage Albion

Post  Campo Sun 29 Dec 2013, 4:32 pm

see the transfer thread mate
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 29 Dec 2013, 8:19 pm

Blakey wrote:We are going to get hammered.

I see nothing but a huge loss

I'd like to be proven wrong but I just cannot see it.

You were wrong West Ham vs West Baggage Albion - Page 3 3717672098 

A point just wasn't enough for us. And having no centre back is just embarrassing
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 29 Dec 2013, 10:56 pm

Saw the goals again today, their third was another example of a defender too scared to stick his boot out for fear of scoring an own goal. This time Sams love child Joey O'Brien. Bottle job.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:36 am

Any team in the league would struggle without its record signing and best striker, as well as three centre-halves and an England winger who has been one of our brightest sparks this season. On Saturday I saw a team fighting, in the face of adversity, for their club and manager. We were undone by being forced to play full-backs at centre-half (although they acquitted themselves manfully) and Jaaskelainen's superglue studs for the first goal. It took him an age to decide to come out and, when he did, it was too late. Anyone see him stand stock still for yet ANOTHER free-kick as it came back off the post? And it was the side of the goal he's responsible for! I'd be happier with Adrian in goal and was disappointed to see Jussi return.

It's a tough season, yes. But when three or four of our best players return, there will be an upsurge in confidence and results. I thought Jarvis had his best game of the season on Saturday; Nolan too, scoring one and assisting the other two. Maiga also actually looked a player! That's two goals and two assists in his last 160 minutes of football. Reasons to be cheerful, and on to the Cottage...
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:21 pm

Whilst I agree about our spirit on Saturday it doesn't help when Allardyce fails to see how ineffective our central 3 midfield players are at stopping the opposition playing through us. Neither Noble Nolan or Diame are defensive "holding" players. Noble is supposed to be but is not disciplined enough. Nolan is not in the team for that purpose and Diame is a driving midfield player. If Noble is supposed to be the shield in front of the back four then it is not working. He is neither quick enough or strong enough to play that role. We need a presence in there; like we had with Papa Bouba Diop in the Championship season. We DO have Alou Diarra - a classy international holding midfield player, who played EVERY game for France in the WC2010 and is a regular in their midfield. Every time I have seen him play he looks a quality player who has no glory-grabbing ambitions to go bombing forward or attempting "Hollywood" passes that rarely come off. So, why does BFS continue to ignore him? He has played both Collison and Morrison in that deeper role recently. Why? Neither are suited to that role. Suicide

I have had enough of seeing our midfield being passed around and cut through like a knife through butter. It is no surprise to see James Collins (and others) have to come out of the back four and close down midfield players because the midfield 3 are not capable (or disciplined enough) of doing the job. Chelsea's second goal at UP is a classic example of this

If you have a fit holding midfield player who keeps it simple like Alou Diarra then FFS play him Allardyce; before it is too late
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:32 pm

I agree about Diarra totally, but I wouldn't have played him against West Brom at home. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, yes, but not West Brom.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:58 pm

Dan C wrote:I agree about Diarra totally, but I wouldn't have played him against West Brom at home. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, yes, but not West Brom.

Why not? He is our only true holding midfield player. His presence and discipline - with Noble alongside him - would allow the other four more attacking players to do their stuff. I see no reason to pick and choose when to play him. It is his position and we need him there every game
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 30 Dec 2013, 2:45 pm

Tony P wrote:

I have had enough of seeing our midfield being passed around and cut through like a knife through butter. It is no surprise to see James Collins (and others) have to come out of the back four and close down midfield players because the midfield 3 are not capable (or disciplined enough) of doing the job. Chelsea's second goal at UP is a classic example of this

If you have a fit holding midfield player who keeps it simple like Alou Diarra then FFS play him Allardyce; before it is too late

which then leaves the remaining centre back totally exposed and this has cost us a fair few times this season
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 30 Dec 2013, 3:44 pm

Too many players being played out of position , too many injuries and too big an ego on Fat Sam , that combination has put us where we are , if you could sort out Fat Sam,s ego then the rest will fall into place , eventually .
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 30 Dec 2013, 4:27 pm

I've had the Noble discussion with a Hammer over here.  As much as I like to see him fighting in the oppo area, & getting all emotional if we blow it, I see him as the holding midfielder in the current side.  When Morrison was on the pitch Noble was often collecting balls in areas where Ravel would be more effective, sometimes almost taking balls off Rav's toes.  When we are around the oppo area the midfielders often seem to be in each others way.

The gap down the middle for wba's 3rd goal was huge, only made worse by the jitters that over took our full back line.  (Should I go or should I stay?).

If Noble is an attacking midfielder put him there on merit.  If he is a holding midfielder tell him to stay there.  If there is no holding midfielder then play someone who is.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 30 Dec 2013, 4:59 pm

Johnny K wrote:I've had the Noble discussion with a Hammer over here.  As much as I like to see him fighting in the oppo area, & getting all emotional if we blow it, I see him as the holding midfielder in the current side.  When Morrison was on the pitch Noble was often collecting balls in areas where Ravel would be more effective, sometimes almost taking balls off Rav's toes.  When we are around the oppo area the midfielders often seem to be in each others way.

The gap down the middle for wba's 3rd goal was huge, only made worse by the jitters that over took our full back line.  (Should I go or should I stay?).

If Noble is an attacking midfielder put him there on merit.  If he is a holding midfielder tell him to stay there.  If there is no holding midfielder then play someone who is.

Exactly !
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:04 pm

It does seem like diarra is turning into the new masherano (spelling)
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:29 pm

Kray JR wrote:Saw the goals again today, their third was another example of a defender too scared to stick his boot out for fear of scoring an own goal. This time Sams love child Joey O'Brien. Bottle job.

Just watched that goal again myself. Demel's body position was awful and he got turned inside out. Joe Cole - as usual - tracked back as an afterthought. If Joey O'Brien had stuck his leg out he would have prevented that goal. Can you imagine Ginge, Reid or Tomkins NOT sticking a leg out? I can't
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm

Have i read that wrong dude or have i missed the sarcasm Wink

I thought O'Brien was doing an impression of Tomkins against Arsenal, that one winds me up even more when I think about it. The way JT stopped the way you do if you are about to walk into someone and just let the ball role past him, admittedly Adrian did help.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:37 pm

No sarcasm intended dude. I sincerely thought that any defender worth his salt would stick his leg out - JT included

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:05 pm