West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
SemiOldIron
Tony P
Blakey
Jiggs
Campo
alfiehammer
10 posters

From the relegated team teams 13/14

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

From the relegated team teams 13/14 Empty From the relegated team teams 13/14

Post  alfiehammer Sat 03 May 2014, 6:35 pm

Anyone worth signing?

I'm anticipating the usual 'why would we sign anyone from a relegated team' but if people can avoid such a statement there is normally a few players worth signings from relegated teams....
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

From the relegated team teams 13/14 Empty Re: From the relegated team teams 13/14

Post  Campo Sat 03 May 2014, 6:41 pm

Jordan Mutch squad player, not first 11
    That is all
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

From the relegated team teams 13/14 Empty Re: From the relegated team teams 13/14

Post  Jiggs Sat 03 May 2014, 7:47 pm

Rodallega

Berbatov too old at 33?
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 04 May 2014, 9:23 am

i thought berbatov left in jan? had a look through there squads and no one really stands out. certainly not to add quality to our midfield. i'd have zaha on loan from man u though
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 04 May 2014, 11:32 am

alfiehammer wrote: i'd have zaha on loan from man u though

I wouldn't, he's been shite all season and one of the many reasons Cardiff have gone down.

Dejagah would be a good squad player, Mutch the same, but other than that, no one really shines. 

So far. 

If Norwich were to fall though, add Snodgrass, Howson and Hoolahan to that list.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 04 May 2014, 12:53 pm

done a bit of reading up on Zaha and give u that one mate. i don't watch cardiff much, i thought the few times i saw them he looked a very dangerous sub. loads of pace. but seems unused by them lately to concede your point.

still think for the right price he might end up ok. clearly talent there if the right guy can get it out of him. very young still.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 04 May 2014, 2:26 pm

Jiggs wrote:Rodallega

Berbatov too old at 33?
     WTF Jiggs ?!!! Rodallega? PERLLLLLLLLLLEASE !

Possibles from Fulham - Dejagah, Sidwell, Richardson. BTW funny as fupp to see Heitinga relegated. Serves you right. Prick

Possibles from Cardiff - erm none of them

Possibles from Norwich (if they go down) - Snodgrass, Nathan Redmond, Martin Olsen

Possibles from Sunderland (regardless of whether or not they go down) - Bardsley, Colback (both out of contract)

Not many rich pickings in amongst that lot really are there?

PS Players like Zaha, Borini etc are on loan so we cannot really include them can we

Last edited by Tony P on Sun 04 May 2014, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 04 May 2014, 3:11 pm

Tony P wrote:

Berbatov too old at 33?

BTW funny as fupp to see Heitinga relegated. Serves you right. Prick

that was my very thought when i saw scanning through the squad. Wanna see the toure guy at everton royally deck up his career too. prick.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 04 May 2014, 5:33 pm

Tony P wrote:

Berbatov too old at 33?

rofl smiley  What?
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 04 May 2014, 7:56 pm

Snodgrass is worth chasing IMO.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 05 May 2014, 5:44 am

ugh... c'mon alfie... why would we want to sign anyone from a team that just got relegated?

we already have a team filled with players you can't guarantee will turn up and play their hearts out or stand around like a game of statues and lose half a dozen games on the spin.

we need to be looking up... not down.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 05 May 2014, 10:14 am

westhamonkey wrote:

ugh... c'mon alfie... why would we want to sign anyone from a team that just got relegated?

we already have a team filled with players you can't guarantee will turn up and play their hearts out or stand around like a game of statues and lose half a dozen games on the spin.

When we went down in 2003 Chelsea got Glen Johnson and Joe Cole. Spurs (eventually) got Fredi Kanoute, Michael Carrick and Jermain Defoe. Man City got Trevor Sinclair and David James. Not too shabby eh?

Just because a team gets relegated it doesn't necessarily follow that every player in every squad is not worth signing does it?
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 05 May 2014, 11:11 am

Tony P wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

When we went down in 2003 Chelsea got Glen Johnson and Joe Cole. Spurs (eventually) got Fredi Kanoute, Michael Carrick and Jermain Defoe. Man City got Trevor Sinclair and David James. Not too shabby eh?

Just because a team gets relegated it doesn't necessarily follow that every player in every squad is not worth signing does it?

thanks tone. could not have answered that better myself. Not to say there are many gems (or bargain squad fillers) from relegated teams, but sometimes a few. admittedly not much from the teams this year. agree about snodgrass.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 05 May 2014, 12:09 pm

I like Sascha Riether at Fulham. Am not a fan of Demel and think Riether would be a good short-term option at right-back.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 05 May 2014, 1:13 pm

Dan C wrote:I like Sascha Riether at Fulham. Am not a fan of Demel and think Riether would be a good short-term option at right-back.
    Decent player but I would prefer Phil Bardsley. Available on a "free" too
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 05 May 2014, 2:29 pm

Bardsley would do a job
    forgot who mentioned it but i forgot about Redmond, I would snap him up

and as said Zaha,  no thanks mr billy big bollox without the performances to back his own hype
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 05 May 2014, 2:33 pm

Why would we want to buy a relegated player has already been answered coherently. I would just add these points:

• Beggars can't be choosers.

• Why would a player from a team higher than us want to come to us?

• We have no money.

• Beggars can't be choosers.

• We are not a very attractive offer to any player.

• And finally, beggars can't be choosers!
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 05 May 2014, 2:42 pm

Campo wrote:Bardsley would do a job

and as said Zaha,  no thanks mr billy big bollox without the performances to back his own hype

Has Zaha been a Billy Big Bollox then? Or is the hype the media and his high transfer fee?? I would say he has suffered from his Man U transfer solely as the club had a different manager than that that purchased him, and under Slur Alex he would have been nurtured and feel better to have been done so by an experienced hand.

Whether he'd be another Gareth Bale (who took a few seasons to start shining-then rocketed) or a Wayne Rooney who has stayed much the same level as his earlier years; only time would tell. Again I doubt we'd have the money or pull to bring him in unless as a loanee. Half a season at a shit side doesn't indicate potential and talent, certainly doesn't marr it either.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 05 May 2014, 9:18 pm

Tony P wrote:

One of the worst times as a hammer for me ..... I remember those vultures circling above the Boleyn.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 06 May 2014, 9:23 am

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:

Has Zaha  been a Billy Big Bollox then? Or is the hype the media and his high transfer fee?? I would say he has suffered from his Man U transfer solely as the club had a different manager than that that purchased him, and under Slur Alex he would have been nurtured and feel better to have been done so by an experienced hand.

Whether he'd be another Gareth Bale (who took a few seasons to start shining-then rocketed) or a Wayne Rooney who has stayed much the same level as his earlier years; only time would tell. Again I doubt we'd have the money or pull to bring him in unless as a loanee. Half a season at a shit side doesn't indicate potential and talent, certainly doesn't marr it either.

watched him a fair few times this season, could be the transfer fee and all that but the times I have watched him I would say he is not a full team player, times when a simple ball will do Zaha tries all the flicks and tricks and in the end loses the ball
    yes he is great when things are going well, but when he has to dig in he just goes missing.
    He may well turn out to be a world beater as you say only time will tell.
    all my opinion obviously
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 06 May 2014, 11:21 am

Campo wrote:
    JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:

Has Zaha  been a Billy Big Bollox then? Or is the hype the media and his high transfer fee?? I would say he has suffered from his Man U transfer solely as the club had a different manager than that that purchased him, and under Slur Alex he would have been nurtured and feel better to have been done so by an experienced hand.

watched him a fair few times this season, could be the transfer fee and all that but the times I have watched him I would say he is not a full team player, times when a simple ball will do Zaha tries all the flicks and tricks and in the end loses the ball
    yes he is great when things are going well, but when he has to dig in he just goes missing.
    He may well turn out to be a world beater as you say only time will tell.
    all my opinion obviously

Ronaldo was like that at first for Man U. Always used to do that cross thing with his heel. Then he bulked up, moved central and turned into a frankly awesome player. And a wanker.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 06 May 2014, 6:26 pm

The difference is that the Mancs could afford to allow a player to go missing sometimes during games, with the quality of our lot we can ill afford it
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 07 May 2014, 7:52 am

Sam has already indicated his priorities are " flair player/s and strikers. So that counts out some of the lightweight defensive muppets mentioned above. IMHO Demel has not been bad this season at all.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 07 May 2014, 11:08 am

Not seen enough of him really to jdge and respect your opinion so that's why I bouht up the question.

My opinion is that as a young lad he has had his confidence knocked-and that's not always a bad thin; shoiws they are not as cocky as they appear. (Something Mr Morrison doesn't seem to suffer from-he has the Joey Barton mentality; nothin is his fault)

He went from top dog at Palace, signed by the worlds most successful club manager ever and was expecting nurtured exposure to a Man United team in the next 2-3 seasons. Also, being picked by Enland, where the media picks the team now days, did him few favours.

He wouldn't work at UP under Sam at all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:57 am