West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Jiggs
Stevenage Dave
manurewa hammer
Kray JR
alfiehammer
mottinghammer
Campo
11 posters

Non-League Thread

Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Non-League Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Non-League Thread

Post  Kray JR Sun 05 Apr 2015, 7:54 pm

The run had to come to an end at some point.

On to tomorrow and Hemel at home.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 06 Apr 2015, 10:09 am

Local derby with Farnborough today, I feel like shit as I have picked up man-flu , but wont miss this one Non-League Thread - Page 10 2901933171
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Mon 06 Apr 2015, 7:59 pm

Starting too dislike Hemel.

Seen two games against them this season one league and one cup where we have had an off day.

They smashed the ball long at every opportunity, grabbed a one nil lead, went down to 10 men first half and then time wasted for the rest of the game. We probably could have played for another hour and still not scored. Their keeper made two or three unbelievable saves and to top it off he time wasted in the last 10 minutes by trying to kick every goal kick out wide over the stand !!!

The only thing that cheered me up was when their centre back, and the scorer of their goal, who had been trying to wind up our players through the whole game got sent off near the end for putting his head in in an incident that he didn't need to get involved in. Non-League Thread - Page 10 1518089606 Non-League Thread - Page 10 1518089606
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 06 Apr 2015, 8:45 pm

3-1 win, not a great game all round , our second was a pen that never was
    however todays result means we are in the play offs and effectively relegates farnborough Non-League Thread - Page 10 1343512671
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Mon 06 Apr 2015, 11:36 pm

as always, keeping an eye on your teams. Whatever happens it's been two highly successful seasons ... clap clap
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:55 pm

Great season for the Bs

Championship - LEADERS Bournemouth / Also in the frame 'Boro 3rd, Brentford 7th
    Div 1 - LEADERS Bristol City
    Div2 - LEADERS Burton / Also in the frame Bury 4th
    Conference - LEADERS Barnet / Also in the frame Bristol Rovers 2nd
    Conference North - LEADERS Barrow / Also in the frame Boston 3rd
    Conference South - LEADERS Bromley / Also in the frame Boreham Wood 2nd, Basingstoke 3rd

Might be big odds at that?!

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:43 pm

Bromley win the Conf South and are promoted

one game to go

Boreham can finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th
    Basingstoke can finish 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th
    Havant can finish 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th
    Whitehawk can finish 3rd 4th or 5th

Ebssfleet today sacked manager Jamie Day, that club is a farce Non-League Thread - Page 10 3725042725
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 24 Apr 2015, 5:16 pm

We retained the Essex Senior Cup beating Billericay 5-0 on Monday night.....nice end to the season after going off the pace a little in recent games. Hopefully end with a nice win against Farnborough to finish another solid season in this league.
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Fri 24 Apr 2015, 5:28 pm

Kray JR wrote:We retained the Essex Senior Cup beating Billericay 5-0 on Monday night.....nice end to the season after going off the pace a little in recent games. Hopefully end with a nice win against Farnborough to finish another solid season in this league.

a most promising future looks on the cards ...
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 25 Apr 2015, 7:11 pm

Finished the season
    Highest placing in our 119 year history

ended up 3rd

P40 Pts 73

Booked on the coach to Whitehawk for the 1st leg of the play offs on Weds
    home leg next weekend

Big Bow to Concord for finishing Farnborough's season of with a 3-0 win to the Essex boys
    any team that builds a 2500 new stand when the average bods through the gate is 250 deserves to be relegated that after being in administration 3 out of the last 5 years Non-League Thread - Page 10 3725042725 ers

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 7:19 am

Campo wrote:Finished the season
    Highest placing in our 119 year history

ended up 3rd

P40 Pts 73

Booked on the coach to Whitehawk for the 1st leg of the play offs on Weds
    home leg next weekend

Big  Bow  to Concord for finishing Farnborough's season of with a 3-0 win to the Essex boys
    any team that builds a 2500 new stand when the average bods through the gate is 250 deserves to be relegated that after being in administration 3 out of the last 5 years  Non-League Thread - Page 10 3725042725 ers

clap Non-League Thread - Page 10 1518089606
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:56 am

Play off 1st leg tonight down in Brighton against Whitehawk, early finish and in the club for 3 for a pint or two before the coach Non-League Thread - Page 10 3777063607
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:39 pm

good luck there!!!!
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:27 pm

so far so good for Basingstoke, winning 1-0 away from home, almost HT now ...
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm

MAIDENHEAD

Maidenhead United fans having fun on the final day of the season

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:53 am

Finished 1-1 all to play for on saturday now, we have of our better players returning from suspension too so they will be fresh
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm

Campo wrote:Finished 1-1 all to play for on saturday now, we have of our better players returning from suspension too so they will be fresh

Not bad at all ...

Must re_produce this great write-up from my pal 'Darlo', who runs Extreme Football Forum -

So here we are again in the play off semi-finals and the trudge north to the match. Memories abound of last year when at this stage we were totally complacent as we faced Ramsbottom and thinking we stuffed them in league games so nice easy ride to final. Things are never what they seem are they as within twenty minutes we were 2-0 down and looked like we just hadn't turned up....and we hadn't. By the time they got sorted it was to late and we were out in the semis. It can't happen this year can it?

We face our local rivals Spennymoor United at home in the semi and the first half is what can only be called cagey. 30 mins in an I don't think anyone has had a shot in anger, it's more like a practice game than a play off semi with all at stake. Someone risk something please. It is better to go down trying than this tippy tappy rubbish. Our only saving grace is we have had more of the ball and do look the better side but at 0-0 that means naff all. Oooh action with 10 mins of the first half left Spennymoor break on a counter attack and a cracking shot that looks in. In fact it's a great effort....thank god it hit the bar! we got away with one there. So it looks like that could be the only action of the half when in injury time Darlo break the ball is with Armstrong and god knows what he did I must have blinked one minute he had the ball, next second it's in the back of the net. Everyone is cheering so I guess we are one up, god how did I miss that or did I? Still 1-0 up at half time and probably deserve it on the little action we have had although they had the better chance.

That's it now we can drive on in the second half and win this thing now. Wake up Dave it's Darlo we are talking about they wont do that they are winning in a play off game so they are duty bound to cock it up. You think I'm kidding don't you oh I so wish I was.

The second half starts and to be fair to Spennymoor they have come out fighting, obviously got the old "Fergusson hairdryer" treatment from their manager at half time then. 15 minutes in and it's time the gods say "time to put a spanner in Darlo's works" and boy do they rub it in. Isn't that Joe Tait, ex-Darlo player. That's the boy, won't it be good if he sticks one on Darlington then and lo the gods decreed it and Tait stuck it in. 1-1 then but we aren't out of it yet. It is still nip and tuck I suppose, well maybe not we are getting deluded again. In truth Spennymoor look the better team this half. We almost look at times like we have given up and it's only 1-1! And just when you think there still might be a chance up pops fate to slap you across the face and say "sit down, don't be stupid", as you watch a second goal rifle in shame it was for the opposition. 75 minutes and we are 2-1 down they have turned it around, what the hell is going on....I've woken up in one of those horror movies destined to live every Darlo defaeat again and again but by a different team each time.....nooooooooo!

Good job Gray is in charge then perhaps maybe he knows what to do. So on trundles...wait is that hitman Hatch, 33 year old lanky striker..he's our saviour, surely not. Eat your words my man as with his second touch he scores....what do I know eh? 80mins then and it's two all. It really could go either way. This is a one time event as well, no replay only extra time and pens to follow so we are in for a roller coaster ten minutes then as both sides try to finish this.
    Spennymoor look fired now and just like when we were winning they can't believe that they are not now...funny old game this as someone once said. Spennymoor attack and oh no we do mess things up as he slips past his man and shoots. It's on target looks in to me and that's it then 3-2 with minutes to go, destined to lose yet again in the play-off semis. Wait a minute did someone just raise the bar by a foot then or did my eyes deceive me as the ball hits the woodwork and comes back out. It is still level and on we go but now it's our turn to attack and the ball comes in and Dowson meets it and......yeeees it's in. get in my son, this is one comeback.
    Picking my heart back up off the floor from the turmoil that Darlo put you through I see it is pumping again as we could win this couldn't we? I mean we scored with a minute left but wait there is four, where the hell do get four minutes from! of injury time. Will my heart last this sort of turmoil again in injury time god only knows.
    Finally the whistle and yes I can't believe it we have won the semi 3-2.
    We are in the final against Bamber Bridge but don't worry fate will step in to knock us back down to earth again, it always does but we will live the dream between now and Saturday afternoon.

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:37 pm

Concord manager Danny Cowley to take over at Braintree
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 01 May 2015, 7:42 am

some rather unsporting behaviour from the Whitehawk 9Non-League Thread - Page 10 CD35A5EWAAIi2Za
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 01 May 2015, 9:14 pm

Campo wrote:Concord manager Danny Cowley to take over at Braintree

Danny and his brother Nicky who was his assistant have both joined Braintree, they deserve the chance after all the hard work they have put in at Concord, good luck to them. Didn't stop feeling gutted when I heard the news though.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 01 May 2015, 10:42 pm

Good luck to Danny and Nicky
    I did like Danny's style when Concord have visited the Camrose, he directs the players on his feet from the first kick to the last

Jason Bristow (Basingstoke manager) turned down Aldershot in March even though he is on only £20K a year full time including the academy.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 02 May 2015, 8:31 pm

Gutted
    now time for Non-League Thread - Page 10 1746495726 and wine got a nice red in and Non-League Thread - Page 10 2796379495
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sat 02 May 2015, 9:59 pm

Campo wrote:Gutted
    now time for Non-League Thread - Page 10 1746495726  and wine  got a nice red in and Non-League Thread - Page 10 2796379495

sorry pal, if it's consolation ... your time WILL come!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 02 May 2015, 11:24 pm

Campo wrote:Good luck to Danny and Nicky
    I did like Danny's style when Concord have visited the Camrose, he directs the players on his feet from the first kick to the last

Jason Bristow (Basingstoke manager) turned down Aldershot in March even though he is on only £20K a year full time including the academy.

Gutted for you today mate.

Danny and Nicky  are great to watch on the touchline they kick, head and tackle every ball whilst watching unlike that Whitehawk manager who struts across the pitch like he is doing a fashion shoot.

I'm assuming they are still part time at Braintree as they are both PE teachers at my daughters school, I'm hoping they stay as my boy goes there from September and they were one of the reasons he wanted to go there. They took some of their athletics team to the world schools athletics championships last year and finished 4th.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 05 May 2015, 1:17 pm

Alan Devonshire joins Maidenhead Utd

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:10 pm