West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Tony P
SemiOldIron
westhamonkey
7 posters

The Travails at our Club

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

The Travails at our Club Empty The Travails at our Club

Post  westhamonkey Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"The Hammers were fourth at Christmas, but if the Premier League had started on Boxing Day they would be 15th, three points off the bottom.
    They still have a chance of a top-10 finish which, for West Ham, would be an excellent achievement but on the back of their current form it feels like they have had a bad season when they really haven't."

I'd really love to know what's going on behind the scenes... what the directors are thinking... what the players are thinking... something is rotten in Denmark...
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

The Travails at our Club Empty Re: The Travails at our Club

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:07 pm

Well, I got my enjoyment in when we were in the top six, knew it could never last The Travails at our Club 2067971686

As for now, the whole club seems to be treading water. For what it's worth, my reading of the situation is that Sullivan, Gold and/or Brady have a replacement manager strongly in mind who is resisting their enticements, but they haven't given up yet. Another year or two of BFS is their fall-back position - he knows it, but isn't really bothered, if they offer him a contract to stay and take us to the OS he'll probably take it, but there's likely to be several other opportunities for him elsewhere. This uncertainty is getting to the players, their form is shit , and it's really pissing off the fans.

Probably completely wrong, but hell, there's fupp all else to talk about.... confu
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:43 am

I just don't 'get' this idea that players are such delicate and fragile little flowers that the slightest 'uncertainty' makes them lose all semblance of skill and performance...

are really that much of a bunch of cunts?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 23 Apr 2015, 8:43 am

Is that one of those rhetorical questions West Ham Monkey?! Wink
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 27 Apr 2015, 4:56 am

I guess it should be since I missed out the word 'they' and then forgot to check back to reply to you...

but...

It is something that genuinely irks me...

I mean it goes beyond the fact that you got kids doing nothing more strenuous that playing football and being paid a kings ransom for it...

but all this guff like I read from Stewart Downing that the players are going to go out for the last four games and play for BFSA's job...

Like what the fupp have they been doing since Xmas? Trying to get him sacked?

If they hate the manager - why not play well for themselves? for the fans? for the club?

If they want to leave... why not play as well as they can to attract the interest of wherever it is they want to go?

If the manager wants a new contract... why bot play to the team's strength?

Why not use the same tactics that worked so well in the first half of the season?

I just don't get the "excuses" as to why we're playing so shitty these days with the same team as did so well before Xmas.

Baffles me it does...
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 27 Apr 2015, 12:20 pm

That's what being a  West Ham supporter is all about! The Travails at our Club 2723394577 I've been baffled since 1967, before that I had a simple life emot
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:04 pm

mottinghammer wrote:That's what being a  West Ham supporter is all about! The Travails at our Club 2723394577 I've been baffled since 1967, before that I had a simple life emot
    Ha ha, we must be of a similar age MH. I started supporting the Hammers at the cup final in 64 but I was only 8 and started to get into them the following season in 65. 66 was world cup year and 67 season was the first one I was allowed to go and watch, on my own I would add. I would have been 11. As you say, it was baffling back then how we could be so crap even with three England World Cup winners in the team, the rest must have been awful! :-)
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 27 Apr 2015, 4:05 pm

I started to go in 1967 as well, same age to. For me it got even worse in the early 70's, relegation fights with the likes of Burnley and Blackpool and at that time we still had three World cup winners (OK Greaves never played in the final, but they gave him a medal eventually!) at least then with the likes of Billy Bonds and Frank Lampard senior in the team there was some passion in the side, now there is nothing just grey men going through the motions and being made millionaires into the bargen. The Travails at our Club 200143081
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Mon 27 Apr 2015, 4:29 pm

Ah the days of Bonzo and Lampard, that was a decent era, they in both of our FA Cup winning sides. Indeed the 1980 team was the foundation of a (in my opinion) our best team ever with the introduction of players like Cottee, Goddard & McAvennie.

p.s. I guess you stood on the Northbank too!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 27 Apr 2015, 5:29 pm

Of course, lol!  then moved to the South ended up in the West side and stayed there when they put seats in.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:24 pm

I stood on the north bank... but haven't been around as long as some of you old fogeys...

I left it late before I started going to games - which is kinda weird considering my gran lived on Katherine Road and all my family grew up there but despite all supporting WHUFC, no one ever suggested taking me to games until I met up with other Hammers fans at school and college...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:25 pm

oh, and it still weirds me out when we play towards the Bobby Moore stand and that's where the 'home' fans are...

I'll always be a north bank boy
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 28 Apr 2015, 8:04 pm

B
    westhamonkey wrote:

I just don't 'get' this idea that players are such delicate and fragile little flowers that the slightest 'uncertainty' makes them lose all semblance of skill and performance...

are really that much of a bunch of cunts?

It's does seem so.

It reminds me of the season sir Alex announced he was retiring at the end of the season. One of man u's worst seasons in years.....
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 30 Apr 2015, 8:27 am

North Bank for me too when i lived in London in 1971/72. Loved it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:05 am