West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

2 posters

Pre-Season: WHUFC vs Fulham in Austria 7/20/17

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Pre-Season: WHUFC vs Fulham in Austria 7/20/17 Empty Pre-Season: WHUFC vs Fulham in Austria 7/20/17

Post  westhamonkey Thu 20 Jul 2017, 8:02 pm

Who doesn't love the interwebs...

Sitting at home in sunny Los Angeles being able to watch me beloved West Ham play live in Austria...

So how was it?

interesting...

1st half we were aggressive, attacking... easily took it 2-0.

2nd half we put out the 'names' and 'regulars' and were absolutely terrible, passes all over the place, crosses either too long or too short and didn't manage a shot on target - even from a corner.

Lanzini played the 1st half only.

2nd half we had Zabaleta, Snodgrass, Ayew, Noble, Collins

Arran Hobday
    Tea Boy/Girl

Pre-Season: WHUFC vs Fulham in Austria 7/20/17 Empty Re: Pre-Season: WHUFC vs Fulham in Austria 7/20/17

Post  Arran Hobday Thu 20 Jul 2017, 8:35 pm

I know it`s only pre-season but I was worried at just how poor we looked in the 2nd half with what was a much stronger team then the 1st half yet the first half we looked really good defending and going forward.

So in two games we`ve drawn one and Won one ( Scoring 2 and Conceding 1 ) and we`ve come away with no new injuries which is a bonus.

Added to the fact that by the time we next play a friendly we`ll have Hernandez and Artonuvic as well things are starting to look bright so far ahead of the new season.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Pre-Season: WHUFC vs Fulham in Austria 7/20/17 Empty Re: Pre-Season: WHUFC vs Fulham in Austria 7/20/17

Post  westhamonkey Fri 21 Jul 2017, 9:53 pm

without wishing to sound unduly negative... how can you say things are looking bright for the stat of the new season when the two transfers you mention aren't even completed yet...

the team that is likely to be our starting line-up (i.e. the 2nd half team) were a complete bag of shit

and the goalkeeper who kept us in the game in the first half is being sold.

i'm happy to sit on the fence and just wait to se how things pan out when the season starts... but ain't seen anything to give me much if any confidence it'll be different to or better than last year...
    Arran Hobday
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Arran Hobday Sat 22 Jul 2017, 7:34 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    without wishing to sound unduly negative... how can you say things are looking bright for the stat of the new season when the two transfers you mention aren't even completed yet...

the team that is likely to be our starting line-up (i.e. the 2nd half team) were a complete bag of shit

and the goalkeeper who kept us in the game in the first half is being sold.

i'm happy to sit on the fence and just wait to se how things pan out when the season starts... but ain't seen anything to give me much if any confidence it'll be different to or better than last year...

The two signings are all but done. By Monday/Tuesday they will both be West Ham players.
    To be fair yea that 2nd team in the 2nd half is more then likely to be bar one or two from the 1st half our team for this season but as much as i don`t agree with it Hart is likely to be our No.1 and I`m pretty sure Hernandez is likely to start with Auturnavic as well.

I`d say the team we will put out against United will be. :
    Hart
    Zabaleta
    Ogbonna
    Reid/Fonte
    Cresswell
    Antonio
    Lanzini
    Noble
    Auturnavic
    Ayew
    Hernandez
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 22 Jul 2017, 8:35 pm

so the blue from Stoke is official now...

but Ayew? as a starter?

we should get rid of him and Snodgrass and bring in another striking option to back up Marko and Javier (hoping that his deal goes through) or do we now have to buy another goalkeeper?

Randolf is already gone and Adrian is being touted as leaving as well...

So... rented ground, rented players...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 3:01 am