West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

More on Super Parker Scotty

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

More on Super Parker Scotty Empty More on Super Parker Scotty

Post  Geezer Fri 04 Mar 2011, 5:06 pm

Scott Parker has enjoyed a February to remember, inspiring West Ham United to two valuable Barclays Premier League victories and into the FA Cup sponsored by EON sixth round.

The Hammers' outstanding No8 capped a memorable month by scoring the opening goal in last Sunday's thrilling 3-1 win over Liverpool.

The 30-year-old also made a timely return to the senior England side, impressing many with his assured display in the 2-1 friendly international win over Denmark in Copenhagen.

Parker has been rewarded for his efforts with not one, but two awards - Barclays Player of the Month and SBOBET Player of the Month.

For the former, the midfielder polled the most votes in a decision made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football's governing bodies, the media and football supporters.

"It is certainly a great honour," said Parker. "Things are obviously going well personally and I'm absolutely delighted to win this award and am very pleased with the way things are going. Personally, it's very good.

"To get this award is very pleasing, so hopefully we can now pick up some results and stay up to round it off."

The two-time Hammer of the Year was also thrilled to be voted SBOBET Player of the Month by the club's supporters for the third consecutive month.

"I've built up a good rapport with the fans here and obviously they appreciate what we do. They appreciate everyone. I'm sure they will be right behind us today and urging us on to get the three points we need.

"For sure, it makes a massive difference when you're out there and your fans are behind you."

While Parker was happy to collect his personal accolades, he was happier to see West Ham pick up seven Barclays Premier League points from a possible 12 in February, giving the club an increasing chance of avoiding relegation this season.

"I do feel like I'm playing the best football I have played in my career. Obviously I'm a little bit older and a little bit wiser and personally things are going really well on the pitch.

"It's not just me, it's the team, and we've picked up some good results along the way, so it's going really well.

"I certainly believe we will stay up. I've been saying since a long time ago that I do honestly believe we have the squad to get out of the predicament that we're in.

"We have under-performed at times this year and that's why we're in the position that we're in in the league, but if you look at our squad, we have a strong squad. We can certainly score goals and we're looking good.

"We've got a few games left and we need to pick up some more points along the way."

Concentrating on this afternoon's visit of Stoke City to the Boleyn Ground, Parker believes the confidence drawn from last Sunday's victory over Liverpool will spur on Avram Grant's side to collect three more crucial points in their battle for survival.

"We're certainly up for it. It's a massive game for us. We're coming off a great result last weekend against Liverpool and hopefully we can get another three points and start climbing up the league.

"Liverpool came here and we really dominated the game. Especially in the first half, we looked like we could score a few more goals. I was absolutely delighted to get the three points and now we need to push on and get a few more."

"We're looking good. We need to dig in and pick up some results. We know we're getting to the business end of it all now and hopefully we can pick some

WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

More on Super Parker Scotty Empty Re: More on Super Parker Scotty

Post  Jiggs Fri 04 Mar 2011, 6:48 pm

Well deserved Scotty.....You will be a West Ham Legend xx Bow
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Fri 04 Mar 2011, 9:37 pm

Maybe, not been here long enough yet for me, been an awesome player for us the last two seasons, and really our only 'good' point for all of this season. He certainly has the makings of a leg end, give him a couple of seasons as captain when we go on to win the champions league in two years time then he will be a leg end WH Flag
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:06 pm

Shaddup perv :P
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:30 pm

cheesey grin tits tits tits lol! finger