West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Geezer
manurewa hammer
Mattbloke
illhavehalf
Campo
Jiggs
10 posters

The Prem/Chumps/England thing....

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

The Prem/Chumps/England thing.... Empty The Prem/Chumps/England thing....

Post  Jiggs Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:03 pm

What a shame we don't have somebody with a footballing brain as our England manager.....Someone with a pair of bollicks that could chose a championship player over a premiership one. Someone like Ron Greenwood, who picked a player from a lower division (Trevor Brooking) because he could, errrrmm, play football.

It facks me off that a short sighted nob'ead foreign type like Crapello, can dictate to a man where he should play, in order to have a chance of making the England set up, or even just a chance to sit on it's bench.

Maybe Scotty would have liked to stay, but instead has had to watch a new manager build another team, to not include him......has seen the armband given to a newcomer.....has the worry of uprooting his family...............all whilst he listens to the adoration of his fans, with a feeling that he is letting us down.

I just feel that all this could be against his wishes. It has, without a doubt unsettled him, he has not played with an ounce of the passion that he did last season......Maybe with a feeling that he is surplus to requirements, with a too expensive price tag to get away, he feels trapped and his mind must be in turmoil..............He's like a little boy lost.

If it were some other manager, like Twitch, trying to poach him, that would be against the rules, but that prick can do it, and get away with it. Shameful!

I feel for him and any other player that finds himself in this situation. It shouldn't be happening to a talented man, that wants to play for the club he loves, and possibly his national team too.

Please don't tell me that he has to go to 'balance the books' either. I know we were in the Premiership then, but I seem to recall at that time he was the only team member NOT for sale ffs!

angry2
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

The Prem/Chumps/England thing.... Empty Re: The Prem/Chumps/England thing....

Post  Campo Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm

clap clap clap
    illhavehalf
    illhavehalf
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  illhavehalf Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:58 pm

Wow Jiggs that all made sense to me Too early for a beer? 8)

Well said clap clap clap
    Mattbloke
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  Mattbloke Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:48 am

Trouble is, Capello can pick from mids playing against or for Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa, Man City et al, plus good European sides week in, week out. Or he can pick Parker fresh from an outing against Watford or Scunthorpe or Peterborough.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:58 am

Matt, i think Jiggs point is that it doesn't matter where he plays as long as he is given a sense of direction and belonging. If he knows the the story, then it matters fupp all whether he is at Man utd, Barcelona, Chelsea or West Ham. Smile
    Mattbloke
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  Mattbloke Sat 20 Aug 2011, 8:20 am

But Stu, you must have found in something you're good at you need to be doing it with other good people regularly, or else you tail off. I'd love to see Scotty in the team, but I just think times have changed so much that he's got to move to play there. FWIW I don't think he'll ever be a first pick for Capello wherever he goes- if he plays for us for the next 4 years I'll be very pleases.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 20 Aug 2011, 8:23 am

Well said Jiggs The Prem/Chumps/England thing.... 2498225388
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 20 Aug 2011, 8:49 am

Found this in the Star

SAM ALLARDYCE slammed Fabio Capello and the FA after they told Scott Parker he needed to quit West Ham.
    Scott Parker has told his manager he needs a
    move to a Premier League club to avoid harming his chances of playing
    for the national side.
    And
    Allardyce is fuming because he is now likely to lose his star player
    just because someone within the FA has told him to move.
    Allardyce said: “It doesn’t matter if we’re in the mix at the top of the Championship.
    “Scott’s expressed his opinion that he wants to be in the Premier League and playing Premier League football.
    “That’s born upon the fact that someone in the England camp has told him that’s
    where he needs to be. There’s very little I can do about it but it’s
    one of those things where I don’t see why it should be necessary.
    “I don’t see the logic behind it.“If
    he’s playing for us on a regular basis, a player on top of his game
    playing every week in the Championship in hopefully a successful side,
    you’re going to have a player with great confidence joining the England
    squad.“Just because he drops down a division doesn’t mean overnight he’s not good enough to play for England again.
    “I don’t think whatever England team is being picked should be picked from the players playing in the Premier League.”
    A
    £4m bid for the player was laughed at by Hammers co-owner David
    Sullivan on Thursday, with the club wanting around double that figure.
    But though Parker will line up against Leeds tomorrow, Allardyce is sure
    that he will be without his star midfielder by the end of the transfer
    window. Allardyce added: “I have to be pessimistic and say somebody between now and then will probably hit the numbers.
    “It’s a big possibility he won’t be here by September 1. We have to be ready
    for whenever that happens to find a replacement as quickly as possible.
    “I don’t think the chairman can financially handle bringing in another player if he doesn’t go, so we’ll have to wait.”
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:31 am

Capello picked Jay Bothroyd when he was in the Chumpionship with Cardiff last season. Before him SGE picked David Nugent

I agree that it is complete bollix that a player HAS to be playing in the Premier League to represent their country. England are not a world power in football anymore. If the Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish/Irish FA's had the same elitist attitude they would not be able to put out a team

All the England hierarchy have done with Parker is piss him off
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:39 am

If I was Parker I would tell Capello to shuv it where the sun dont shine and show them what they are missing by staying with us . The English team are shit anyway so why bother .
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:04 pm

Geezer wrote:If I was Parker I would tell Capello to shuv it where the sun dont shine and show them what they are missing by staying with us . The English team are shit anyway so why bother .

I would so love this to happen ................... 12 days, and counting!
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sat 20 Aug 2011, 4:47 pm

yup counting the days here too..

Taylor - Noble - Parker - Nolan. Unbeatable in the chumps :whu:

Last edited by IronDane on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 20 Aug 2011, 4:48 pm

Parker needs to reflect big time on what is happening. None of the big clubs have come in for him, and if he was that good at £8m he is a steal. So some one in the England set up has told him he needs to be in the premiership to be in the Eng er land squad. In all honesty how many games will he start if Gerrard, Barry, Lumpolard and a host of others are fit! At best he will be a squad player, prob playing with a lower level premiership team with a very big chance of a second relegation in two seasons (Not something to shout about on your CV Scottie!).

I think this is as much his agent pushing buttons, little move that he hasn't asked for, nice little bounus and the boy is back in the prem.

He should think a little more long term, stay at UP become a leg end, earn a lotta dosh over the next four years, mostly in the premiership. Otherwise he will be plying his trade at Loftus road or some such sh*te hole, coz at 30 earning £70k a week none of the big boys want him.

Also, for whatever reason, BFS has come out and said he wants out, so Scott Parker seems to have burnt his bridges at UP already. Another offer from that sh*tebag TF of around £6m will see him gone, but if QPR are in trouble, Scottie might find he has a poisoned chalice.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

The Prem/Chumps/England thing.... Empty Re: The Prem / Chumps / England thing

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:24 pm

What seems to have caught out a lot of people is that a lot of PL clubs have finally decided that they just ain't going to sign players on stupid wages.It had to happen sometime. GaS have done the sensible thing and brought in a cheaper replacement on the assumption that Parker would go, but if he and his agent don't accept what's now offered he could just stay at UP and continue to cash in, a nightmare situation for the board. As far as West Ham goes he's now a spare prick at a wedding, and a very expensive one at that, so for the financial good of the club he has to go. As others have said, he'll probably have to go to a bottom-end outfit for another season fighting relegation and maybe an Engerland bit-part - tough luck, Scotty, you didn't deserve it, but shit happens.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 6:29 am