West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Tony P
shaun of the thread
7 posters

I'ts time for us British to take a stand.

shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

I'ts time for us British to take a stand.  Empty I'ts time for us British to take a stand.

Post  shaun of the thread Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

Ive just heard some really shocking news. The Royal British Legion are not selling poppies in certain areas on Nov 11 this year. This is because some minorities say that it will upset them. I say sod off ... The poppy is a symbol of reverence for our fallen heroes of all the wars the BRITISH military have fought in. BRITAIN STAND UP AND SAY 'WE WANT THE POPPY SOLD EVERY WERE IN THE UK'. THIS IS OUR RIGHT TO REVERE OUR FALLEN..

So it looks like the end of being proud of being British.
    Imo though , sod them , if they are offended live with it like i have too when certian rules are made to suit their needs . If Britian is a free country then i see no need to stop remembering the REAL BRITISH HEROS where ever you are in the world. Im sure those people were from all over the uk when they signed up/ made to fight for our future!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

I'ts time for us British to take a stand.  Empty Re: I'ts time for us British to take a stand.

Post  Tony P Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:59 am

Sounds like a hoax to me
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

I'ts time for us British to take a stand.  Empty Re: I'ts time for us British to take a stand.

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:24 am

Daily Mail type sensationalism. Trying to stir the masses.

No reason why people of other culture would not want Poppies sold or worn-it symbolises people lost in World Wars-not just British people.

Some people really want civil war in this country-a prediction; the "British" would lose-too bloody lazy and non-passionate!
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:55 am

Tony P wrote:Sounds like a hoax to me

(2)

BNP or EDL initiated most likely
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:27 am

But if it isn't a hoax it surely won't stop shops selling them - is it only those collecting on streets affected?
    Malenky Droogs
    Malenky Droogs
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  Malenky Droogs Tue 20 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm

Never mind all that, did they mention anything about flying the flag during the european championship?
    nailbiter
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

Tony P wrote:Sounds like a hoax to me

Might well be a shit-stirring hoax, could just be "creative journalism" - trouble is people believe what they want to believe, even if it's bollox. Remember Birmingham council " abolishing Christmas" to call it "Winterval"?? The poor sods denied it till they were blue in the face, but half the population still believe it was true.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, the British Legion Remberance events remember all who served and died in the British forces, including Indians/Pakistanis ( pre-partition ), West Indians, West Africans, Nepalese and so on. We have a Royal Logistic Corps barracks near us, with lads and lasses doing regular tours in Afghanistan, and a sizeable proportion of them are Commonwealth, not UK, nationals. A West Indian squaddy got the VC in Iraq, as I remember.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 03 May 2024, 1:34 am