West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
Johnny K
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Jiggs
Suzanne Claret
Geezer
mottinghammer
Arran H
Campo
IronDane
Admin
14 posters

West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC  Empty West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC

Post  Admin Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:10 am

West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC  ClubLogoWest Ham United v Middlesbrough FC West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC  ClubLogo

Npower Championship

Venue: Upton Park
    Date: Tuesday 20 March
    Kick-off: 1945 GMT
    Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio 5 live sports extra

TEAM NEWS

James Tomkins is West Ham's latest injury worry for the visit of Middlesbrough after the defender injured his calf at the weekend.

The Hammers are already without Papa Bouba Diop, Ricardo Vaz Te (both hamstring), Winston Reid (head), Julien Faubert (groin) and Guy Demel (thigh).

Boro will be without captain Barry Robson who is still banned following his red card against Leeds.

Utility man Rhys Williams will also be missing with an ankle ligament problem.

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• West Ham are looking for a 25th win from their 58th league match against Middlesbrough, who've won 22 of the previous 57.

• The Hammers are unbeaten in six league clashes with Middlesbrough, winning five of them including the last two. They are hoping to complete a second double over Boro in five years.

• The Teesside club have lost on their last seven league visits to Upton Park, scoring only two goals in the process. They last claimed maximum points on the east London ground in April 2000, with a 1-0 Premier League triumph.

West Ham United

• West Ham had a third successive 1-1 draw on Saturday, away to Leeds.

• It took their unbeaten league run to eight games, but only three of those have been victories, leaving them in third spot, three points behind second-placed Reading, but with a game in hand.

• Sam Allardyce has not seen his side lose in eight games at Upton Park - since Burnley's visit on 3 December - but neither have they won in the last four.

Middlesbrough
    • Middlesbrough have lost three of their last five league games without scoring, including the most recent two. It's seen them slip to sixth place, eight points behind West Ham in third, 11 shy of the top two.

• Tony Mowbray is hoping his side can collect a third win in four away, although they have not managed to keep a clean sheet in league games on the road in 2012.

• They are also still seeking the one goal that will take their total in Championship games under the current manager to 100.
    More to follow .......
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC  Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC

Post  Admin Sun 18 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

As I have been doing for a while now , I popped over to the Boro Chat Forum and put a few questions to them and this is a couple
    of the replies I got . I will post more as they come .

Geezer

Seeing as we will be playing on Tuesday night I thought I would pop in and introduce myself and to get your views on the game . I,m Admin for a relatively new Chat Forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . For most of this season I have been going into the oppo,s Chat Forums and posted a few questions , most have been friendly even Millscum and I hope you will be as well .
    You are currently sitting in the play off places with the same amount of games left as us , will you hang on to this place and do you think you have a chance of going up to the Prem ? We have slipped up a bit lately and even though we have not lost now for 7/8 games Reading and Southampton have been winning , do you think we still have a chance of automatic promotion ?
    Who are the players from Boro we should keep an eye on Tuesday night and who do you think from WH will give you the most problems ?
    What is you best and worst memory of playing against us ? and what do you predict the score to be ? Finally lets hope that things w**k out for Fabrice Muamba and that he makes a full recovery .

Huntsboro
    Geezer Wrote: You are currently sitting in the play off places with the same amount of games left as us , will you hang on to this place and do you think you have a chance of going up to the Prem ?

tbh, i think we will manage to stay in the play offs. (with a possible dip into 7th/8th place), however i think our chances of going up are fairly slim. we're all but out of the running for 2nd place and the play off's is pretty much whoever turns up on the day if we manage to stay in them.

(Yesterday 10:05 AM)Geezer Wrote: We have slipped up a bit lately and even though we have not lost now for 7/8 games Reading and Southampton have been winning , do you think we still have a chance of automatic promotion ?

i do think you will get auto's. probably 2nd place after s'ton. reading always have a decent run near the end of the season and i think it will come to and end soon (maybe...), and they'll finish in the play-offs.

(Yesterday 10:05 AM)Geezer Wrote: Who are the players from Boro we should keep an eye on Tuesday night and who do you think from WH will give you the most problems ?
    and what do you predict the score to be ? Finally lets hope that things w**k out for Fabrice Muamba and that he makes a full recovery .

boro players to look out for - emnes if he's on his game
    - zemmama if he plays (he hasn't recently) can dance around defenders
    - don't know how your defending set-pieces is but mcmahon and martin can hit mean free kicks when they want to.

will gary o'neill be playing? i might be mistaken but think he's a bench player for you? would be interesting to see how he does against us if he plays.

i reckon we'll have a hard game but i'm guessing 1-1 with martin scoring from a free kick.
    We're the website, We're the website, We're the website red army!

tbh we are all probably jealous of your squad, you seem to have bought some quality players - but who are your youngsters coming through your famed academy?

We are off form and as Hunsboro says our three best players are either injured or suspended and few would say any are in a good run of form. Stats show we just don't score enough goals. That said we are OK on our travels, beat Cardiff at their place and are due a win at your place as it's over a decade since we last got a result as far as I can see.

We have never lost this season in the league when we have scored the first goal so the first 20 minutes are crucial for us. I reckon we'll lift our game and sneak it 2:1.

As you say though, all the football community have Muamba in their prayers - just hope the lad pulls through

Amen to Muamba making a full and speedy recovery. Things like that help you remember that at the end of the day football is just a game.

DB23
    Hi Geezer, welcome to oneboro!

In answer to your questions, on current form we won't stay in the top 6 and given our remaining fixtures I don't think we have a hope of getting promoted.

Although Reading and Southampton are in fearsome form, you do have a game in hand and almost the same goal difference as the Royals, so all it takes is one slip-up. I'd say you've still got an outside chance of automatic promotion, but if you ended up in the play-offs you'd have to be favourites to win.

In all honesty I don't think you need to worry about any of our players. Three of our best and most consistent players (Rhys Williams, Scott McDonald and Barry Robson) are injured or suspended. Of the rest, Marvin Emnes (our top scorer) could give you problems, if he plays. On paper our team looks quite strong, but on recent form I would expect a comfortable win for the Hammers.

Prediction for the final score:
    West Ham 3 - 0 Boro

Welshy
    I'm more shocked that there is a 'Welshy' in your predictions league also..
    Geezer, welcome to the Boro forum.

Lee Miller Is Boro's Messi
    Bates is probably the best player left available and with the team he has around him he won't be able to do much to stop you from getting through again and again.

If Steele has a good day then we have a small chance of pulling off a lucky result but I'd be prepared for a heavy Hammers win.

Agree with the Muamba sentiment, good luck to him, wish him a speedy recovery.

Zhimai
    i think you will get an automatic promotion but on this occasion, but you will get defeated by us on Tuesday

you have a pretty strong squad as compared with ours or Reading's

you have gone through the injury on several key players but if any key players of Reading get injuried, they will drop

richmfc
    2 teams not on the best form but i think you have the recources to deal with it better than we have , if you had a poll of the three players we wouldnt want to lose i guess the 3 that are out would be in everyones top 5 , without robson and mcdonald we lose all our drive, our back up drive player is haroun and i doubt hell be fit either. if your off form and we catch you on the break who knows but if you play anywhere near how you can then we dont have the personnel to live with you .
    so id say a lucky very hard fought draw or 1-0 to us or a hammering

Aarfy_Aardvark
    West Ham still have to play Reading and Southampton at Upton Park don't they? So I mean its entirely in their own hands.

I reckon our kitman could cause the most damage to West Ham on Tuesday. By making our lads wear some bright neon green shirt that blinds the opposition. I would say Matty Bates has been the only player that hasn't let us down this season. From an attacking perspective, maybe the pace of Emnes. I saw West Ham v Doncaster and they seemed to struggle with a bit of pace down the flanks so maybe if employed right, he could give your fullbacks a bit of torrid time.

Best memory against the hammers? I liked the 4-1 up at the Riverside when we had Ravanelli and co. Worst was probably either the reverse fixture that season where Schwarzer broke his leg or possibly the cup semi-final with that git Marlon Harewood elbowing in the winner.

If West Ham don't win this by 2 or 3 goals, I will be very surprised. We are struggling to deal with teams that employ a bit of physical presence and aggression and West Ham seem to have that by the absolute bucket loads.

garymarz
    Watch out for Justin Hoyte, if he's crossing the ball you may get hit in the face.

A couple of our lads who you should keep an eye on:

Bailey - Tidies everything up in front of the defence, should be about back to full fitness.

Hammill - Looks like he's getting more into the games, whether it be costing us goals or nearly scoring, he's certainly affecting games.

Emnes - Being dropped last game has hopefully given him a kick up the backside.

And I have a sneeeeaky feeling we may win this one, don't know why, just a gut feeling.

Out of your team, I think Nolan is a nob and will probably score, and you can pick and choose any of your strikers and they will be a threat.

I'm going 1-0 to Boro.

But still think you have the quality in your squad to go up in the automatic places, if its in the play-offs then who knows.

boro-unger
    Geezer Wrote: You are currently sitting in the play off places with the same amount of games left as us , will you hang on to this place and do you think you have a chance of going up to the Prem ?

tbh, i think we will manage to stay in the play offs. (with a possible dip into 7th/8th place), however i think our chances of going up are fairly slim. we're all but out of the running for 2nd place and the play off's is pretty much whoever turns up on the day if we manage to stay in them.

(Yesterday 10:05 AM)Geezer Wrote: We have slipped up a bit lately and even though we have not lost now for 7/8 games Reading and Southampton have been winning , do you think we still have a chance of automatic promotion ?

i do think you will get auto's. probably 2nd place after s'ton. reading always have a decent run near the end of the season and i think it will come to and end soon (maybe...), and they'll finish in the play-offs.

(Yesterday 10:05 AM)Geezer Wrote: Who are the players from Boro we should keep an eye on Tuesday night and who do you think from WH will give you the most problems ?
    and what do you predict the score to be ? Finally lets hope that things w**k out for Fabrice Muamba and that he makes a full recovery .

boro players to look out for - emnes if he's on his game
    - zemmama if he plays (he hasn't recently) can dance around defenders
    - don't know how your defending set-pieces is but mcmahon and martin can hit mean free kicks when they want to.

will gary o'neill be playing? i might be mistaken but think he's a bench player for you? would be interesting to see how he does against us if he plays.

i reckon we'll have a hard game but i'm guessing 1-1 with martin scoring from a free kick.
    We're the website, We're the website, We're the website red army!

Last edited by Admin on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC  Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC

Post  IronDane Sun 18 Mar 2012, 2:22 pm

Keep up the good w**k, Geezer. Love these !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:44 am

anything less than 3 pints tomorrow would leave us in the brown stuff, a must win
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:31 pm

We Need to win this whatever ! WH Flag

I wonder if and hope we do during game when it reaches the 41st minute onwards to half time the fans of both clubs chant Muamba`s Name like Liverpool did yesterday as show of respect !
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:05 pm

Just read that they have only sold 106 tickets , so I thought I would pop over and ask them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , you can read the answers yourslf . If you do join , play nice Evil or Very Mad
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Mon 19 Mar 2012, 9:56 pm

haha they don't have too much faith in their own team do they, good humour Smile watch out for the crosses as we might get hit in the face lol
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

Could justb as well be talking about foorbear there! cheesey grin
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:05 pm

Arran H wrote:We Need to win this whatever ! WH Flag

I wonder if and hope we do during game when it reaches the 41st minute onwards to half time the fans of both clubs chant Muamba`s Name like Liverpool did yesterday as show of respect !

I hope so too, that would keep the fans' minds off the booing (no disrespect to Muamba meant) because at the 41min mark the score is usually 0-0 and that means it is boo time at Upton Park!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:10 pm

A win at any cost is essential tomorrow.

A win by a large score will shut up the West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC  3725042725 booing in the crowd and help the team go forward, but with the way BFS plays I cannot seeing it happening this side of judgement day (which is coming very soon for West Ham! Viking )
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Tue 20 Mar 2012, 5:11 am

Streams:
    Subscription site (for the best quality and no mucking around):
    liveonlinefooty.com – Channel 3 and Channel 4 (HD)
    flashsportstreams.tv – VIP 2 , VIP 31 or Apple 2

Free Streams:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    There's lots of sites that stream Sky Sports - many of them are simply relaying this one:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - we're on Sky Sports 2

Other streams - choose a stream from any of those listing at:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Radio commentary is on BBC Five Live Sports Extra and also BBC Radio London – details and streams a few hours before the match.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Tue 20 Mar 2012, 2:46 pm

I decided just for the fun of it to check Canal+ schedule, they usually don't have many championshiop matches, but what do you know:

Canal+ Sport 1

20.40 The Championship

West Ham - Middlesbrough.

Smile
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Tue 20 Mar 2012, 3:09 pm

You lucky barsteward ID , I switched to via sat lithe season before last . Plenty of links tonight though WH Flag
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:19 pm

I'm leaving w**k shortly to go to the game, just need to put my 'colours' on, I am filled with trepidation, trying to remain positive and upbeat but it’s very hard. nailbiter
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:34 pm

Enjoy Suz WH Flag
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:36 pm

I'll be off soon.....feeling just like Suzanne does nailbiter

C O Y I - F F S!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:50 pm

Have a good one Jiggs , Three Pints needed Darlin WH Flag
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 20 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

I'm glad I'm out tonight, will rush back from playing soldiers to see how we have (not) got on. Have little faith left after the recent run, would love to see us put a few in the back of the net but just cant see it happening.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 20 Mar 2012, 5:22 pm

Decided to splash out £2.99 for the game tonight on flashsportstreams.tv , the fuckers better win or I,ll be sending the bill to D&D
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 20 Mar 2012, 5:30 pm

From WHTID
    Pretty much sums it up
    1. We need three points.
    2. Sam needs to players in position.
    3. We need to play two strikers
    4. The crowd must be patient. And loud.
    5. James Tomkins should not be risked.
    6. Ravel Morrison should start on the right.
    7. James Collison should be rested.
    8. Kevin Nolan needs to put in a shift.
    9. I predict a goal from a Matthew Taylor setpiece
    10. Team: Green, O’Brien, Collins, Faye, McCartney, Nolan, Noble, Taylor, Morrison, Cole, Maynard
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 20 Mar 2012, 5:37 pm

was going to go down the Camrose tonight , but decided to stay in and torture myself in front of the idiot box West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC  3725042725
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:09 pm

warming up with Swedish sausage dish, as we call it, but will be careful not to eat too much or else I won't be able to put my armour on for the match.

Good trip to all of ye who is going, stay positive and we will be alright, I hope!

Good goame to all who is stuck in front of the tele or computer..

COYI we HAVE to win this one! WH Flag Viking
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

I too is not feeling confident tonight but Iam hoping West ham prove me wrong and go out and not just beat Boro but score a few goals aswel !

Team I would go for in a 442 formation :
    Green,McCartney,Faye,Collins,O`Brien,Lansbury,Noble,Nolan,Taylor,Cole and Maynard
    SUBS:O`Neil,Morrison,Baldock,Carew,Collison

COYI WH Flag
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

A host of big Hammers names are at the Boleyn tonight, including Boys of '86 stars Phil Parkes, Alan Devonshire, Tony Cottee and Frank McAvennie, along with 1970s heroes Alan Taylor, Keith Robson and Kevin Lock. Cottee and McAvennie are pictured with former West Ham goalkeeper Allen McKnight . From The offish

West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC  0,,12562~10627017,00
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Middlesbrough FC  Empty Teams are in

Post  Admin Tue 20 Mar 2012, 7:05 pm

West Ham United: Green, O'Brien, McCartney, Faye, Collins, Tomkins, Nolan, Noble, Taylor, Cole, Maynard
    Subs: Collison, Morrison, Lansbury, Baldock, Carew

Middlesbrough: Steele, Hoyte, Bennett, Bates, Hines, Smallwood, Bailey, Thomson, Hammill, Emnes, Jutkiewicz
    Subs: Zemmama, Ogbeche, Arca, Martin, McMahon

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 11:13 am