West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
Johnny K
SemiOldIron
RichB
Arran H
Jiggs
Campo
Suzanne Claret
mottinghammer
Tony P
Admin
14 posters

West Ham United FC V Swansea

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

West Ham United FC V Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Swansea

Post  Jiggs Sat 01 Feb 2014, 4:37 pm

They were just mentioning that dive against Cole, and Sam laughing his socks off ...... Pay back time today?  

I'm sure that we will challenge it, and that cheating poofs performance will influence the decision to overturn it.  There is no place in English Football for that.  Apart from being dishonest, ruining the start of our comeback and today's game, it's disgracefully pathetic  - deport the barsteward!

Rant over..........

Moving on, a fantastic first half which was both a joy and a relief to watch.  Well deserved 3 points.  COYI!!!

Confirmation on the offish that we are to appeal the red card.    

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 01 Feb 2014, 4:58 pm

Nothing will be done about wankers like Flores until players like him start getting bans for behavior like that, Take Carrolls away and apply it to Flores and this sort of shit would stop pretty quickly

Glad about the result but fuming over that pathetic piece of crap
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:23 pm

Jiggs wrote:They were just mentioning that dive against Cole, and Sam laughing his socks off ...
    That was a reply of the one at their place in October [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was referring to one in todays game during the second half, after Carroll had been sent off. The cheating barsteward stood in front of Carlton Cole from a lick out of goal and as Cole jumped for the header the cheat hurled himself forward diving onto the ground. predictably Webb gave a free kick against Cole.  Rolling Eyes 
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:28 pm

Campo wrote:Nothing will be done about wankers like Flores until players like him start getting bans for behavior like that, Take Carrolls away and apply it to Flores and this sort of shit would stop pretty quickly

Glad about the result but fuming over that pathetic piece of crap

clap  clap  clap 

Some on facebook are concerned as Webb is the refereeing "special one" and representing England this time out. Would the FA dare overturn a decision of his?

Last edited by Jiggs on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:32 pm

RichB wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:They were just mentioning that dive against Cole, and Sam laughing his socks off ...
    That was a reply of the one at their place in October [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was referring to one in todays game during the second half, after Carroll had been sent off. The cheating barsteward stood in front of Carlton Cole from a lick out of goal and as Cole jumped for the header the cheat hurled himself forward diving onto the ground. predictably Webb gave a free kick against Cole.  Rolling Eyes 

Sorry Rich, I must have missed that - I'll look on MOTD tonight .......especially for the lick   cheesey grin  xx
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:56 pm

Jiggs wrote:

Some on facebook are concerned as Webb is the refereeing "special one" and representing England this time out. Would the FA dare overturn a decision of his?

'Course not. The Pope gets more things wrong than Howard Webb. Everyone knows that.angry2  
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sun 02 Feb 2014, 12:02 am

It's about time that referees had to publicly account for decisions like that.  It could cost us our season.  Say why he felt it necessary to show a red or admit he was duped & say he made a mistake - no apology necessary. I've had enough of this 'the referee's decision is final' then hide behind the FA.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 02 Feb 2014, 1:12 am

Although Webb was poor for most of the game I can fully understand why he thought he had to send AC off. He would have seen the flailing arm and then was duped by Flores theatrics and histrionics; rolling around holding his face

He was conned
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 02 Feb 2014, 4:30 am

howard Webb's a minge but to be fair to him it was only on the replay that you saw how completely felonious the decision was... but Refs don't get the benefit of hindsight.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the ban will be 1 game max...

Other than that... cracking game... first half was greatr... 2nd half ok, but the good work had been done.

We defended like we did against Chelsea... the jack bastards had 20 attempts on goal... 0 on target.

Apparently they had 65% of the possession (didn't seem like it) but that just goes to show how much we need our defense to all be fit and playing.

So good to see Reid back.

Reid, Tomkins and Collins... it'll take some work for anyone to get past that...
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 02 Feb 2014, 2:26 pm

I have now watched the game on MOTD (was a lot of good matches I thought) and now feel ready to contribute to the thread.

The Nolan/ Carroll partnership WHEN it works really is quite effective. I like Nolan personally and haven't jumped on the anti Nolan bandwagon yet, so was pleased when I followed the game on my app at work and saw the two goals and clean sheet.

The sending off pissed me off no end, what a twat I thought of Carroll.

Having watched the highlights and trying to speak without west ham bias, although Carroll did swing an arm, probably in frustration at the headlock on him, it was barely a sending off, and probably just a yellow. I hope I'm not just being biased in saying Chico is a twat of the very highest order and deserves an equally or longer ban for his unprofessional play acting. I'd like to see Swansea fine him to. Cheating twat.

An away draw at cheatski, and a home win against Swansea and their inform bony. Two clean sheets, Carroll looking better and better, Nolan getting back to his best. Let's hope it's the start of a run of good results and a charge up the table. COYIs
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 02 Feb 2014, 3:25 pm

yeah that  a well balanced view, which means I have no need to rant against the cheating foreign johnnie or the nob of an ex-copper!
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 02 Feb 2014, 4:16 pm

Ref was a twat all game.
    If we cannot overturn Carroll red card and rely on Cole we are doomed.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 02 Feb 2014, 8:36 pm

For fecks sake, It's never ever straight forward watching our lot !!!

Quality performance, we were assured, composed and structured and even after the farcical sending off of "The Great White Hope" never really looked like conceding, Matty Taylor put in another gritty shift and seems revitalised and this result now makes the point we got at Chelscum look even better and more importantly and along with the Chelscum game, the whole team showed a genuine passion and desire to play for the club and us which had clearly been missing in too many previous games and is going to be integral in the fight to avoid relegation.

Let's hope our new shinny thigh'd Italian striker knows where the back of the net is, be good to have a proper plan B up our sleeves and to have another option to give our opposition something else to think about other than Carroll  who was looking better and better with every minute of game time but after watching the sending off over and over and yes the cheating grease ball Flores did fain injury and blaintantly contributed to the decision, I can't see the F.A. Rescinding the card.

More of the same boys,
    Stand Firm West Ham.

Last edited by Hungry Hammer 66 on Mon 03 Feb 2014, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 03 Feb 2014, 12:29 pm

MailOnline Sport‏@MailSport10 mins

We understand Howard Webb stands by his decision to send off West Ham’s Andy Carroll, having reviewed the red card against Swansea #whufc

Then Howard Webb is as bad as Flores, The FA need to grow a set and sort this out
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 03 Feb 2014, 7:32 pm

Campo wrote:MailOnline Sport‏@MailSport10 mins

We understand Howard Webb stands by his decision to send off West Ham’s Andy Carroll, having reviewed the red card against Swansea #whufc

Then Howard Webb is as bad as Flores, The FA need to grow a set and sort this out

Well put
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 03 Feb 2014, 8:21 pm

There are some refs who would have the integrity to say " I've looked at it, I was misled by Flores' playacting, it was the wrong decision". But not Howard Webb, he is more interested in his own "tough-guy" image. I'll be amazed if the FA overrules him because that opens the can of worms about what they then do to Flores, and they don't have the guts to do anything.
    This aspect of the modern game has always sickened me - it was introduced by foreign players and it should have been stamped out from the beginning, but now it's everywhere, and part of some teams coaching instructions IMHO.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 03 Feb 2014, 11:00 pm

Both Carragher and Neville on Sky sports tonight said they would like to see Carroll's red rescinded and Flores punished for cheating but it won't happen
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:07 am

Webb will say that he stands by his decision as - in his opinion - AC intended to swing an arm into Flores's face. The fact that he only caught the top of his head and Flores feigned injury are irrelevant

That's what I think will happen anyway
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:49 pm

The thing is, if Flores had been standing, AC's arm would have hit him somewhere around the stomach.  He'd still have gone down like the sack of shit he is but it wouldn't have looked anything like an attempt to bash him in the face.  The fact that he'd fallen to the floor after AC had shrugged him off when he was trying to get AC in a headlock gave it more of the appearance of an attempted elbow.  There is no way AC could have seen exactly where the cheating shit was when he spun around.

If they do uphold the red - & I don't think they will have the courage to change the decision, far too easy to go along with the ref - then surely it makes all those occasions when players jump & lead with their arm (in the face of the opponent) illegal.  Like John Terry's challenge on AC in the previous match.  I'm not just picking on Terry though.  Those sort of jumps are far too frequent & the fact they are putting their arm up first means intent is there.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:04 pm

Webb didn't see it, he was advised by the lino that it was a sending off.

So having now seen it he still thinks its a sending off.

That's us screwed as there is no way the FA will not back Webb.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 5:47 pm

Soooooo,
    The signing of and building a whole team and way of winning games around Andy Carroll continues to haunt us and is another classic West Ham pantomime.

In the first half against Swansea we all started to believe that "The Great White Hope" would do his thing, we would pick up the points to see us safe, then he tangled with his fellow samurai haired nemesis, stuck out a traling arm and bang, the dirty cheating Cnut Flores hits the floor like a lead balloon, clutching his face like he's just been pepper sprayed and Carroll is  harshly sent off and our car crash of a season skids off the rails again.

It's now down to Fat Sham who has managed us into the bottom thre by putting all the eggs in the Carroll basket to pick the team up and come up with a way to get results with Borriello and Nat King Cole up front for the next three games which let's face it will decide which league we play in next year

COYI's
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 04 Feb 2014, 6:20 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:Webb didn't see it, he was advised by the lino that it was a sending off.

So having now seen it he still thinks its a sending off.

That's us screwed as there is no way the FA will not back Webb.

Knew this was 50:50 and the FA would come down in favour of their world cup referee.

Personally I think Webb was useless last year and worst this year.

Going to be a big embarrassment for us this summer.

Just our luck.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:54 am

All as predicted, sadly, but I would dearly have loved to have been proved wrong.
    Webb thinks he can be Pierluigi Collina by shaving his head and glaring at people. Sorry Howard, it's not image that wins you the respect of players and fans. It's a lost cause hoping that an ex-copper will publicly admit to getting something wrong, anyway, it's just not part of their DNA. But I will be watching to see how soon Webb books someone for feigning injury, and I bet I don't have too long to wait. Got to get the image right haven't we Howard, don't want to look like an easy touch.... West Ham United FC V Swansea - Page 2 3725042725 
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 05 Feb 2014, 1:28 pm

It would appear that the whole footballing world is with us, even Neil Warnock!! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 05 Feb 2014, 4:15 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:All as predicted, sadly, but I would dearly have loved to have been proved wrong.
    Webb  thinks he can be Pierluigi Collina by shaving his head and glaring at people. Sorry  Howard, it's not image that wins you the respect of players and fans. It's a lost cause hoping that an ex-copper will publicly admit to getting something wrong, anyway, it's just not part of their DNA. But I will be watching to see how soon Webb books someone for feigning injury, and I bet I don't have too long to wait. Got to get the image right haven't we Howard, don't want to look like an easy touch.... West Ham United FC V Swansea - Page 2 3725042725 

Sorry don't label us all with that, I was wrong many times in 37 years, but then so are electricians/plumbers/coalmen and every other fupper who work!! Webb is just not as good a referee as he thinks he is and has been protected by the FA for this fupp up

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 5:51 am