West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
westhamonkey
Arran Hobday
Jiggs
Tony P
Charlie Ham
mottinghammer
JulianDicksLeftKnee
manurewa hammer
12 posters

2017/18 where will we finish

manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

2017/18 where will we finish Empty 2017/18 where will we finish

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:32 am

I done a quick tally up (Guess). Have us finishing 8th. Thats given current squad plus 2-3 possible signings.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

2017/18 where will we finish Empty Re: 2017/18 where will we finish

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 28 Jun 2017, 12:47 pm

17th is all I hope for. Every season.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 29 Jun 2017, 10:53 pm

stupid yeah that
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:13 pm

Our finish position depends on this transfer window.
    As it stands at the moment l just hope we stay up.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:04 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Our finish position depends on this transfer window.

stupid
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:12 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:Our finish position depends on this transfer window.

stupid

Yep, I'm with them. 
    It would be nice to see a few home wins of more than one goal though.
    Arran Hobday
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Arran Hobday Wed 12 Jul 2017, 7:17 am

As we stand at the moment with the squad we have I`d say we`ll finish around mid table again like last year. I think the signing of Zabaleta will improve us a little bit in defence with his experience etc.

I do believe we`ve got a decent squad but we haven`t really got enough vocal players who are willing to shout and moan at their team mates etc in the squad.

I really hope after missing out on that young City striker who looks like he`ll go to leicester I hope the board spend big on a couple of strikers this Summer .... Personally I think we will get the same crap from them as we always do. A birmingham fan i know said exaclty what is happening to us now - In that they give all crap about spending on a striker but they have no intention of spending money instead they look for the freebies or loan deals which is spot on with what they`ve done with us .
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 17 Jul 2017, 4:17 am

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:17th is all I hope for. Every season.
    Hope for 8th, if we finish 17th, Either way you will be ecstatic or satisfied! Rather see you a happy Hammer matey.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 21 Jul 2017, 10:23 pm

in rented accommodation with delusions of grandeur?

2017/18 where will we finish 2067971686

But seriously...

I have no idea... not even how to start with a guess....

we finished a lot higher last time out than it looked like we might given most of the season... but even then we could have finished in the top 10 comfortably if we hadn't fucked up a few games at the end.

yesterday's game against fulham was the perfect example of West Ham in all our glory... first half we bossed the game, went 2-0 up... then changed to what is (arguably... likely?) to be our starting 11... with Collins, Noble, Zabaleta... and we were shit... couldn't manage a single shot on goal - not even from a corner kick...

and that line-up included such donkeys as Ayew and Snodgrass... how either of them get out of the car park, let alone into the first team is a mystery that has me completely baffled.

so I just don't know...

the line-up and formation that played the best - we won't use

the goalkeeper who kept us in the game and pulled off an incredible unsighted save - is going to another team

I hope Hart steps in and is a good keeper - even though he's technically just on loan and so we shouldn't get too attached.

I hope we get some more signings - as seems (maybe) likely and they gel with a team that performs as we know they can - not as we often see them do.

I would like to have a lot less pant shiningly poor performances than we had last season

But regardless, I'll still be here... still watching every game, still annoying people with my perspective because as we all know... the more things change, the more they stay the same.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 23 Jul 2017, 5:12 am

westhamonkey wrote:

But seriously...

we finished a lot higher last time out than it looked like we might given most of the season... but even then we could have finished in the top 10 comfortably if we hadn't fucked up a few games at the end.

yesterday's game against fulham was the perfect example of West Ham in all our glory... first half we bossed the game, went 2-0 up... then changed to what is (arguably... likely?) to be our starting 11... with Collins, Noble, Zabaleta... and we were shit... couldn't manage a single shot on goal - not even from a corner kick...

and that line-up included such donkeys as Ayew and Snodgrass... how either of them get out of the car park, let alone into the first team is a mystery that has me completely baffled.

so I just don't know...

the goalkeeper who kept us in the game and pulled off an incredible unsighted save - is going to another team

I hope Hart steps in and is a good keeper - even though he's technically just on loan and so we shouldn't get too attached.

I hope we get some more signings - as seems (maybe) likely and they gel with a team that performs as we know they can - not as we often see them do.

I would like to have a lot less pant shiningly poor performances than we had last season

But regardless, I'll still be here... still watching every game, still annoying people with my perspective because as we all know... the more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Signed Arnautovic and Chicarito! looking better now. Just gotta play the right formation now. Hart Zabaleta Reid Ogbonna Kouyate Obiang Lanzini Arautovic Antonio Chicarito and Carroll.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 23 Jul 2017, 9:55 am

manurewa hammer wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

But seriously...

so I just don't know...

Signed Arnautovic and Chicarito! looking better now. Just gotta play the right formation now. Hart Zabaleta Reid Ogbonna Kouyate Obiang Lanzini Arautovic Antonio Chicarito and Carroll.
    I'd swap Carroll for Masuaku personally.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 23 Jul 2017, 8:48 pm

This is West Ham we could finish 6th we could finish 20th.

No matter who we bring in we still have the majority of the players we had last season who made head scratching decisions on the pitch at times.

Personally Id just be happy with staying up and for the management and players to look like they know what they are doing more. Id love to have a good defensive record for once as well.

To much to ask ? rofl smiley
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 24 Jul 2017, 6:21 pm

Blakey wrote:
    manurewa hammer wrote:
    I'd swap Carroll for Masuaku personally.

and there's the rub...

what is our best formation?

Lanzini was easily the best layer in our first half against Fulham

All the rest played in the 2nd half when we were piss poor - even Zabaleta managed to bring himself down to our level.

And that would be my worry... is putting Lanzini into that 2nd half line-up going to magically raise the game of all other 10 players or does he get sucked down into a poor formation and underperforming team?

We've seen our 'regular' eleven perform like champions, perform line heroes and perform like complete donkeys - I have a feeling that even with all these new signings, that much ain't gonna change
    Arran Hobday
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Arran Hobday Tue 25 Jul 2017, 7:02 am

To be honest if I was Bilic and I had to chose a formation that would get the best out of the whole team I would probley go with 4-1-3-2 with this line up providing everyone is fit.:
    Hart
    Zabaleta
    Reid
    Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Kouyate
    Antonio
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic
    Carroll/Ayew*
    Hernandez

*Depending on what one is fit or if both are fit then I`d start Ayew and pair him up alongside Hernandez.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 25 Jul 2017, 1:08 pm

Arran Hobday wrote:To be honest if I was Bilic and I had to chose a formation that would get the best out of the whole team I would probley go with 4-1-3-2 with this line up providing everyone is fit.:
    Hart
    Zabaleta
    Reid
    Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Kouyate
    Antonio
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic
    Carroll/Ayew*
    Hernandez

*Depending on what one is fit or if both are fit then I`d start Ayew and pair him up alongside Hernandez.
    I'd be happy with that, should manage 17th at a pinch, although Tony Cottee reckoned on Talkshite that we could be top of Premier league 2 in 8th place. I'd go for for a fit Carroll alongside Hernandez, rather than Ayew. What to do withmr West Ham tbough? 
    Bilic also seems to like 3 at the  back, so it would be Reid Ogbonna and Fonte/Collins/Rice or Burke with Zabeleta and Cresswell as wing backs, Kouyate, Obiang holding, Lanzini Arnoutavic and Hernandez up front, my issue here would be Zabeleta being able to play as a wing back all season. Still no place for mr West Ham? Whats Slav going to do??
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Wed 26 Jul 2017, 7:51 am

Arran Hobday wrote:To be honest if I was Bilic and I had to chose a formation that would get the best out of the whole team I would probley go with 4-1-3-2 with this line up providing everyone is fit.:
    Hart
    Zabaleta
    Reid
    Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Kouyate
    Antonio
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic
    Carroll/Ayew*
    Hernandez

Kouyate likes to get forward as well, I would expect the midfield to do less tracking back than they did last season with that side. rofl smiley
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Mon 31 Jul 2017, 4:51 pm

we will be top 7 .... man u will win the league ....

head says  huddersfield burnley and westbrom down 

heart says Spurs chelsea and man city down 

i could be wrong
    Arran Hobday
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Arran Hobday Mon 31 Jul 2017, 8:57 pm

To be honest on Paper we have a squad good enough now to complete for a Top 7 finish. It seems Sakho is willing to stay and fight for his place now he is back to training after injury - I really hope he stays and stays fit as he to me personelly along with Hernandez are our two best finshers out of all our strikers and I believe the two of them could form a deadly partnership upfront if given the chance by Slav.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Thu 10 Aug 2017, 10:53 am

We will fight with Leicester and Southampton over top 8-10. If we have a very good season, we might be able to compete with Everton for 7th! But there will be surprises, so who knows, Tottenham might end up on 18th place! Bring on the season! scarf
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 10 Aug 2017, 3:58 pm

IronDane wrote:We will fight with Leicester and Southampton over top 8-10. If we have a very good season, we might be able to compete with Everton for 7th! But there will be surprises, so who knows, Tottenham might end up on 18th place! Bring on the season! scarf
    ID that is the nicest thing you have ever written!  2017/18 where will we finish 1518089606
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 11 Aug 2017, 7:26 pm

mottinghammer wrote:
    IronDane wrote:We will fight with Leicester and Southampton over top 8-10. If we have a very good season, we might be able to compete with Everton for 7th! But there will be surprises, so who knows, Tottenham might end up on 18th place! Bring on the season! scarf
    ID that is the nicest thing you have ever written!  2017/18 where will we finish 1518089606

God I hope he's right about the squirts   2017/18 where will we finish 1343512671
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 16 Aug 2017, 7:48 am

Just got back from my holiday and can't say I was very impressed with our last game.
    With that in mind I think we will struggle under Bilic and be thereabouts at the bottom come end of season.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:22 pm