West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

WHUFC vs West Brom Januar 2nd, 2018

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs West Brom Januar 2nd, 2018 Empty WHUFC vs West Brom Januar 2nd, 2018

Post  westhamonkey Tue 02 Jan 2018, 7:02 pm

well proof as if it were needed that we really don't have a scooby as a club...

if the line-up presented by the official club twitter is to be believed...

Carroll - having been injured and completely shit - just walks straight into the starting line-up

Chicharito sits on the bench... further fueling the rumors that Moyes just doesn't like him.

So in a must win game... we're going with our tried, trusted and always failed formation of one striker up top...

And the Spuds are so confident they're even resting Kane for today's game against the Swans so he's fighting fit to go against us on Thursday..

fupp me... get Moyes out of the club - we could be looking at three defeats in a week
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs West Brom Januar 2nd, 2018 Empty Re: WHUFC vs West Brom Januar 2nd, 2018

Post  westhamonkey Tue 02 Jan 2018, 7:51 pm

if you play as a lone striker...

might be a good idea to get out of the centre circle

or not playing on the wing

but whatever...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs West Brom Januar 2nd, 2018 Empty Re: WHUFC vs West Brom Januar 2nd, 2018

Post  westhamonkey Tue 02 Jan 2018, 8:29 pm

kinda predictable...

a team that can't score and can't win... takes the lead thanks to West Ham...

Caroll... playing his usual pointless Trevor Brooking role... plays a pass all the way back to ur defense... a minute later the ball's in the back of the West Ham net... true, it took a horrible deflection... but seriously... what the fupp!

Carroll just stands in the 6 yard box and waits for the ball to come to his head... doesn't make a single attempt to get to the ball so the WBA defense gets a series of free headers to clear the ball.

Lanzini had great chance saved

but over all... we're doing what we do best... losing to a shit team...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 02 Jan 2018, 8:41 pm

Even with all that rest

Even with home advantage

Even with needing three points more than anything

same old west ham... we're the gift that just keeps on giving...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 02 Jan 2018, 9:03 pm

and there you have it... Carroll's longest goal drought in his career is over (who says West Ham don't help people get back on track)
    For the first time n the game he actually attacks the ball and guess what... the fucker scores...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 02 Jan 2018, 9:16 pm

bringing off Masuaku????

I know e wanted to see Chicharito come on... but taking off one of our two best players seems like a dumbass move...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 02 Jan 2018, 9:18 pm

Ogbonna pulls off one of the great defensive tackles of all time
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 02 Jan 2018, 9:50 pm

Well... that was unexpected - and very welcome.

2-1 to the Hammers

a goal in the 93rd minute

Andy Carroll scores twice...

He tried for exactly two balls in the entire game and scored with both... thank fupp we were playing about the worst team in the league...
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 02 Jan 2018, 9:53 pm

Not impressed then monkey?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 02 Jan 2018, 10:44 pm

mottinghammer wrote:Not impressed then monkey?

with the victory... sure

with the performance... not at all... we came close to losing to a team that hasn't won in 18 games... we were all over the place, defended like blind kids (no offense meant to blind kids)... Carroll was useless - until he decided to actually make an effort - which he did precisely twice.

Yeah... we won... awesome...

but we're only a point above relegation... got Spuds on thursday and we're about as inconsistent as it's possible to be as a team of so-called professionals

So yeah... I'll take the victory, always will

But not impressed... not with the manager, not with the set-up, not with the team, not where we are in the league...

But unbeaten in 2018 sounds pretty good - let's see how long it lasts.

3 points against Spuds will take us up till 11th... how fupping weird would that be given where this season has gone...
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 03 Jan 2018, 3:54 pm

I can see where you're coming from, I can also see a battering tomorrow evening with our defence. 

Something I did notice from the highlights was the lack of West Ham players who celebrated with Carroll, wonder if all the togetherness is real or there are issues under the surface?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 03 Jan 2018, 7:58 pm

I watched the entire game but I think I was so stunned by our winner that I didn't notice the 'lack' of team celebrations with Carroll...

Having sat through every difficult minute of it, I do tend to agree with Pardew that basically WBA ran out of steam thanks to two games in a couple of days and without that we'd have been struggling for a draw at best or another humbling defeat.

None of this bodes well for tomorrow against a spuds team that seems to be able to bag a shedload against almost anyone... our defense was horrible yesterday

I'll take the victory and I'll even take us being in this position come the end of the season - because anything worse will be catastrophic... but none of it makes for happy watching or restful nights...
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 04 Jan 2018, 1:50 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    bringing off Masuaku????

I know e wanted to see Chicharito come on... but taking off one of our two best players seems like a dumbass move...

to be fair even though Masuaku has been one of our better players in recent games he was having a bit of a Kouyate the other night. Giving the ball away time after time, being booked and looked like he went down a bit too easy at one point after that. Maybe Moyes taking him out of the firing line before the ref done it for him.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 04 Jan 2018, 1:51 pm

westhamonkey wrote:and there you have it... Carroll's longest goal drought in his career is over (who says West Ham don't help people get back on track)
    For the first time n the game he actually attacks the ball and guess what... the fucker scores...

Carroll needs service to attack the ball mate, I think the first goal was possibly only the second ball into the box that beat the first defender.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 04 Jan 2018, 8:03 pm

Kray JR wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:and there you have it... Carroll's longest goal drought in his career is over (who says West Ham don't help people get back on track)

Carroll needs service to attack the ball mate, I think the first goal was possibly only the second ball into the box that beat the first defender.

understood... but watching the game... Carroll was so often out on the wing or standing in the centre circle... which totally defeats the point of long ball one striker football...

and then when he was actually in the box, he'd just stand around, no movement, no attempt to get the ball...

until one time he actually jumped for a ball played to his head... and he scored...

but all of this is moot cos the fucker's injured and on the bench for the spuds game

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 11:19 am