West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
alfiehammer
SemiOldIron
Arran H
7 posters

Kevin Nolan

Arran H
    Reserves

Kevin Nolan  Empty Kevin Nolan

Post  Arran H Sat 22 Sep 2012, 7:54 pm

Is it just me or is Kevin Nolan not only looking like the best captain we have had for ages but also one of the best transfer deals that BFS and the TWO davids have done !?!?

Nolan seems to have got the players together and turn them all into fighters on the pitch with the help of BFS and all the players seem to respect him and listen him when he has something to say and he never seems afraid to tell the players what he think of them if they make a mistake or if they do something good etc

But most of all he score`s some very important goals not only this season so far but also last season in fact IMO without nolan`s goals last season we would not of got promoted !

Nolan has made 52 appearances in all competitions so far for us and has scored 16 goals and thats counting today`s goal against Sunderand scarf Not bad for a midfielder Smile
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Kevin Nolan  Empty Re: Kevin Nolan

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 22 Sep 2012, 8:35 pm

I think I would have to agree with you there Arran. Didn't really take to him at first, but he just gets better and better. And thank God he knows how to score, without his goals we would be well and truly Donald Ducked.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 22 Sep 2012, 11:00 pm

I think must of us knew this was a good signing from the day it was announced, nolan isn't gonna run around endlessly type midfielder but he motivates and leads on the pitch and scores his fair share of goals. I like him alot heart
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 23 Sep 2012, 8:02 am

I Always knew that Nolan would be a great signing for us from the day he signed for us last year , I think Nolan is 30 this year and with 3 years still lefted on his contract I think he will end his career with us tbh He seems to enjoy playing for us scarf
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 23 Sep 2012, 8:48 am

I think it has taken a lot of us - me included - a while to understand just what Nolan's role is in the team

He is not a combative, holding midfield player. He is not going to go past players either. We have bought other players to do that

Sam has bought him quite simply for his goals from midfield and as a leader on and off the pitch. From that point of view he is doing exactly what he was brought here for

Long may it continue
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 23 Sep 2012, 12:07 pm

He's doing a sterling job for us....I've even warmed to his goal celebration, so if he wants to dance about like a chicken - he can Kevin Nolan  86123369
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 23 Sep 2012, 1:15 pm

i think Tony's post summed it up, the scouser has grown on me, he was always going to be a good signing, but his off field leadership as well as on field is proving to be what we needed

Just wait till Carroll gets a good run, then we will see the real Capt
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 23 Sep 2012, 1:20 pm

Tony P wrote:I think it has taken a lot of us - me included - a while to understand just what Nolan's role is in the team

He is not a combative, holding midfield player. He is not going to go past players either. We have bought other players to do that

Sam has bought him quite simply for his goals from midfield and as a leader on and off the pitch. From that point of view he is doing exactly what he was brought here for

Long may it continue
    stupid (sorry Tony, Geezer got a smiley wot says I'm wiv the smart bloke cheesey grin )
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 24 Sep 2012, 7:03 pm

mottinghammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:I think it has taken a lot of us - me included - a while to understand just what Nolan's role is in the team

Long may it continue
    stupid (sorry Tony, Geezer got a smiley wot says I'm wiv the smart bloke cheesey grin )

Nah! You got the right smiley Motty !
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:38 am

aye, well said Tony, summed up brilliantly stupid

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 5:13 am