West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
Tony P
Campo
Arran H
SemiOldIron
Admin
9 posters

Wigan v West ham United FC

Arran H
    Reserves

Wigan v West ham United FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan v West ham United FC

Post  Arran H Sat 27 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm

They are chanting same old west ham always cheating , the only finguck cheating i have seen is wigan !!! how finguck many times are they going to hack our players !!!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 27 Oct 2012, 4:54 pm

BOLLIX
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 27 Oct 2012, 5:09 pm

Well the bubble has burst now. Well out played.

Must listen to my brain and not my heart when it comes to our squad.
    Was starting to think we were better than the players we have. Now brought back down to earth.
    Still think there are 3 teams worse than us, but now expect a bottom half finish to the season.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 27 Oct 2012, 5:20 pm

When I read out the team sheet to Mrs G , I thought Yeah , that looks like a team that can nick it , finguck hell was I wrong . Wigwam look like out new notlob , just cant beat the 17th placed DNB,s
    Tuff two months coming up and I just hope WH can put this behind them and show that we mean business . Mid table finish come crimbo
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 27 Oct 2012, 5:33 pm

Painful to lose to anyone, but especially painful to lose - TWICE - to an outfit who are going nowhere and can't even half fill their stadium. Since I couldn't watch or listen today I'll have to rely on reports as to just how badly we played.
    Just hoping that being 7th for a few days wasn't the high point of the season. Sad
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 27 Oct 2012, 6:17 pm

You did well to miss out Semi.....
    Our defence were all over the place mostly, not good at the best of times, but with Jaaskelainen behind them it was suicide. This has to be his worst performance yet. None of the others came out to play either and bringing Cole on for Noble just showed our desperation!

Our consolation goal from a defender, again begs the question "where the hell are our strikers"?

Our next half a dozen games will see us slowly slide down the table, unless BFS can get his act together and sort this bunch out!

The away support run away with men of the match clap
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 27 Oct 2012, 8:29 pm

shit day all round then, went and watched Basingstoke secure a place in the relegation zone , play off places last season the to the bottom 3 in 13 games this season doh
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 28 Oct 2012, 7:51 am

Having watched MOTD last night I noticed something during the build up to Ramis`s goal that I didnt notice when watching the game at the time ....... Just who the hell was ment to be marking Ramis during that corner !?!? Becuase take nothing away from the goal as for a defender that was a superb strike but he did have alot time to do what he wanted IMO
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 28 Oct 2012, 10:13 am

Sam Allardyce admitted his West Ham United team had not performed well enough in their 2-1 Barclays Premier League defeat at Wigan Athletic.

A slow start at the DW Stadium saw West Ham fall a goal behind in the eighth minute, although Big Sam felt Ivan Ramis had impeded Winston Reid before lashing Jean Beausejour's corner into the net with an unstoppable volley.

At half-time, the manager demanded an improvement from his side, only for Wigan to double their lead within two minutes of the re-start. Jussi Jaaskelainen's clearance fell to a Latics player and when Shaun Maloney laid the ball into the path of James McArthur, the midfielder had the freedom of the penalty area to lash past the Finn.

To the Hammers' credit, they did rally late on, with James Tomkins seeing his volley deflect off home skipper Gary Caldwell and onto the face of the crossbar. The No5 then found the net when he headed in George McCartney's left-wing cross, but by then the clock had already ticked into the 93rd-minute and there was next to no time left for the visitors to fashion an equaliser.

"I would say that in terms of performance levels, there just wasn't one," said the manager with typical honesty. "The terribly disappointing thing is that we came with a lot of anticipation and were building up ready for another big game after a great victory and second-half performance last week, then went out and basically gifted the game to a team that had not won at home all season.

"We didn't really put any opposition up against them and the disappointing thing is that our level of performance was such a surprise to me - not just one or two players, which can happen in a game of football, but most of our outfield players just didn't perform, particularly in possession, to the level we know they can play at.

"Because of that, we never got any momentum going forward and, because we kept giving the ball away, the game was always a struggle from start to finish."

While he admitted his team had not reached the standards he demands, the manager felt the Hammers could still have got something out of the game if they had scored a few minutes earlier.

"We scored at the end but by then it was too late. We needed a goal a little sooner and that might have got us back in it because it would have got Wigan's nerve-ends twitching because they had not won a game at home, but we never did that.

"We had a couple of chances and didn't score and finally when we did it was far too late."

Concentrating on Wigan's goals, the manager said there was a case for disallowing Ramis's opener for a foul on Reid by the Spaniard.

"You could look at the first one and say that it's a foul because Ramis pushes Reidy away. It is a hell of a volley, but there is a foul committed on Reidy and had he not pushed him away he might have got a bit closer. The volley was so good, though, that he might not have stopped it.

"The second goal was the worst one for me. We had just had the players in at half-time and told them 'We need to get the ball forward with some quality into our front three' which we had decided to play with in the second half.

"If you look at it, we look at playing the ball forward then turn and give it to the centre-half. He then looks to play the ball forward and turns around and plays it to the goalie. The goalie miskicks it and it comes into our box. It bobbles around and we probably should have cleared it, then it goes to McArthur and he puts it in the net.

"What were the players thinking about? What was the problem? Hopefully it is a one-off, but it was really disappointing - not just the result but the way we performed."
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 28 Oct 2012, 12:27 pm

Arran H wrote:Having watched MOTD last night I noticed something during the build up to Ramis`s goal that I didnt notice when watching the game at the time ....... Just who the hell was ment to be marking Ramis during that corner !?!? Becuase take nothing away from the goal as for a defender that was a superb strike but he did have alot time to do what he wanted IMO

Winston Reid
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 28 Oct 2012, 1:17 pm

I didn't see the game at all and read no match commentary but when Arran asked that question I just knew exactly who the culprit was!

I would be interested to know what sort of defensive tactic he played under at his former club that saw us shell out £4.5m for him. 3 seasons in and although improved, his marking and positioning is so often lacking. I am certain he played as part of a 5 man defence; where he had no marking duties, a libero perhaps??

That's not to say its solely him, we all pretty much agree our back 5 is nowhere near strong enough-and was the area most needing w**k pre transfer deadline, we saw only Ginger come in.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 28 Oct 2012, 1:39 pm

And Ginger has caused oh so many problems for a number of games so far this season
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 28 Oct 2012, 1:43 pm

Can't blame one person for this defeat.

According to Sam when we had the ball we gave it away so easily so going forward we were non existence.
    That meant pressure was always on the defence.

The fact of the matter is we have not got the best defence but if we keep giving the ball away matters will be worse and we will leaks goals. We do need some better premiership defended as we do need some better premiership midfield players. It now looks to me like we should have brought in a couple of better central midfield players and some extra defenders at the expense of £11 million on Jarvis.

My fears now are where will be in the table at the end of November. Play like we did against Arsenal and the first half against Southampton and we will steadily slide down the table.

Winning the midfield battle is the area I would most like to see improved because from where I’m sitting we don’t seem to have improved from last year where we did surrender that area to the away teams at home.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:35 pm